PDA

View Full Version : If Ole Miss is using taxpayer money

Leeshouldveflanked
08-06-2017, 07:42 AM
If Ole Miss is using one penny of Mississippi Taxpayer money to defend/stall on these NCAA/Nutt/RR Lawsuits then everyone's favorite Democraf AG Jim Hood, that majority of MSU people thinks walks in water, needs to step in and do his job and demand Ole Miss must fully disclose all documents, phone records, etc or it needs to be elevated to the Federal level......

Hasu Dackds
08-06-2017, 07:57 AM
I'm madder about this than anything. They are about to export however million dollars directly to Arkansas. As if Mississippi can really afford to lose any sum of money at all.

Saltydog
08-06-2017, 08:00 AM
should get involved but we all know that's not going to happen.

BrunswickDawg
08-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Pride - it's a helluva sin.

yjnkdawg
08-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Well one think about all this. Now OM will probably definitely be lobbying the IHL and Legislature for more funding next year. ***

Why don't the ones listed in the NOA, who caused the problems be responsible for the legal bills?

Coursesuper
08-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Well one think about all this. Now OM will probably definitely be lobbying the IHL and Legislature for more funding next year. ***

Why don't the ones listed in the NOA, who caused the problems be responsible for the legal bills?

Because those are just the front men for the organization, the men calling the shots wont get that close to it.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-06-2017, 12:04 PM
The Taxpayers of Mississippi vs. RR, Cannon Motors, Gateway Tire , et al.....
This would be a deterent for any boosters in the future for both Ole Miss and MSU who want to do some heppin'

RougeDawg
08-06-2017, 12:23 PM
If Ole Miss is using one penny of Mississippi Taxpayer money to defend/stall on these NCAA/Nutt/RR Lawsuits then everyone's favorite Democraf AG Jim Hood, that majority of MSU people thinks walks in water, needs to step in and do his job and demand Ole Miss must fully disclose all documents, phone records, etc or it needs to be elevated to the Federal level......

Please put a list of posters who like Fraud Hood. I'd like to know the imbeciles who have been duped by yet another "Hugh Freeze" politician from OM.

Reason2Suceed, another example of a hack OM democrat lawyer, with zero ethics or morals. The evidence is there for those who wish to see it. Main problem is 99% of democrats ignore or don't want to see that which will blow their prior thinking out of the water.

Disclaimer: republicans are Now the light blue team as well. No more red and blue. There's blue and light blue.

Mimi's Babies
08-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Was told in June the amount for the attorneys was at that time 3.7 Million dollars and climbing...

IHL can be forced to produce the bills that are being paid..... FOI

Mimi's Babies
08-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Please put a list of posters who like Fraud Hood. I'd like to know the imbeciles who have been duped by yet another "Hugh Freeze" politician from OM.

Reason2Suceed, another example of a hack OM democrat lawyer, with zero ethics or morals. The evidence is there for those who wish to see it. Main problem is 99% of democrats ignore or don't want to see that which will blow their prior thinking out of the water.

Disclaimer: republicans are Now the light blue team as well. No more red and blue. There's blue and light blue.

I reported Federal Fraud to the fraudulent hood.... did he do anything ..... still waiting on a returned call from his office 8 years later.

Howboutdemdogs
08-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Ole Piss has a set budget every year and it is approved by the State. Their allotted draw from the State will not change, so the money will have to come from private donations, a slush fund, or pulled from other programs at the school.

Think about, they are giving up the bowl money and now the court expenses. Something will not be financed or have a loss in budgeted money at the school, unless the boosters "Pony" up.

RocketDawg
08-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Ole Piss has a set budget every year and it is approved by the State. Their allotted draw from the State will not change, so the money will have to come from private donations, a slush fund, or pulled from other programs at the school.

Think about, they are giving up the bowl money and now the court expenses. Something will not be financed or have a loss in budgeted money at the school, unless the boosters "Pony" up.

Wouldn't it have to come out of the sports budget?

Spiderman
08-06-2017, 04:04 PM

???

I, and the prosecutors, who wrote the book "King of Torts" think he should have had a cell next to Scruggs.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Scruggs is like family to Jim Hood.... that's why fhe Feds had to step in.

Mimi's Babies
08-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Officers, Executive Committee, Board of Directors: https://www.olemissalumni.com/board-of-directors/
https://umfoundation.com/home/board.php Foundation Board of Directors
IHL Directors: http://www.mississippi.edu/board/
http://www.mississippi.edu/board/downloads/boardbooks/1706.pdf

Line items #3-10 are very interesting.... on page 5
32. UM – Approval of BGR Governmental Affairs as Federal Lobbying Consultant............page 31 (anyone want to guess who owns this lobbing firm)

Check these legal fees out ..... for those of who laughed.... and this is not the attorney fees attached to the crap at OM.....
Partners $265 to 295 per hour
Associates $175 to $225 per hour
Paralegals $95 to $110 per hour
Clerks $50.00 per hour
Research and copy charges At cost
Hired by OM.....

