PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Dee Arrington didn't play against AU?

HancockCountyDog
09-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Its possible he did and I missed it, but according to the stats he didn't play.

I thought he was one of the most improved players against OSU.

bocfarm
09-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Had to of been a suspension or nagging injury bc he was def one of the better if not best defensive players in game 1

Homedawg
09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Had to of been a suspension or nagging injury bc he was def one of the better if not best defensive players in game 1

He played ok. But he botched the option 3 different times. But he supposedly has a hurt hamstring.

engie
09-18-2013, 11:02 AM
He's hurt. Questionable for Troy just like Whitley... Jamerson Love and Taveze Calhoun also questionable...

This Troy game is a disaster waiting to happen with all the DB injuries...

msstate7
09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
He's hurt. Questionable for Troy just like Whitley... Jamerson Love and Taveze Calhoun also questionable...

Ark st blized them relentlessly in 2nd half and gave them trouble. We need to bring the heat.

HancockCountyDog
09-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Damn, with no Hughes and Im hearing Calhoun is out, thrown in Whitley and Arrington who already weren't the best in coverage, and I agree we will probably give us some points, but I just don't see how they stop us offensively if Dak plays.

I doubt Troy stacks the box and forces us to beat us deep, so we should be able to get 6-7 ypc any time we want.

engie
09-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that I think we lose to them at all... Just that I think it's a recipe for them to put up retarded numbers again -- and our perception(rightly or wrongly) to take another hit...

HancockCountyDog
09-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that I think we lose to them at all... Just that I think it's a recipe for them to put up retarded numbers again -- and our perception(rightly or wrongly) to take another hit...

My concern is that we will play extremely conservative to protect our secondary, and so far our front four has shown very little in the way of getting pressure without help, and if that happens, Troy will move the ball, but most likely will have red zone problems.

PMDawg
09-18-2013, 03:18 PM
i'm predicting a loss. The weather will suck (favors the underdog), we have a lot of injuries with many at key positions, they run an offense that we have not defended well during the DM era....it's just all falling into place for a typical MSU debacle.

Yeah, I'm going to get called out and called names for this post, but I don't like the way things are shaping up. Sue me.

bocfarm
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
If we lose as a 14-15 point fav...then DM should be gone after the season, its not going to happen, Troy sucks.

Jack Lambert
09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
i'm predicting a loss. The weather will suck (favors the underdog), we have a lot of injuries with many at key positions, they run an offense that we have not defended well during the DM era....it's just all falling into place for a typical MSU debacle.

Yeah, I'm going to get called out and called names for this post, but I don't like the way things are shaping up. Sue me.

You should be called names for that picture.

MarketingBully01
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Yep, figures with the chicken little attitude our fans have...

SignalToNoise
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM

I've pretty much lost faith in the coaching staff at this point but I'm still not worried about Troy. I'm we'll let them hang around for far too long but I feel like we'll get the W.

Coach 57
09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
If the weather sucks it favors the team that runs the ball the best which will be us. I HOPE IT POURS! I HOPE IT RAINS LIKE NEVER BEFORE! It will hurt the passing game!

Bothrops
09-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Troy is bound to be deficient against us on defense, and if it's raining Sat, it favors us because a wet ball will help neutralize their passing attack. Plus, we have too many tailbacks for them to handle and all of them are healthy. We out muscle them and get after their qb with our tall and long DEs. No excuses, Dan..no excuses

DownwardDawg
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Yep, figures with the chicken little attitude our fans have...

Our fans don't have chicken little attitudes. Our fans are tired of sucking. We suck. I'm not predicting a loss but I certainly understand those that do. They have history on their side. Troy will give us trouble.

Maroon Diapers
09-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Ark st blized them relentlessly in 2nd half and gave them trouble. We need to bring the heat.

This. My how I miss the early Joe Lee Dunn blitzing days. This 3 down lineman and drop back into coverage is for the birds.

MarketingBully01
09-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I wanted to add that a pass happy team in the rain does not work. It raining actually will favor us. Being able to run and dominate the line of scrimmage will be paramount in this game. We win 38-14.

MarketingBully01
09-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Ah yes, the same poster that says Ole Miss will beat Auburn by several touchdowns. Good to see you come to his defense.

PMDawg
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
You should be called names for that picture.

It's Ed Ogreron at his finest.