PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss says Hugh Freeze now can redact all phone records before public release

DancingRabbit
08-03-2017, 07:22 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/08/03/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-says-coach-can-redact-all-records-before-release/538351001/

mstatefan91
08-03-2017, 07:24 PM
That's not gonna fly. They're going to come out one way or another.

Every time I think OM has learned their lesson and are ready to come clean and start over, they prove me dead ass wrong to their own detriment. They deserve the ass 17'ing that's coming.

Dawgowar
08-03-2017, 07:26 PM
That statement is legalezeese for "Hey Nutt lawyer, dare you to do something about.....oh shit"

Gutter Cobreh
08-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Leroy Jenkins
It's a stall... when the university investigated the matter it became subject to FOIA, if it wasn't before.

Commercecomet24
They're just delaying the inevitable. By the time Mars and his team get through with them there may not be anything but a smoking crater left in oxford.

gravedigger
08-03-2017, 07:36 PM
They're just delaying the inevitable. By the time Mars and his team get through with them there may not be anything but a smoking crater left in oxford.

What is so idiotic is that this will all amount to punishments AFTER the NCAA sanctions come out. Why do this? Are they that worried now that the NCAA is going to hammer them harder? At this point, it's just another embarrassment. It has the potential to kickstart another investigation.

Their lack of pragmatism is mind boggling. Forget arrogance and hubris. Yea, we know they can't accept their feces have no odor. But SOMEONE must be doing the math here.

How can they have no say?

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 07:38 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/08/03/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-says-coach-can-redact-all-records-before-release/538351001/

Huge Freeze has NO say any more.... He has been TERMINATED......

Mjoelner34
08-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Who is paying for this????? Ole Miss already told Mars that it would cost $25,000 for them to review the records. AG Hood, where the 17 are you? Is this a mis-use of state funds my tax dollars?

Commercecomet24
08-03-2017, 07:51 PM
What is so idiotic is that this will all amount to punishments AFTER the NCAA sanctions come out. Why do this? Are they that worried now that the NCAA is going to hammer them harder? At this point, it's just another embarrassment. It has the potential to kickstart another investigation.

Their lack of pragmatism is mind boggling. Forget arrogance and hubris. Yea, we know they can't accept their feces have no odor. But SOMEONE must be doing the math here.

How can they have no say?

Nail on head! Everytime I think they can't be any dumber they go and make it worse. It's amazing, they absolutely think they're still gonna get away with all this! They're just totally giving the finger to the NCAA and everyone involved! They're making smu look like angels! It's going to end badly for the bears and there's no one to blame but themselves!

Bucky Dog
08-03-2017, 07:54 PM
What is contradictory to me is the university says they are expecting Freeze and his lawyer to review all calls and redact personal calls for his entire time as head coach and that they should receive that redacted copy soon. But during the Freeze is fired press conference Bjork said when he saw the one call he and the school reviewed ALL of his calls already and approached Freeze about the pattern! So did Freeze willingly give the school all of his records to begin with without consulting his lawyer? Did the school already have access to his records the the foundation and confront Freeze?? What a bunch of idiots!!

So if somehow Freeze was fired after Bjork illegally got ahold of his phone records and fired him because of personal habits, then Freeze might be suing the shit our of them from wrongful termination. But OM may have the out with the morality clause, but who knows who likes who and who is suing who? I give up with that clown show in Oxford.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Mars yawns.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/7/18/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-7339-1374156681-28.gif

yjnkdawg
08-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Who is paying for this????? Ole Miss already told Mars that it would cost $25,000 for them to review the records. AG Hood, where the 17 are you? Is this a mis-use of state funds my tax dollars?

$25,000 is not a reasonable fee for revewing or researching records concerning a public record's request. BS and more stall tatics. OM will realize later if not sooner, that Tom Mars is not Billy Bob The Lawyer.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 08:02 PM
What is contradictory to me is the university says they are expecting Freeze and his lawyer to review all calls and redact personal calls for his entire time as head coach and that they should receive that redacted copy soon. But during the Freeze is fired press conference Bjork said when he saw the one call he and the school reviewed ALL of his calls already and approached Freeze about the pattern! So did Freeze willingly give the school all of his records to begin with without consulting his lawyer? Did the school already have access to his records the the foundation and confront Freeze?? What a bunch of idiots!!

