PDA

View Full Version : bear signees being told the NCAA problem was from previous administration.....

bomanishus
08-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I remember seeing where several of those bear hotshot recruits said that freezus told 'em when they signed that they had nothing to worry about, that it was nutt's administration but I can't find those posts now....anybody remember these? apparently the recruits thought freezus was "honest" and they "believed him"

MaroonFlounder
08-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Deontay Anderson and DD Bowie were both lied to in the worst way based on interviews they gave after signing day.

Mjoelner34
08-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Deontay Anderson:

"I talked to Coach Freeze about [potential violations]," Anderson said, adding that "he said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn’t shake me up."

Scroll down to the first of the 2 ESPN Insider articles dated 2/1/16
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/135550/deontay-anderson

D.D. Bowie:

"Coach Hugh Freeze never lied to me, so that's where I choose to be."
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/02/01/dd-bowie-signs-ole-miss/97300838/

msbulldog
08-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Deontay Anderson:

"I talked to Coach Freeze about [potential violations]," Anderson said, adding that "he said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn’t shake me up."

D.D. Bowie:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/02/01/dd-bowie-signs-ole-miss/97300838/

Nothing like a MSU fan who saves quotes (or know where they are).
Reputation given!

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Rep given as well.

I know we had the conversation about AJ Brown and I am not in favor of him transferring to State but Bowie might be a different story. I want to see what he can do for OM this year first though. We can treat OM like the JV team.

Political Hack
08-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Rep given as well.

I know we had the conversation about AJ Brown and I am not in favor of him transferring to State but Bowie might be a different story. I want to see what he can do for OM this year first though. We can treat OM like the JV team.

You take them if they're good kids and you have space available. I wouldn't be ok seeing us process guys to bring one of their players here.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-07-2017, 10:06 PM
You take them if they're good kids and you have space available. I wouldn't be ok seeing us process guys to bring one of their players here.

I thought we had the problem of not having a full roster.

Political Hack
08-07-2017, 10:13 PM
I thought we had the problem of not having a full roster.

Sounds like they want to sign a lot of kids next year though. They could find a spot if it happened. One way or the other.

Pollodawg
08-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Exactly.

TUSK
08-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Can't Matt Luke (honestly) say that, now?

Mimi's Babies
08-07-2017, 11:54 PM
He's part of the problem....

Howboutdemdogs
08-08-2017, 07:04 AM
As a Bearshart hater, I am torn. One side says, screw all of them, they got what they deserve by signing with those morons. The other side feels bad that some young men was purposely lied to by a well oiled cheating machine, which now they have to live through the consequences.

As for certain Ole Piss players, even though they are still very young adults with little life experience and heads full of wothless self knowledge,,,there is no sympathy or empathy,,,,,,they can kiss my a--, hope you enjoy they rest of your pathetic college experience.

bomanishus
08-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Deontay Anderson:

D.D. Bowie:

thanks! that's what i was looking for. if you come across any others, lemme know....

Mimi's Babies
08-08-2017, 07:26 AM
I HATE this statement.... [B][I]You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to _______ again.

+1 Rep given Mjoelner34

Jack Lambert
08-08-2017, 08:12 AM
He's part of the problem....

Hell wasn't he named in the NOA?

1bigdawg
08-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Hell wasn't he named in the NOA?

Named, but not accused.

Mimi's Babies
08-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Named, but not accused.

1bigdawg-- Ever wonder WHY he was named? Oh he is so guilty he reeks of poop.... "Making sure someone GETS his grades" according to one boosters wife....

shannondawg
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I remember seeing where several of those bear hotshot recruits said that freezus told 'em when they signed that they had nothing to worry about, that it was nutt's administration but I can't find those posts now....anybody remember these? apparently the recruits thought freezus was "honest" and they "believed him"

They tell them that as the gave them the keys to their car, handed them their envelope?

RougeDawg
08-08-2017, 01:51 PM
As a Bearshart hater, I am torn. One side says, screw all of them, they got what they deserve by signing with those morons. The other side feels bad that some young men was purposely lied to by a well oiled cheating machine, which now they have to live through the consequences.

As for certain Ole Piss players, even though they are still very young adults with little life experience and heads full of wothless self knowledge,,,there is no sympathy or empathy,,,,,,they can kiss my a--, hope you enjoy they rest of your pathetic college experience.

Ditto. If they were too stupid, ignorant, or so easily misled to sign with that dumpster fire, I don't want them donning a maroon jersey. Their overall intelligence is also corroborated with their GPA, hence the reason we went bowling last year instead of them.

If two players are close to the same athletic ability give me the one that has a track record of intelligent acts. Even if a player is slightly less talented athletically, give me the proven track record of good decisions and intelligence. You cannot teach intelligence. Look no further than OM's signing class history and GPA. Their history has tended to prove the point they only look stars and not whole picture. I don't want any of them bringing us down.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2017, 02:19 PM
They tell them that as the gave them the keys to their car, handed them their envelope?

Let's be honest a new car, money and all the ***** you can handle might have been enough bowl games be damn. A bowl game is all they are missing while playing college football. They have everything else that goes with it. You know they were not going to win the SEC or NC.