PDA

View Full Version : Parking pass (sticker for golf carts) question

Harrydawg
08-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I am parking pass holder and need to get a sticker for a golf cart.

I was wondering if anyone had requested a sticker yet and what that process is......

Bullsy
08-06-2017, 03:27 PM
I understand you have to have a parking pass for the golf cart just like you do for a regular vehichle. Plus dont forget it has to be street legal

Dawgbite
08-06-2017, 03:50 PM
You don't get a sticker, you have to use your car pass. If you only have one pass then you have to park your vehicle and trailer in a pay lot and then you can drive your cart to your reserved pass lot and park it. It's my understanding that even if you get a street legal cart and register it, the city has an ordinance banning them on city streets. I may be wrong on the city ordinance, seems like if the cart is street legal in the eyes of the state then the city couldn't ban them.

Harrydawg
08-06-2017, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Bullsy;784692]I understand you have to have a parking pass for the golf cart just like you do for a regular vehichle. Plus dont forget it has to be street legal

Yes, correct. I called the BD club office a few weeks back to ask about the process of getting a golf cart sticker (obviously a standard parking pass won't work on an open air cart).....and they didn't quit have that process ironed out yet.

shannondawg
08-06-2017, 04:47 PM
I know some are ticked off about the new rules, but its a minority of cart owners that brought it on. The first game last year lot 18 was full when we got there, there were golf carts in parking spaces, so we had to scrounge around to find a place to park. I'm usually pretty passive about things, but don't make me walk 3/4 of a mile when my parking spot is just a cross the street to the stadium. I called and got the shit stopped in my lot, don't know about other lots.

There's a discussion on Facebook about it now. People saying that the employee's have carts and do nothing. They are on call to go help people that need it or want it to stadium. Its all in the eyes of the beholder.

ababyatemydingo
08-06-2017, 04:51 PM
You don't get a sticker, you have to use your car pass. If you only have one pass then you have to park your vehicle and trailer in a pay lot and then you can drive your cart to your reserved pass lot and park it. It's my understanding that even if you get a street legal cart and register it, the city has an ordinance banning them on city streets. I may be wrong on the city ordinance, seems like if the cart is street legal in the eyes of the state then the city couldn't ban them.

No such thing as a street legal cart in MS. MS will not tag one at this time, therefore you can't insure one.

Harrydawg
08-06-2017, 05:03 PM
My intention for this thread was not to start another cart post......I was just wondering if anyone had gotten a sticker - which the BD club has confirmed would be available to parking pass holders. Now with that said....

Low Speed Vehicles (LSV) are authorized on all public roads in MS (with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less) and can be tagged, I've had one for years and just renewed the MS tag. And I agree that something had to be done to reduce the number of non-street legal vehicles on campus on game day - so enforcing the law (tagged vehicles and insurance) on campus AND requiring parking passes to be able to park in reserved parking places is a good move.

Mimi's Babies
08-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Might check to see where the city limits ends on East Lee....

RocketDawg
08-06-2017, 05:53 PM
My intention for this thread was not to start another cart post......I was just wondering if anyone had gotten a sticker - which the BD club has confirmed would be available to parking pass holders. Now with that said....

Low Speed Vehicles (LSV) are authorized on all public roads in MS (with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less) and can be tagged, I've had one for years and just renewed the MS tag. And I agree that something had to be done to reduce the number of non-street legal vehicles on campus on game day - so enforcing the law (tagged vehicles and insurance) on campus AND requiring parking passes to be able to park in reserved parking places is a good move.

What's the advantage of parking a cart in a lot? Why not just drive the car that you would have had to park somewhere else and use the parking space for the car?

RocketDawg
08-06-2017, 05:58 PM
I know some are ticked off about the new rules, but its a minority of cart owners that brought it on. The first game last year lot 18 was full when we got there, there were golf carts in parking spaces, so we had to scrounge around to find a place to park. I'm usually pretty passive about things, but don't make me walk 3/4 of a mile when my parking spot is just a cross the street to the stadium. I called and got the shit stopped in my lot, don't know about other lots.

There's a discussion on Facebook about it now. People saying that the employee's have carts and do nothing. They are on call to go help people that need it or want it to stadium. Its all in the eyes of the beholder.

You have very good parking. Last time I was on that side of the stadium on a gameday they had press and video vans in that lot, I think. Am I misremembering or did they change things?

Dawgbite
08-06-2017, 06:17 PM
To be registered you have to have headlights, tail lights, turn signals, brake lights, seat belts, windshield, and windshield wipers. If your cart did not come with a title, you have to have it inspected by the MS Highway Patrol just as you would a car with a salvaged title. I have a street legal cart but have never titled it and probably will not simply because I don't have a pass any closer than where I park. As long as they were letting carts park without a pass, it was great but now that it requires a pass it really has no advantage.

craigmid
08-06-2017, 06:56 PM
What's the advantage of parking a cart in a lot? Why not just drive the car that you would have had to park somewhere else and use the parking space for the car?

Exactly. That is the reason I recently sold my cart.
You will not be able to park it at the stadium any more, either.

