PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis

coachnorm
08-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Something surprising about TD. Terrell Davis could not win a starting position as tailback at Lincoln High School in San Diego. He was the starters fullback on offense and nose tackle on defense. Now Terrell Davis is going into the NFL HOF as an I formation tailback, go figure? Terrell Davis was called "Boss Hog" by his team mates because of his iso blocking rooting out defenders. I thought I would share this story with fellow Elite Doggers.

msstate7
08-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Love TD. I love mike shanahan's rushing attack those years with the broncos

BrunswickDawg
08-05-2017, 08:38 PM
And he never rushed for more than 900 yards in a season at UGA. Constantly overshadowed by Garrison Hearst and Hines Ward. Only Ray Goff could take a team with a QB who would be the all time passing leader in school and SEC history (at that time) and a future NFL HOF running back and go 5-6.

WSOPdawg
08-05-2017, 08:46 PM
TD was definitely a better pro than an amateur, and I enjoyed watching him during his hey-day.

Todd4State
08-05-2017, 11:21 PM
I think it shows how important it is for a football player to "fit" the scheme of whatever team he plays for to maximize their potential.

TUSK
08-06-2017, 01:58 AM
And he never rushed for more than 900 yards in a season at UGA. Constantly overshadowed by Garrison Hearst and Hines Ward. Only Ray Goff could take a team with a QB who would be the all time passing leader in school and SEC history (at that time) and a future NFL HOF running back and go 5-6.

Dude, Les Miles coulda gone 4-7 with Goff's talent... in his sleep...

You give Ray way too much credit...

Mutt the Hoople
08-06-2017, 09:20 AM
TD's first coach was George Allen. However, Allen died before TD could play for him. He was horribly utilized at Georgia. TD only had four good years in the NFL, but those four years were as good as anyones. Also, they were saying that in 9 postseason games, he rushed for at least 100 yards in EIGHT of them.

If it wasn't for TD, John Elway would simply be known as the all-time Super Bowl losing QB. I bet John Elway campaigned for TD every year from the day he retired.