PDA

View Full Version : Let me explain Hill's arrest

BeastMan
08-04-2017, 12:41 PM
A lot of folks are very confused concerning the law and why he got arrested so let me clear up a few things.

Why was he arrested for a traffic ticket?
It's actually par for the course to get arrested for RD. Outside of DUI, it's the worst traffic ticket you can get. Don't believe me? Ask any cop or insurance guy you know. WD will kill your car insurance.

What is Reckless Driving?
It's usually 2 traffic violations occurring at the same time showing severe disregard for safety. An example would be running a traffic light while speeding or going the wrong way down a 1-way & failure to stop at a stop sign or failuring to signal lane change while speeding. Y'all get my drift. You can also get it for excessive speeding like going 110 in a 65.

I still don't get why he was arrested and booked for a ticket...
Any misdemeanor ticket is an arrestable offense in MS. A police office is within his legal rights to cuff you and book you for 50 in a 45. Any misdemeanor situation it is up to the officer's discretion to cuff/book or give a ticket which is essentially a court summons. Different jurisdictions are ran differently, usually by lead of the chief/sheriff. The same way you could get booked for 5 over speeding, you could get a ticket for a half ounce of pot.

Is this a big deal?
Truthfully, wreckless driving is a pretty serious traffic offense but it's a traffic offense. If he's never been in trouble he'll likely get it downgraded to careless driving (much less serious) or get it totally tossed with some driving school or community service. He should miss no practice time or games. Chalk it up to growing up in the public eye. Best of luck kid. Lay low and make headlines for touchdowns, not arrest.

BeastMan
08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Being reported he was clocked at 120

mstatefan91
08-04-2017, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking defensive driving and a whole lot of sprints

Apoplectic
08-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Is it worthy of top of the fold coverage?

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 12:54 PM
A lot of folks are very confused concerning the law and why he got arrested so let me clear up a few things.

Why was he arrested for a traffic ticket?
It's actually par for the course to get arrested for WD. Outside of DUI, it's the worst traffic ticket you can get. Don't believe me? Ask any cop or insurance guy you know. WD will kill your car insurance.

What is Wreckless Driving?
It's usually 2 traffic violations occurring at the same time showing severe disregard for safety. An example would be running a traffic light while speeding or going the wrong way down a 1-way & failure to stop at a stop sign or failuring to signal lane change while speeding. Y'all get my drift. You can also get it for excessive speeding like going 110 in a 65.

I still don't get why he was arrested and booked for a ticket...
Any misdemeanor ticket is an arrestable offense in MS. A police office is within his legal rights to cuff you and book you for 50 in a 45. Any misdemeanor situation it is up to the officer's discretion to cuff/book or give a ticket which is essentially a court summons. Different jurisdictions are ran differently, usually by lead of the chief/sheriff. The same way you could get booked for 5 over speeding, you could get a ticket for a half ounce of pot.

Is this a big deal?
Truthfully, wreckless driving is a pretty serious traffic offense but it's a traffic offense. If he's never been in trouble he'll likely get it downgraded to careless driving (much less serious) or get it totally tossed with some driving school or community service. He should miss no practice time or games. Chalk it up to growing up in the public eye. Best of luck kid. Lay low and make headlines for touchdowns, not arrest.

I believe you can also get a wreckless driving for even touching the line while speeding. Speeding being of the 50 in a 45 variety. A police officer can almost give out that ticket on any traffic stop if they are a big enough dickhead. We are talking about the same police force that popped Dak for a DUI right before the draft even though he passed all the tests which caused it to be dropped later.

StatesboroBlues
08-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Just a heads up if you want to explain it elsewhere...use RD and reckless driving.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 12:55 PM

That is definitely wreckless and also something I did several times in my younger and dumber days. It will be interesting to see how Dan handles it since Saban just let his guy off with a warning for being popped with a DUI.

fader2103
08-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Reckless Driving is Any person who drives any vehicle in such a manner as to indicate either a willful or a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving. Reckless driving shall be considered a greater offense than careless driving. MS code 63-3-1201.

If he was clocked at 120, then I would have taken him to jail. Any traffic offense in the state is subject to arrest.

StatesboroBlues
08-04-2017, 12:57 PM
I believe you can also get a wreckless driving for even touching the line while speeding. Speeding being of the 50 in a 45 variety. A police officer can almost give out that ticket on any traffic stop if they are a big enough dickhead. We are talking about the same police force that popped Dak for a DUI right before the draft even though he passed all the tests which caused it to be dropped later.

