08-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Fitting.

Commercecomet24
08-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Wow!

Dolphus Raymond
08-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Extremely fitting. Link?
(Here I am requesting a link, yet I do not know how to attach a link.)

JoseBrown
08-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Extremely fitting. Link?
(Here I am requesting a link, yet I do not know how to attach a link.)

Fitting.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2017, 08:23 PM
It was a Ben Garrett tweet.

Dawgowar
08-03-2017, 08:30 PM
That would put the penalties being announced between Thanksgiving and week after SECCG. Think also before December signing day.

Spiderman
08-03-2017, 08:33 PM
That would put the penalties being announced between Thanksgiving and week after SECCG. Think also before December signing day.

The 94 sanctions were released right before the Egg Bowl.

We wasted that opportunity so bad in 95

LC Dawg
08-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Maybe they'll announce the penalties on December 7. NCAA bombs Ole Miss same day as Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

msstate7
08-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Really sucks it's not 8-11. There'd be a bunch of transfers if it was this month.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Really sucks it's not 8-11. There'd be a bunch of transfers if it was this month.

How many that excepted illegal benefits will not be allowed to transfer or could be kicked out of OM?

Guilt by association?????

Todd4State
08-03-2017, 10:51 PM
The 94 sanctions were released right before the Egg Bowl.

We wasted that opportunity so bad in 95

No doubt. We picked the worst time to go 3-8 with a loss to Northeast Louisiana and then a loss to Ole Miss. We go 6-5 even with an Egg Bowl win...who knows?

The other thing that hurt is we were being investigated shortly thereafter. It wasn't nearly as bad as Ole Miss though and most people don't remember it. I don't think we even had a bowl ban and certainly did not have to forfeit or vacate games.

Todd4State
08-03-2017, 10:53 PM

In fairness, it works out better for the players. Really difficult to transfer to another team in August that has been having camp for a couple of weeks and not know the playbook or terminology coming in.

At least if it plays out the way it appears and assuming Ole Miss is actually being honest and correct this time their players will have a chance to transfer in January and go through the spring and fall camps with their new teams.

Dawgpile
08-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Coincidence or irony? I always get those confused...

Hrdawg82
08-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Maybe they'll announce the penalties on December 7. NCAA bombs Ole Miss same day as Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

I didnt realize the Germans bombed Perl Harbor ***

Doggie_Style
08-04-2017, 07:56 AM
I didnt realize the Germans bombed Perl Harbor ***

....that's because you didn't stay in college for the full 'seven years'

StatesboroBlues
08-04-2017, 08:43 AM
I am thinking the time from COI meeting to penalties is 4-8 weeks.

Never mind...the time frame above is correct. It is 8-12 weeks.

Reason2succeed
08-04-2017, 09:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4kZmJmD.gif

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2017, 10:19 AM
I am thinking the time from COI meeting to penalties is 4-8 weeks.

Never mind...the time frame above is correct. It is 8-12 weeks.

I just read 6-8 weeks. So anywhere from late October - Christmas is the timeframe they're looking at.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2017, 10:51 AM
I just read 6-8 weeks. So anywhere from late October - Christmas is the timeframe they're looking at.

From the NCAA website:

What is the time frame for handing down a decision after a hearing?

It typically takes between six to eight weeks to write the report and announce penalties, although complications occasionally lengthen the process.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Maybe the Friday morning after the Egg Bowl.... After all it will be BLACK FRIDAY.....

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2017, 11:04 AM
My question...if penalties get handed down during the season and it is the death penalty...are they allowed to finish the season?

MSUDawg99
08-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Interesting. Their bye week falls on 9/23. Thought that's what they were shooting for.

MSUDawg99
08-04-2017, 11:25 AM
9/11 is a Mon. That's the week they play at Cal. Interesting.

Johnson85
08-04-2017, 12:15 PM
From the NCAA website:

What is the time frame for handing down a decision after a hearing?

It typically takes between six to eight weeks to write the report and announce penalties, although complications occasionally lengthen the process.

Guess it's too much to hope they manage to drag it out until after February so that sanctions don't start until the 2019 signing class.

What would be funny is if UM contests anything, for the COI to basically reschedule something for March. Not sure if that's how it works, but if I were the NCAA, after UM lied about the NOA originally right before signing day, I'd love to respond by managing to make them go through an additional signing period before the penalties started.

Reason2succeed
08-04-2017, 05:35 PM
My question...if penalties get handed down during the season and it is the death penalty...are they allowed to finish the season?

They would definitively be allowed to finish the current season. Once the season was over all the players would be allowed to transfer with no penalty and the coaches could go find new jobs pending their show cause hearings.

OM could immediately begin the search process for a coach to rebuilding their program the right way once the DP was over.

The SEC would give directives on what SEC teams would need to do to fill the empty date on the schedule. It would probably be adding another cross division game where possible.

OM would be responsible for paying the penalty for the OOC contracts they will have broken.

For all the inconvenience the SEC would consider removing them from the conference but probably wouldn't out of consideration for the other sports at OM.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 05:47 PM
They would definitively be allowed to finish the current season. Once the season was over all the players would be allowed to transfer with no penalty and the coaches could go find new jobs pending their show cause hearings.

OM could immediately begin the search process for a coach to rebuilding their program the right way once the DP was over.

The SEC would give directives on what SEC teams would need to do to fill the empty date on the schedule. It would probably be adding another cross division game where possible.

OM would be responsible for paying the penalty for the OOC contracts they will have broken.

For all the inconvenience the SEC would consider removing them from the conference but probably wouldn't out of consideration for the other sports at OM.

What about the students who excepted illegal benefits? What happens to them????