Mimi's Babies
08-06-2017, 07:13 PM
To be registered you have to have headlights, tail lights, turn signals, brake lights, seat belts, windshield, and windshield wipers. If your cart did not come with a title, you have to have it inspected by the MS Highway Patrol just as you would a car with a salvaged title. I have a street legal cart but have never titled it and probably will not simply because I don't have a pass any closer than where I park. As long as they were letting carts park without a pass, it was great but now that it requires a pass it really has no advantage.

Exactly..... We live close enough to walk except when the 2 year old grand goes... he is heavy...

I had better NOT see one golf cart anywhere near the stadium.... the President and VPs can walk just like us.... They aren't paying for their stuff anyway.... ugh

shannondawg
08-06-2017, 07:14 PM
You have very good parking. Last time I was on that side of the stadium on a gameday they had press and video vans in that lot, I think. Am I misremembering or did they change things?

Lot 18 is the one in front of Barnes & Noble, northside ,its always been a lot there, its where the old Bulldog club use to be. The Vans and press use to be on the southside of Barnes and Noble or was before Barnes & Noble were there. I think the TV trucks are a little to the west now of the fans parking on that lot up closer to BN.

RocketDawg
08-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Lot 18 is the one in front of Barnes & Noble, northside ,its always been a lot there, its where the old Bulldog club use to be. The Vans and press use to be on the southside of Barnes and Noble or was before Barnes & Noble were there. I think the TV trucks are a little to the west now of the fans parking on that lot up closer to BN.

OK, I see. I guess they were a little farther away than I remembered. We used to tailgate in that lot, about the time B&N was built. Had to park elsewhere though ... I think somebody in our tailgate crew must have able to get a parking pass or two there, but it was before passes were so hard to get. Way back when, in the middle 90s, we used to park and tailgate in what is now the Junction. Was Lot 17 then I think, and seems like it was first come, first served then and parking was free. Times have changed in 20 years.

TheRef
08-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Might check to see where the city limits ends on East Lee....

It ends around Campus Bookmart if I remember correctly.

TheRef
08-06-2017, 09:00 PM
The number to call, if you're on campus, and need a golf cart ride to or from the stadium is (662) 325-9114 (Parking Assistance Center). These carts are either 4 or 6 seaters. With this in mind, the carts are NOT supposed to pick up from anywhere except the stadium and a specific parking lot. If you call PAC (the number earlier) they will dispatch a cart to your location over the radio that every cart driver has. These should be EOG personnel driving the carts. They'll pick you up and take you to any 4 corners of the stadium at no cost.

With all of this in mind, PLEASE be patient with the golf cart drivers and personnel. The closer you get to game time, the higher the concentration of calls they will receive. Also, please keep in mind that these carts are usually for those who cannot make it to the stadium without assistance, or have a hard time making it. If you are perfectly willing to walk to the stadium, please do it. Gotta help fellow Bulldogs out this season.

Belegal
08-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Seems to me allowing street legal carts to park by stadium would help the parking problem. What problem does that cause? Especially since they are out of parking places!

TheRef
08-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Seems to me allowing street legal carts to park by stadium would help the parking problem. What problem does that cause? Especially since they are out of parking places!

Only places you could park a golf cart by the stadium are the NE and SE corners of the stadium. With this in mind, you'll have a problem with traffic flow to and from the stadium due to the fact that Barr and B.S. Hood are closed on gameday. That means you have one way in, and one way out. To add that onto the pedestrian traffic before and after games, it's a safety concern

https://image.prntscr.com/image/uBS1gRVvSbOCZLxOZWv-BA.png

Belegal
08-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Been doing it for years & never had a problem - don't understand why parking there now is suddenly a problem-

Belegal
08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Told also that I can't park in the outfield @ Duty for baseball- this is just ridiculous!!! Been doing it for years- what are we doing???

TheRef
08-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Been doing it for years & never had a problem - don't understand why parking there now is suddenly a problem-

I believe it is more of an issue of preventative measures to prevent a disaster from happening. Because what's the first question that's always asked in a situation where a golf cart hits, runs over, or (God forbid) kills or injures someone? "Did we know about this risk, and what could we have done to prevent it?" That opens the driver AND the University up for a lawsuit. Mitigating that risk and the threat for risk is one of the things that the University can do. Add in the fact that parking by the stadium was always a cluster17. I saw carts parked crossways and diagonally preventing other carts from leaving. Now this is just my observations and should only be taken as such. I'm not in the business, but from when I was there and I was in that situation of having to figure it out that's what I observed. Take that for what it's worth.

TheRef
08-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Told also that I can't park in the outfield @ Duty for baseball- this is just ridiculous!!! Been doing it for years- what are we doing???

Now this question I have no earthly idea why this is the case. That would be something to call the athletic office about.

Belegal
08-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Ref- i was told I had to park in a parking space- not where we have always parked our carts

TheRef
08-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Ref- i was told I had to park in a parking space- not where we have always parked our carts

Baseball or Football?

Belegal
08-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Both football & baseball - legal golf carts could help the parking problem- I may cutback on my baseball tickets from 4 to 2-got bill yesterday for $2000- since I can't park in outfield

Homedawg
08-06-2017, 10:06 PM
No such thing as a street legal cart in MS. MS will not tag one at this time, therefore you can't insure one.

Hmm funny that I have a friend that got a tag. Maybe it's a county thing. Multiple friends in fact.