Didn't the MHP give this ticket? Having said that...120 is reckless.

mstatefan91
08-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Had a buddy of mine get a wreckless driving ticket for accelerating too quickly out of a parking lot. The officer said he saw his tires spin. Never happened (I was in the truck with him)

BeastMan
08-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Is it worthy of top of the fold coverage?

Nope but it's summer

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Didn't the MHP give this ticket? Having said that...120 is reckless.

I agree, 120 mph is something that should get a big wake up call. I have done it in my younger days just being stupid and even hit 100 on a motorcycle (which is a whole different level of dumbass). Only time I have went that fast now is in case of emergency.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Had a buddy of mine get a wreckless driving ticket for accelerating too quickly out of a parking lot. The officer said he saw his tires spin. Never happened (I was in the truck with him)

That sounds like a quota ticket. My buddy quit the police force in a Northwest town in MS due to that type of bullshit.

StatesboroBlues
08-04-2017, 01:06 PM
I agree, 120 mph is something that should get a big wake up call. I have done it in my younger days just being stupid and even hit 100 on a motorcycle (which is a whole different level of dumbass). Only time I have went that fast now is in case of emergency.

I am not wired that way...I never would go that fast and sure would not ride with anyone at that speed. Love fast rides and such but 85 is about my limit.

My only time was in an emergency...

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2017, 01:06 PM
What is wreckless driving? Isn't everyday without an accident "wreck-less"?

Wreckless be the opposite of reckless, homophones R fun.

mstatefan91
08-04-2017, 01:08 PM

lol it is reckless driving..

fader2103
08-04-2017, 01:11 PM

I was waiting for someone to say this...I almost did but let it go.

Outside Dawg
08-04-2017, 01:12 PM
When i was at state, 17 years ago, I got a ticket going 26 over on hwy 45. Cop told me he could take me in for reckless driving. Instead he gave me an $86 ticket. I was very lucky that it was such an inexpensive lesson learned.

MedDawg
08-04-2017, 01:20 PM
or going the wrong way down a 1-way & failure to stop at a stop sign

Well that's not fair. The stop sign is facing the other direction!

GTHOM
08-04-2017, 01:31 PM
When i was at state, 17 years ago, I got a ticket going 26 over on hwy 45. Cop told me he could take me in for reckless driving. Instead he gave me an $86 ticket. I was very lucky that it was such an inexpensive lesson learned.

WTF I've paid 200 plus dollar tickets in Brandon and Ridgeland and wasnt close to 26 over

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:31 PM

I have had the same conversation. Most people don't think about speeding ticket being the best option there.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
WTF I've paid 200 plus dollar tickets in Brandon and Ridgeland and wasnt close to 26 over

Depends on city limits and other issues. I also got a ticket for doing about 80 in a 55 on old highway 25 in Winston county about 20 years ago. The ticket was around $80 at the time so price of inflation?

LC Dawg
08-04-2017, 01:37 PM

If he was going 120 and he didn't have a wreck I guess he was reckless and wreckless.

mstatefan91
08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Depends on city limits and other issues. I also got a ticket for doing about 80 in a 55 on old highway 25 in Winston county about 20 years ago. The ticket was around $80 at the time so price of inflation?

Key words: 20 years ago

notsofarawaydawg
08-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Not possible in a Cannon Motors vehicle. ***

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Key words: 20 years ago

Yep, thanks for reminding me that I just turned 40.

FISHDAWG
08-04-2017, 02:30 PM

I have that beat ... clocked at 140 but I was southbound and he was northbound and the median was to wet to cross. I would be willing to bet that most on this board have driven recklessly at one time or another

ETA - most cars these days have a safety chip that kicks in at either a 100 or 110 mph ... if he was doing 120 then the chip was removed which voids the warranty

Corn Bread
08-04-2017, 02:34 PM
I have that beat ... clocked at 140 but I was southbound and he was northbound and the median was to wet to cross. I would be willing to bet that most on this board have driven recklessly at one time or another

He was on a mission trip to Oxford to deliver donated cleaning supplies for the Bears.

mstatefan91
08-04-2017, 02:38 PM

ETA - most cars these days have a safety chip that kicks in at either a 100 or 110 mph ... if he was doing 120 then the chip was removed which voids the warranty
I would imagine that some sports vehicles still come without the chip off the factory line.. not sure if that's the case here obviously

Doggie_Style
08-04-2017, 02:41 PM
It's being reported that Hill will not face disciplinary action from the team....he practiced today

Dawg61
08-04-2017, 03:16 PM
If he was going 120 and he didn't have a wreck I guess he was reckless and wreckless.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0NhZ0aUSE8fXag12/giphy.gif

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2017, 03:33 PM
But did he say Beep! Beep!?