PDA

View Full Version : ? for Random and others that are tuned in to the ncaa deal with OM

Bodaski
08-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Can the NCAA demand to know who released the names of Leo and Kobe from OM. Also, is this another violation of breaking rules by revealing student athletes names released by the ncaa to OM with the student athlete's name being redacted. Those kids names were redacted for a reason and the ncaa did their part by redacting the SA's name. Those names were not made public until OM received the documents. This has got to be addressed and I wish you guys could contact your sources and get them to inquire about this. Thanks, and I've certainly enjoyed the on point info concerning this case and how ya'll have been relentless on keeping us updated.

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure how you go about proving who released the name, but it can be used against them to rule an allegation "aggravated"

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 02:14 PM
OM could be punished due to FERPA Law violations....

JDog13
08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Rumblings among the circle are that a few suits will be filed on a couple people in Ocksfurd for this.

Pollodawg
08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Speaking of people in the know on this deal, is there no Boneyard today?

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 02:24 PM

Is Steve waiting on something to drop from tsun??????

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 02:27 PM

https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/893553356022665216

Boneyard on the way....

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Can the NCAA demand to know who released the names of Leo and Kobe from OM. Also, is this another violation of breaking rules by revealing student athletes names released by the ncaa to OM with the student athlete's name being redacted. Those kids names were redacted for a reason and the ncaa did their part by redacting the SA's name. Those names were not made public until OM received the documents. This has got to be addressed and I wish you guys could contact your sources and get them to inquire about this. Thanks, and I've certainly enjoyed the on point info concerning this case and how ya'll have been relentless on keeping us updated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Leo & Kobe had even semi-competent legal representation, a FERPA violation suit should have been slapped on Northern Miss by now. The worst that could happen is the court decides there isn't a claim and tosses it. It should have been done weeks ago, but certainly should have been done after the BearSharks requested Leo be interviewed by the COI. I'm quickly coming to the opinion that the representation provided to Leo & Kobe, and by extension MSU, is hot garbage.

Lance Harbor
08-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Their representation will probably only go that route if forced to. Let sleeping dogs lie type of situation.

ababyatemydingo
08-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Leo & Kobe had even semi-competent legal representation, a FERPA violation suit should have been slapped on Northern Miss by now. The worst that could happen is the court decides there isn't a claim and tosses it. It should have been done weeks ago, but certainly should have been done after the BearSharks requested Leo be interviewed by the COI. I'm quickly coming to the opinion that the representation provided to Leo & Kobe, and by extension MSU, is hot garbage.

Yeah, ur a moron. Both of their attorneys (especially Kobe's) are two of the best civil litigators in the state of MS. They know what they're doing. Good thing you aren't their attorney.

MSUDawg99
08-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Just because we're not hearing about it doesn't mean things aren't getting done. Some fanbases know how to keep their business to themselves & not "diarrhea of the mouth" all of their business all over social media via their dumbass bloggers.

Willy Lump Lump
08-04-2017, 03:59 PM
FERPA does not confer a private right of action. This means that a person cannot enforce its provisions through a lawsuit like you suggest. There are several circuit court opinions and a SCOTUS opinion that speak directly to this point. The only person that can enforce the provisions of FERPA is the Secretary of Education pursuant to 20 U.S.C. 1232g(f).

sandwolf
08-04-2017, 04:01 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xnoIXebk3xYx4Q/giphy.gif

LockeDawg
08-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Just because we're not hearing about it doesn't mean things aren't getting done. Some fanbases know how to keep their business to themselves & not "diarrhea of the mouth" all of their business all over social media via their dumbass bloggers.

+1

MSU has done a fantastic job of staying the F out of this shitstorm, and for that I am very happy. Stay above the fray and let your enemies destroy themselves from the inside. At the end of the day, they can point fingers all over the place but they'll have no one to blame but themselves. That Administration is rotten to the core, and the rot didn't originate from anything MSU/Mullen/Alabama/Saban or Rosebowl did to them.

AFDawg
08-04-2017, 04:05 PM
FERPA does not confer a private right of action. This means that a person cannot enforce its provisions through a lawsuit like you suggest. There are several circuit court opinions and a SCOTUS opinion that speak directly to this point. The only person that can enforce the provisions of FERPA is the Secretary of Education pursuant to 20 U.S.C. 1232g(f).

^ Look, someone who is at least semi-competent.

Martianlander
08-04-2017, 04:09 PM
When your enemy is destroying himself don't get in the way.
Napoleon

Commercecomet24
08-04-2017, 04:14 PM

This guy gets it! Excellent!

State82
08-04-2017, 04:57 PM
I'm quickly coming to the opinion that the representation provided to Leo & Kobe, and by extension MSU, is hot garbage.

Seriously?? You seriously came to that conclusion with an incorrect legal assumption of your own?

fader2103
08-04-2017, 05:05 PM
I thought more stuff was supposed to drop this week. Is it still coming ?

yjnkdawg
08-04-2017, 05:50 PM
DELETE

Maroons
08-04-2017, 06:03 PM

Your opinion is wrong.