PDA

View Full Version : Stidham

archdawg
08-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Long time reader, but first post here.

I am a lone Dawg in an office full of Auburn grads. I have seen several reports of Stidham struggling in AU's first scrimmage. Won't link articles since one comes from SDS and the other from AL.com (which I am not a big fan of...) All those not hopping on the hype train yet may be on to something....There are reports that White may still win the starting job.

I, for one, would love to see some struggles from them cause it just makes work a little more enjoyable.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I read that article too. It sounded like Gus was pretty disappointed in Stidham. He was expecting a lot more out of him. If he doesn't live up to the hype they are an 8-4 team.

Dallas_Dawg
08-08-2017, 08:41 AM
If they go 8-4 and lose to Bama, I bet Gus is gone

Dawg61
08-08-2017, 08:44 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/glvyCVWYJ21fq/giphy.gif

I like this but it doesn't matter much when Pettway runs the ball straight up are arse 40 times in a row

Hasu Dackds
08-08-2017, 08:51 AM
If I'm Arkansas, and this happens, I'm firing Tub of Lard and hiring Gus pronto.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 09:00 AM

I like this but it doesn't matter much when Pettway runs the ball straight up are arse 40 times in a row

Love the GIF by the way..

They have a couple of WRs that are reportedly freaks of nature. So, with Pettway's solid running and Stidham just throwing the ball in the general vicinity of the mutant WRs they'll be alright.

Ari Gold
08-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Becasue last year and this year are the same for us on defense.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2017, 10:24 AM
He's a thrower. You need to be both a thrower and runner in that system. Plus he is going up against Auburn defense and there's probably no defense in the big 12 as good as Auburn's defense.

msstate7
08-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Did Baylor ever have an ineffective qb under briles?

Johnson85
08-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Possibly. Looking at their schedule it looks like they'd be a 9-3 team without improvement from last year.

LockeDawg
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Nah, if they go 8-4 and lose to UGA then Gus is gone. They'll let a loss to Saban slide, as only 2 current SEC coaches have ever beat him (Sumlin '12/Malzhan '13.)

Powersaw
08-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Always liked Malzahn's offense, but his QB recruiting has been very mediocre throughout both tenures at AU. Cam is the obvious outlier. Nick Marshall was a converted CB who was great as a JR, average as a SR. Chris Todd was pretty decent, but he was inherited. The rest? Kiehl Frazier (bust), Kodi Burns (meh), Jeremy Johnson (bust), Sean White (meh). Stidham may end up being a stud, but he's getting way too much credit right now based on a thin resume'.

Saltydog
08-08-2017, 11:41 AM
NT

Turfdawg67
08-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Jeez Negative Nelly... that was last year. Get over it... our newly improved Grantham D is gonna stuff that arse this year. Figuratively... oh course

Johnson85
08-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Nah, if they go 8-4 and lose to UGA then Gus is gone. They'll let a loss to Saban slide, as only 2 current SEC coaches have ever beat him (Sumlin '12/Malzhan '13.)

Where is the fourth loss coming from that they would forgive? Clemson, UGA, and Bama I think are all understandable losses from teh viewpoint of Auburn fans.

If Gus loses to LSU, A&M, MSU, or Arkansas to get a fourth loss, his seat will be on fire. Not sure it should be, but if he keeps his job, it will only be because cooler heads prevail about their chances of finding a better coach wanting to be judged against Saban every year, while also looking at the reality that LSU has a questionable coach, Sumlin is probably on his last legs, and Bert hasn't been able to get Arkansas over the hump, and MSU is one year away from a 5-7 season, and UM is imploding. Second in the West could be easier to get to in quite some time after this year.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Where is the fourth loss coming from that they would forgive? Clemson, UGA, and Bama I think are all understandable losses from teh viewpoint of Auburn fans.

If Gus loses to LSU, A&M, MSU, or Arkansas to get a fourth loss, his seat will be on fire. Not sure it should be, but if he keeps his job, it will only be because cooler heads prevail about their chances of finding a better coach wanting to be judged against Saban every year, while also looking at the reality that LSU has a questionable coach, Sumlin is probably on his last legs, and Bert hasn't been able to get Arkansas over the hump, and MSU is one year away from a 5-7 season, and UM is imploding. Second in the West could be easier to get to in quite some time after this year.

If we go into Jordan-Hare and somehow beat them this year then Gus is a fired coach walking from that moment on.

QuadrupleOption
08-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Long time reader, but first post here.

I am a lone Dawg in an office full of Auburn grads. I have seen several reports of Stidham struggling in AU's first scrimmage. Won't link articles since one comes from SDS and the other from AL.com (which I am not a big fan of...) All those not hopping on the hype train yet may be on to something....There are reports that White may still win the starting job.

I, for one, would love to see some struggles from them cause it just makes work a little more enjoyable.

I've not seen anything over Malzahn's tenure that tells me he's any good at developing QBs. This is why I'm just not buying the Stidham hype until I see it on the field.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
If we are putting stock in scrimmage performances, Fitz is in for a loooonnnnng year.

Dawg61
08-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Becasue last year and this year are the same for us on defense.

Jeez Negative Nelly... that was last year. Get over it... our newly improved Grantham D is gonna stuff that arse this year. Figuratively... oh course

How easily you forget how frustrating that game was last year vs Pettway. We couldn't stop him if we loaded 11 in the box. Until Mullen & Grantham prove they can stop Pettway running straight up the middle whoever plays QB doesn't matter.

Token Bammer
08-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Stidham is just the latest in the long line of preseason Hypesman trophy winners for *u. They do this to themselves every year. By "they" I mean the barn u writers and coaches (especially Gus) themselves. They pump their preseason hype machine so much that meeting expectations becomes nearly impossible. I rather enjoy it, personally.

AU is a historic eight win program that believes they are a ten win program. They try so hard to get attention they set themselves up for failure. Nearly everytime the booger eaters are expected to do something legitimate they fail, hard. It's when *u has zero expectations you need to watch out for the turds.

sandwolf
08-08-2017, 02:25 PM
How easily you forget how frustrating that game was last year vs Pettway.

I remember.....it was incredibly frustrating. Nothing fancy, just long drives with them running it straight down our throat. It was really tough to watch.

I am optimistic that incompetent performances like that will be a thing of the past with Grantham running the show.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2017, 02:35 PM
I remember.....it was incredibly frustrating. Nothing fancy, just long drives with them running it straight down our throat. It was really tough to watch.

I am optimistic that incompetent performances like that will be a thing of the past with Grantham running the show.

Sirmon was unable to make adjustments during the game. One day he might be able to and be a great DC but the SEC is not a conference you get your feet wet as a DC. In fact no P 5 conference is good for that.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Sirmon was unable to make adjustments during the game. One day he might be able to and be a great DC but the SEC is not a conference you get your feet wet as a DC. In fact no P 5 conference is good for that.

According to a former player Sirmon was a deer in the headlights when the game plan fell apart. He was clueless when the shit hit the fan.