PDA

View Full Version : Hits Keep Coming for the Sharts

Indndawg
08-07-2017, 04:26 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/potential-starting-rb-ole-miss-jordan-wilkins-leaves-practice-due-injury/

AlmostPositive
08-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Hope he's not seriously injured. Also hope he endures a 2-9 season.

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Hate it for the kid. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a bunch of "injuries" this season. There's a difference between being hurt and injured but with players ready to bail they will opt towards the latter to save their eligibility for their next team.

bostondawg
08-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Hope he's okay. When we mop the floor with OM this season, I want them to have zero excuses. No prisoners.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Hope he's not seriously injured. Also hope he endures a 2-9 season.

They play 12 games

Westdawg
08-07-2017, 06:10 PM
".......missed all of the 2016 season due to an ACADEMIC ERROR..."

Wow. I have not seen that kind of spin since.....wait, it's Ole Miss. never mind.

Seriously, though. What the heck would be considered an " academic error" ?

Leroy Jenkins
08-07-2017, 06:14 PM
".......missed all of the 2016 season due to an ACADEMIC ERROR..."

Wow. I have not seen that kind of spin since.....wait, it's Ole Miss. never mind.

Seriously, though. What the heck would be considered an " academic error" ?

If I remember correctly, the academic advisors didn't have him enrolled in enough hours to remain eligible.

PMDawg
08-07-2017, 06:33 PM
If I remember correctly, the academic advisors didn't have him enrolled in enough hours to remain eligible.

Soooo....Mistakes were made? (Too easy)

LC Dawg
08-07-2017, 06:44 PM
They play 12 games

They play 12 bowl games.

Westdawg
08-07-2017, 09:10 PM

I have to call some BS on that. The athletic academic advisors KNOW what you have to take at bare minimum for eligibility. I had an advisor when I first got to MSU who had previously been in the athletic dept as a grad student. football players are only required to take something like 6 or 9 hours to be eligible. If he got less than that, it's because he decided to put in his own schedule. Those schedules go through about 2-3 sets of eyes before they are given the final go-ahead.
........however, this is the same dept that was supposed to be monitoring other things and messed those up too.

AlmostPositive
08-07-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm expecting a death penalty just before Thanksgiving :D

Indndawg
08-08-2017, 05:33 AM
I have to call some BS on that. The athletic academic advisors KNOW what you have to take at bare minimum for eligibility. I had an advisor when I first got to MSU who had previously been in the athletic dept as a grad student. football players are only required to take something like 6 or 9 hours to be eligible. If he got less than that, it's because he decided to put in his own schedule. Those schedules go through about 2-3 sets of eyes before they are given the final go-ahead.
........however, this is the same dept that was supposed to be monitoring other things and messed those up too.

he prolly had the minimum eligible hours and dropped a class and didn't realize it.

He's prolly majoring in Dumbassery

Jack Lambert
08-08-2017, 08:06 AM
They play 12 bowl games.

So Ole Miss is he only school playing in a bowl game on September 2?