Reason2succeed
08-06-2017, 07:36 PM

Thank you for pointing out something that has nothing to do with the conversation. God forbid I respond in kind and get a two week ban though. By the way, how do you know people's political party? Do you follow them into the voting booth?

TimberBeast
08-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Thank you for pointing out something that has nothing to do with the conversation. God forbid I respond in kind and get a two week ban though. By the way, how do you know people's political party? Do you follow them into the voting booth?

It doesn't take a lot of your posts to realize how you vote.

Homedawg
08-06-2017, 10:25 PM

As much as I hate ole miss, this isn't tax payer dollars paying this, its private foundation money, just like 95%of theirs or our money that pays for every athletic endeavor. You can continue to bitch if you like but we would do the same thing. That's just reality. But I see you have full thread going of people wound up much about nothing

DancingRabbit
08-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I presume Vitter is paid at least partially from state funds. Every time he has to stop what he's doing to tape a new hostage video it's costing the state. **

sandwolf
08-07-2017, 01:01 AM
As much as I hate ole miss, this isn't tax payer dollars paying this, its private foundation money, just like 95%of theirs or our money that pays for every athletic endeavor. You can continue to bitch if you like but we would do the same thing. That's just reality. But I see you have full thread going of people wound up much about nothingPipe down with your sane, sensible posts Homedawg. Can't you see that Mimi is on the verge of uncovering a host of federal crimes that have been committed by the OM athletic department?

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Pipe down with your sane, sensible posts Homedawg. Can't you see that Mimi is on the verge of uncovering a host of federal crimes that have been committed by the OM athletic department?

How many of you really thought that we would be where we are today? HF was forced to resign because of a booty call uncovered by a lawsuit from none other than the Right Rev. himself. OM is on its second NOA with 21 level 1 violations with NCAA boots on the ground threatening a third. Those of us who actually believe that OM is not above the law and will be held accountable to the rules may actually be right this time. By now I would put anything past what type of damage the NCAA, Houston Nutt, or the FBI does to OM and I wouldn't put anything past how far the OM administration will go to try to avoid it.

And please don't try to act like all of OM's big money boys and the crooks in Jackson are all democrats. That makes you seem even more naive than those who are still supporting this Russian colluding president. I guarantee you most of them are diehard conservatives and you know it.

Mimi's Babies
08-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Pipe down with your sane, sensible posts Homedawg. Can't you see that Mimi is on the verge of uncovering a host of federal crimes that have been committed by the OM athletic department?

If you only knew.....

Ari Gold
08-07-2017, 07:52 AM

**** that.. who knows how corrupt that ****ing place is.
Apparently from I have been told the athletic department for coaches and players was like a revolving door of ass daily. And these werent your pros.
I'm sure the boosters and fathers of the "young ladies " are very proud

sandwolf
08-07-2017, 12:39 PM
HF was forced to resign because of a booty call uncovered by a lawsuit from none other than the Right Rev. himself.

I definitely never saw that coming. I expected him to get a show cause and get fired after this season, but I never saw it ending like it did.

Those of us who actually believe that OM is not above the law and will be held accountable to the rules may actually be right this time. By now I would put anything past what type of damage the NCAA, Houston Nutt, or the FBI does to OM and I wouldn't put anything past how far the OM administration will go to try to avoid it.

I have never thought OM was above the law, I have always thought that the NCAA will hammer them, and I have no doubt that OM will use every trick in the book to avoid being held accountable. And that has been the opinion of most everyone who's not an OM fan.

But none of that is in any way related to my comment, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

And please don't try to act like all of OM's big money boys and the crooks in Jackson are all democrats. That makes you seem even more naive than those who are still supporting this Russian colluding president. I guarantee you most of them are diehard conservatives and you know it.

I'm just going to assume that this was directed at someone else and ignore it.

sandwolf
08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
**** that.. who knows how corrupt that ****ing place is.
Apparently from I have been told the athletic department for coaches and players was like a revolving door of ass daily. And these werent your pros.

What? What does any of that have to do with the fact that OM isn't using a bunch of tax payer money to fund all of the legal fees associated with their NCAA defense?

QuadrupleOption
08-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Officers, Executive Committee, Board of Directors: https://www.olemissalumni.com/board-of-directors/
https://umfoundation.com/home/board.php Foundation Board of Directors
IHL Directors: http://www.mississippi.edu/board/
http://www.mississippi.edu/board/downloads/boardbooks/1706.pdf

Line items #3-10 are very interesting.... on page 5
32. UM – Approval of BGR Governmental Affairs as Federal Lobbying Consultant............page 31 (anyone want to guess who owns this lobbing firm)

Check these legal fees out ..... for those of who laughed.... and this is not the attorney fees attached to the crap at OM.....
Partners $265 to 295 per hour
Associates $175 to $225 per hour
Paralegals $95 to $110 per hour
Clerks $50.00 per hour
Research and copy charges At cost
Hired by OM.....

I don't blame the law firm for billing their hourly rates. If I owned a law firm and Ole Miss wanted me to represent them in their quixotic quest to dodge the NCAA hammer, I'd advise them that it probably wouldn't work but I'd sure as Hell take the money if they wanted to pay me.

