PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary look at Gameday weather

TheRef
09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
People of EliteDawgs, I come bearing sad news. From what I could tell from the models (which is basically what I'm having to rely on this far out), it's not going to be a question of if it will rain, but how long it will rain. We may or may not have a rainy kickoff. Everything right now is up in the air. I'm leaning towards rain at kickoff, but I will be able to refine it more tomorrow and have a good forecast Friday. So stay tuned, everyone.

slickdawg
09-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Yep, it's looking pretty wet for Saturday.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
From what I was reading on the forecast discussion it was saying the euro model was coming in more conservative than the American but was still saying a possible 3-4". GFS was evidently off the chart. At least early runs are saying no severe, thus, no tornadoes.

I have not seen Troy play. Which team benefits from playing in a driving rain? Thought I read wind could be 20 mph. Not that it would affect our kicking game in any way.

FISHDAWG
09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
ha - we are gonna have to use our RB's now !

TheRef
09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I was looking at it and there could be a threat of lightning Saturday evening so we may have some lightning delays. I want to go conservative on this, but I'm not sure if I can if this continues. All of the models are struggling with the amount and timing. Granted, we are three days out so we're just on the line of being ridiculous on trying to determine what's going to happen. Like I said, I'm saying that we will have rain throughout the day on Saturday so wet tailgate, wet game, just all around WET. I don't know if I would go as far as 3-4". ECMWF usually is a good barometer but I'm not sure if I would rely on it with something this complicated. Truthfully, I'm not sure if I would trust any model right now on rainfall totals. I wouldn't really touch that until Friday.

BHildreth3
09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
I figured that we would have rain. I make 1-2 games a year and it always rains. Can't ****ing wait! - Oh and i love how on Sunday the sun comes out. #$@#$@#

Barking 13
09-18-2013, 11:52 AM
ha - we are gonna have to use our RB's now !

Nope, TR will be 3 for 37, with 4 picks...lol