PDA

View Full Version : LSU-UGA-AUB

gravedigger
08-06-2017, 07:19 PM
One at home. Next two away.

We could easily be 0-3 in those.
Somehow, I don't think that will happen.

Call me irrational but Auburn seems to be the most difficult of the 3, so I think our defense has the best chance vs LSU's offense or UGA's.

If we lose all three, can we recover?

ATTILLA THE DOG
08-06-2017, 07:31 PM
need atleast 1 of those,2 would be nice but we re?lly need 1 for ?ure

LC Dawg
08-06-2017, 07:36 PM
If we can win one of the three I think we have a good chance at eight wins. If we lose all three then the next two games against BYU and Kentucky at home need to be very solid wins or the season is in trouble imo.

DownwardDawg
08-06-2017, 07:50 PM
The media says auburn will be great every other year, then they suck. Unless I see another QB actually perform, call me skeptical. Also, I still think we beat UGA.

Reason2succeed
08-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Mullen and Co. have to be studying the schedule. Yes, it's one game at time but beating LSU is an absolute necessity this year. It's at home and against Ogre so we have a chance.

Against Georgia Fitz and Grantham should have some added comfort in their stadium and some extra motivation. We have to contain Chubb and Michel and keep Eason from picking our secondary apart.

We have to be better on O than last year. We were terrible last year against them. Keep it competitive until the 4th and try to come away with a tough win on the road.

Dawg496
08-06-2017, 07:56 PM
I think we beat LSU and lose to Auburn. Beat UGA and we could be as good as 10-2. Lose and who knows.

preachermatt83
08-06-2017, 08:02 PM
I think we lose all 3 and still win 8 games. Wins- 4 OOC, plus OM, Kentucky, arky, and aTm

Mobile Bay
08-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Mullen and Co. have to be studying the schedule. Yes, it's one game at time but beating LSU is an absolute necessity this year. It's at home and against Ogre so we have a chance.

Against Georgia Fitz and Grantham should have some added comfort in their stadium and some extra motivation. We have to contain Chubb and Michel and keep Eason from picking our secondary apart.

We have to be better on O than last year. We were terrible last year against them. Keep it competitive until the 4th and try to come away with a tough win on the road.

Fitz > Chubb in running. Look at the stats. He was clearly better last year than everybody else in the SEC except Guice out of LSU. And their numbers were VERY close.

GTHOM
08-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Beat LSU, we have a shot to beat UGA, we lose to auburn

Leeshouldveflanked
08-06-2017, 08:18 PM
LSU is the most winnable.... but we have beat LSU once in the last 20 or so years....

rcsteph1
08-06-2017, 08:27 PM
We have to beat LSU this year. To me every year we come close... That sets the tone of the season. Win LSU and take one of the other two and we can have a successful season. As a fan I would obviously like to be selfish and start 4-0.

IMissJack
08-06-2017, 08:33 PM
After the AU game last year, I would have a tough time believing we could make up that much ground in one year. It wasn't like LSU, BYU and KY, which we legitimately could have won. AU was never close last year.

Reason2succeed
08-06-2017, 08:38 PM
After the AU game last year, I would have a tough time believing we could make up that much ground in one year. It wasn't like LSU, BYU and KY, which we legitimately could have won. AU was never close last year.

That's because we came out totally flat on offense and their DEs (who are now both in the NFL) killed our OL. And Sirmon was our DC. It's not as insurmountable as you think.

DancingRabbit
08-06-2017, 08:39 PM
That's a tough 3-game stretch in anybody's book.

It's hard to win on the road in the SEC most of the time. LSU is our best shot. Yes, they have more stars on their roster, but we've got some talent on ours too.

Ed Orgeron is 0-2 at Davis Wade, so there's that.

rcsteph1
08-06-2017, 08:40 PM
That's because we came out totally flat on offense and their DEs (who are now both in the NFL) killed our OL. And Sirmon was our DC. It's not as insurmountable as you think.

I would like to think that this alone will get us at least Two Wins that we should have had last year.

lamont
08-06-2017, 08:42 PM
We are going to go 0-3 in those games

At 2-3- the key for us will be to rest, get healthy, and get better during that off week. We need to come out of the off week to go 4-0 vs BYU, Kentucky, A&M, and UMass. 6-3 at that point makes the season interesting as we roll into Bama, UPig, and OM

MetEdDawg
08-06-2017, 08:55 PM
The media says auburn will be great every other year, then they suck. Unless I see another QB actually perform, call me skeptical. Also, I still think we beat UGA.

Stidham is the key. If he's legit we aren't beating Auburn. I think the hype around him has been a bit much, but I think the bigger thing is Auburn's depth. They were very young last year. They usually don't have the combo of a good QB and depth. I would lean on the side of this Auburn team being legit, but Auburn is one of those enigmas that is good when they are bad and bad when they are good.

TrapGame
08-06-2017, 09:27 PM
I think our best chance is LSU.

klong-dog
08-06-2017, 09:33 PM
They got the big hoss rb back, right? He's a beast and we were scared to lay a finger on him last year.

preachermatt83
08-06-2017, 09:50 PM
We are going to go 0-3 in those games

At 2-3- the key for us will be to rest, get healthy, and get better during that off week. We need to come out of the off week to go 4-0 vs BYU, Kentucky, A&M, and UMass. 6-3 at that point makes the season interesting as we roll into Bama, UPig, and OM

This

Homedawg
08-06-2017, 10:28 PM
One at home. Next two away.

We could easily be 0-3 in those.
Somehow, I don't think that will happen.

Call me irrational but Auburn seems to be the most difficult of the 3, so I think our defense has the best chance vs LSU's offense or UGA's.

If we lose all three, can we recover?
Define recover? Best case is 8-4 after losing all 3. More than likely 7-5 or 6-6.

Todd4State
08-06-2017, 10:36 PM
If we start out 2-3 I hope it turns out like 2010 when we did about the same thing and then finished with a 9 win season.

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 04:04 AM
Both Malzahn and Ogre are pulling a Mullen this year. Both have a "QB competition"'going on right now even though their entire fanbase has made a decision on last year's starter. That means that their actual starter this year is not getting all of the first team snaps that Fitz is getting. Look for both LSU and Auburn to struggle early at QB. This helps more versus LSU because they have less time to work it out before coming to Starkville than Auburn has to work this out before we go to the Plains.

Dawgface
08-07-2017, 06:22 AM
Best case is 8-4 after losing all 3. More than likely 7-5 or 6-6.

Agree. 7-5 is my prediction and that is being optimistic.

Hasu Dackds
08-07-2017, 09:11 AM

Agree on LSU. They lost a lot of starters and it is at home, we have to win.

Turfdawg67
08-07-2017, 10:38 AM
We will win at least one of those games and possibly two. Everyone gets all googly-eyed for UGA's perennial top 10 talent but they always choke at one point during the season... that will be against us this year.

But, but Eason and that OL was young last year; they will be much improved... yeah and neither played D last year and look what OM did to them. UGA will be good because they DO have talent and mostly because they play in the weak East. If Mullen coached in the East, he'd have at least 2 divisional championships.

TrapGame
08-07-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm telling y'all that Mullen has the Georgia game circled. I'm not saying we win but don't be surprised when we hang with them all four quarters.

BrunswickDawg
08-07-2017, 10:42 AM
This

The preachermatt Kiss of Death! We going 3-0 baby!!

Dental Dawg33
08-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Need 2-3 wins out of LSU, UGA, AU, BAMA, ARKY, ATM