I only blame the 'leadership' at that institution that has whored themselves out for wins at the expense of acting like grown-ass adults. Pathetic.

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 12:57 PM
I definitely never saw that coming. I expected him to get a show cause and get fired after this season, but I never saw it ending like it did.

I have never thought OM was above the law, I have always thought that the NCAA will hammer them, and I have no doubt that OM will use every trick in the book to avoid being held accountable. And that has been the opinion of most everyone who's not an OM fan.

But none of that is in any way related to my comment, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I'm just going to assume that this was directed at someone else and ignore it.

The last comment was directed at Rouge.

A lot of MSU fans act like the NCAA is afraid to drop the hammer too heavy and that the SEC will never get sick of OM's crap but I call BS. Literally it comes down to whether the NCAA wants to continue to exist with a modicum of control of amateur athletics or whether they are going to let OM punk them and flaunt it in their face. The smart folks at the NCAA will realize they need to send a message.

The biggest proof is that they keep on investigating. They could have continued to ignore everything but as soon as they sent investigators back for a second and third time I knew that OM would be hammered. We are talking about how much OM is wasting on this but think about how much the NCAA has likely invested into the crusade. Do we really think that OM is going to walk with the same penalties as USC who got caught with much less?

sandwolf
08-07-2017, 01:03 PM
If you only knew.....

I know, I know....

https://media.giphy.com/media/A7bHHiMN2K5qg/giphy.gif

sandwolf
08-07-2017, 01:09 PM

A lot of MSU fans act like the NCAA is afraid to drop the hammer too heavy and that the SEC will never get sick of OM's crap but I call BS. Literally it comes down to whether the NCAA wants to continue to exist with a modicum of control of amateur athletics or whether they are going to let OM punk them and flaunt it in their face. The smart folks at the NCAA will realize they need to send a message.

The biggest proof is that they keep on investigating. They could have continued to ignore everything but as soon as they sent investigators back for a second and third time I knew that OM would be hammered. We are talking about how much OM is wasting on this but think about how much the NCAA has likely invested into the crusade. Do we really think that OM is going to walk with the same penalties as USC who got caught with much less?

Literally none of this is in any way related to my original post or to the topic being discussed in this thread.

Reason2succeed
08-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Literally none of this is in any way related to my original post or to the topic being discussed in this thread.

I'm just responding to your reply to my last statement. If that annoys you then...

WSOPdawg
08-07-2017, 06:25 PM

Agree 100%, Reason. Because the NCAA could NEVER get to the finish line and wrap this up, they gotta be thinking "how stupid, ignorant and apathetic" regarding the rules can TCUN be and will be merciless when it comes time to administer penalties.

And it's how TCUN responds (i.e., knowing their guilt is absolute, will they accept the penalties or try to burn other SEC programs to the ground???) that will determine the SEC fate going forward.

Mutt the Hoople
08-07-2017, 07:41 PM

The fathers are probably the ones that pimped them out.

bobtail bob
08-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Put me in that number that was pushing to know if any public funds were used in their ongoing shit show. If the cigarette money is paying it as stated above,well more cowbell, keep spending.

msujan
08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=yjnkdawg;784622]Well one think about all this. Now OM will probably definitely be lobbying the IHL and Legislature for more funding next year. ***

Before I retired, I was on Staff Council at MSU. We went to the quarterly meeting held at UNM, where Chancellor Turner met us for lunch in his conference room, which had a large view of campus. He pointed out some of the newest buildings on campus funded by the legislature. One, he said, was going to be a great building when they could afford to furnish it. He said you could stand at one end and roll a bowling ball all the way through, but during the furniture funding period it would be completely empty. This was during the period when the legislature's funding algorithm gave schools like the W, Valley, and, yes, Ole Miss, funds based upon EMPTY building square footage. In other words, they got a new building and got paid to leave it empty! This was the same meeting where he gave us a glowing description of the Grove and told us about the many alums that wanted to be buried there, mouths open, so the spilled whiskey on game days would slide right into their mouths. True story! He also shared how he courted the previous chancellor's daughter, married her, and was groomed by his FIL to take over the position. An "arrangement".

sandwolf
08-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Why would empty building square footage result in more funding? What was the mindset behind that?

MadDawg
08-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Why would empty building square footage result in more funding? What was the mindset behind that?

It's the gubment, man, why the hell are you bringing reason into this?

msujan
08-09-2017, 06:56 PM

It was the legislature's way of giving more money to those they favored. The W had empty buildings after a tornado, I believe, and Valley had buildings that needed repairs they couldn't afford. And UNM had an empty building they didn't ask for, per Turner, nor could afford to furnish. They may have had more than 1; he bragged on this one so I knew about it. All 8 major universities in the state were represented at that meeting, and seven of us were stunned by the words coming out of his mouth: unsolicited funding, alcohol in the Grove, nepotism at its finest, etc.

barfly
08-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Hood,Scruggs,mmoore=siamese triplets

How to know when Jim hood is lying--when his mullet and mouth move at or near the same time
at