PDA

View Full Version : OT: Saving FB games from Comcast/DirecTV

BHildreth3
08-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know if there is software (legal or illegal) that will allow you to save games from your DVR to a hard drive? I hate deleting good FB games. Thanks in advance.

RocketDawg
08-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Don't know about Comcast or Direct, but Dish has the capability of the user purchasing a hard drive and saving programming to it. I have one. It's a pretty simple process to install.

yjnkdawg
08-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know if there is software (legal or illegal) that will allow you to save games from your DVR to a hard drive? I hate deleting good FB games. Thanks in advance.

You can mark through the word legal, unless Directv or Comcast provides the same service as RocketDawg indicated Dish did. Unless Directv or Comcast does this, I highly doubt there would be any software available to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

oldjoedawg
08-07-2017, 12:30 PM

I copy mine from my DVR to a DVD or VHS with a Toshiba device that lets me copy from either 'side'....DVD to VHS or vice versa....No software involved but once in a while there is a game where I am not allowed to copy from VHS to DVD...don't know why

Joe Schmedlap
08-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I can confirm that is is very easy to transfer recordings from a DISH Network HopperDVR to an external hard drive.