PDA

View Full Version : A certain website that shall not be linked predicts our season

starkvegasdawg
08-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Says we'll go 7-5 (3-5) and finish 5th in the west. One item of note is that while they said they didn't consider us a threat to win the west this year but you better watch out next year.

For those curious the name of the site has a weekend day and a geographic location in its name.

WSOPdawg
08-06-2017, 02:31 PM
SDS' unfavorable slants against us in '14 and '15 (the Dak years) lost my support. I know they've probably added new writers and all, but 17 that sh!tbird website!!!

BulldogDX55
08-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Sounds about right.

DancingRabbit
08-06-2017, 03:43 PM
That's about what I'm thinking at the moment. Fair shot at 8-4 (4-4) if a few questions are answered in a good way.

Bully13
08-06-2017, 04:08 PM
We all know we've got 6 very winnable games. last year was the 1st where we didn't win games we should have under Mullen for the most part. I don't see a reason that should repeat based on his overall stint here. the question is how many of the other 6 can we pull off. LSU, AU, UGA, Bama, UPIG & A&M. We will need to keep Fitz healthy and the new DC will have to be a big difference maker in order for us to get 2 more from the tough 6.

lamont
08-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Says we'll go 7-5 (3-5) and finish 5th in the west. One item of note is that while they said they didn't consider us a threat to win the west this year but you better watch out next year.

For those curious the name of the site has a weekend day and a geographic location in its name.

I agree with that 100%. Watch out if we are able to get that 8th win tho this season. Next year's team is going to be very good

MetEdDawg
08-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I know UGA is on the road, but I think they are overrated. I don't think a win in that game is as much of a stretch as folks think. They are pretty good but I don't think they are special. Winnable game.

rcsteph1
08-06-2017, 06:56 PM
I know UGA is on the road, but I think they are overrated. I don't think a win in that game is as much of a stretch as folks think. They are pretty good but I don't think they are special. Winnable game.

I've been thinking the same. I actually marked that game on the schedule and thought this would be the one away game I would make it to this year. If the defense gets rolling, We win.

TrapGame
08-06-2017, 07:32 PM

By most insiders around here Dan was hot for the UGA job. He will coach his ass off in this game. This will be the You Should Have Hired Me game for Mullen.

lamont
08-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Georgia won more games than us last year
Georgia has more starters returning than us
Georgia had a top 3 recruiting class
Georgia had a true freshman QB who threw for more yards, had a higher completion percentage, and a better TD/Interception ratio than our QB

It amazes me that people think we can win this game on the road

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Georgia is the East

Dolphus Raymond
08-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Georgia is the East

This.
I do not think we will win, but in no way do I believe it is an automatic L. Tough game but winnable.

rcsteph1
08-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Georgia had a true freshman QB who threw for more yards, had a higher completion percentage, and a better TD/Interception ratio than our QB

I think we can win every game on the schedule. That's part of being a fan. Also why I donate to the cause. Im also realistic. We will have to play perfect on both sides of the ball to go into Sanford Stadium and come away with the W. I do however think that Georgia is beatable.

MetEdDawg
08-06-2017, 08:58 PM

They also scored 28 or fewer points 9 times. Anyone that can't consistently score more than 28 is beatable buy us in my opinion unless they have an insane defense like Bama or LSU. They were pretty good with a freshman QB, but I still don't see them being a 10-2 team. 8-4 or 9-3 is probably what they end up and their defense isn't all world. We can score points on them. They lost to Vanderbilt and Ole Miss last year and should have lost to Auburn. And to be honest they should have lost to Nicholls State too. But of their 4 losses, 3 came at home. Not sure why our offense and a better defense isn't good enough to push them really hard and have a chance to win.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-06-2017, 09:25 PM
This.
I do not think we will win, but in no way do I believe it is an automatic L. Tough game but winnable.

This.

Not calling a win but a definite loss is just dumb.

UGA losses last year:

Ole Miss by 4TDs+
Vanderbilt
Florida by 14
Tennessee
Ga Tech

BB30
08-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Agree with most of that. But, QB comparison is rather slanted.

Eason
2,430 yds 16 tds 8 int
-45 rushing yds

Fitz
2423 yds 21tds 10 int
1375 rushing yards

Out of those two you can't tell me you would take Eason.... Fitz had almost double the production.

Hasu Dackds
08-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Agreed, this Georgia team is about to go 10-2 or better.

Turfdawg67
08-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Agreed, this Georgia team is about to go 10-2 or better.

Yeah, they probably will because the East sucks! With all that top 10 talent on both sides of the ball they should be 11-1 or 12-0. But they'll find a way to lose a couple...

Let them play Bama, LSU, Auburn, UPig, TA&M, OM EVERY year and see how many loses they'd have. Hell, GT routinely beats them and they only get the players UGA doesn't want.

TrapGame
08-07-2017, 10:50 AM
That article has us losing to A&M, UGA and Arky but beating LSU.

If we can muster a good win over LSU then we will beat UGA, Arky or A&M (my bet's on beating A&M at this point).