So if somehow Freeze was fired after Bjork illegally got ahold of his phone records and fired him because of personal habits, then Freeze might be suing the shit our of them from wrongful termination. But OM may have the out with the morality clause, but who knows who likes who and who is suing who? I give up with that clown show in Oxford.

The school has ALL of the records in question.... They have to have had in order to locate a so called "PATTERN"....
IF Freeze made one call on that phone ALL records become records of OM..... He made a business call on a "so-called" private phone..... game on, OM.

This so called "PATTERN of ILLEGAL BENEFITS" is going to cost the tax payers of MS nearly $100,000,000.00, in legal fees, before this is over.... I hope I am wrong but sure don't look like it at this point... js

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 08:06 PM
$25,000 is not a reasonable fee for revewing or researching records concerning a public record's request. BS and more stall tatics. OM will realize later if not sooner, that Tom Mars is not Billy Bob The Lawyer.

Since most of these attorneys in this state graduated from OM. Maybe an investigation needs to be completed concerning the law school there.... Remember Mississippi was voted the #1 State in the Nation for Corruption... NOW, we understand WHY..... It is run by OM grads... look at where your senators and state representatives graduated from....

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2017, 08:07 PM
They've got to delay releasing more info till school starts so players won't transfer

Hasu Dackds
08-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Just another attempt by Ole Miss to cover up for the recruiting scandal.

?We told them a long time ago we?re getting a lot of requests for these, you better start identifying your personal calls," Tyner said.
Who do they really think they are fooling? They are simply trying to frame Hugh Freeze and distance themselves. 'Personal' calls, what a load of crap.

yjnkdawg
08-03-2017, 08:21 PM
I think OM is going to look like Whataburger and the CL before this all over. Blown out of the water by the Big Guys.

Dawg61
08-03-2017, 08:34 PM

Yea especially if the only person reviewing the records before they send them is Freeze

Maroons
08-03-2017, 09:17 PM
The school has ALL of the records in question.... They have to have had in order to locate a so called "PATTERN"....
IF Freeze made one call on that phone ALL records become records of OM..... He made a business call on a "so-called" private phone..... game on, OM.

This so called "PATTERN of ILLEGAL BENEFITS" is going to cost the tax payers of MS nearly $100,000,000.00, in legal fees, before this is over.... I hope I am wrong but sure don't look like it at this point... js

$100 million... please explain your math.

Bothrops
08-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Ole Miss is a criminal institution. This is another step to take before falling off the ledge.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 09:56 PM
$100 million... please explain your math.

$295.00 per hour for all of the attorneys involved..... Then there will be others that will be 'paid off'...

The legal bill is climbing by the minute..... 40 hours = $11,800.00 per attorney, then you have the jr. attorneys, legal assistants, copiers, investigators, legal fees for filings to the court. etc..... you can basicly say that the state of MS is paying about $20,000.00 a week for OM legal fees..... and this will get higher as the lawsuits go on... Plus they will have to pay Mr. Nutt and his legal fees.....

msstatelp1
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Great quote from Mars:

"There can be no doubt, especially when it comes to athletics, that Ole Miss holds the SEC record for sure for being the most notorious flagrant violator of their state's open record laws.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Great quote from Mars:

WOW!!!!!! The TRUTH will set you FREE.....

msstate7
08-03-2017, 10:05 PM
$295.00 per hour for all of the attorneys involved..... Then there will be others that will be 'paid off'...

The legal bill is climbing by the minute..... 40 hours = $11,800.00 per attorney, then you have the jr. attorneys, legal assistants, copiers, investigators, legal fees for filings to the court. etc..... you can basicly say that the state of MS is paying about $20,000.00 a week for OM legal fees..... and this will get higher as the lawsuits go on... Plus they will have to pay Mr. Nutt and his legal fees.....

Yeah, 100,000,000 is a stretch though. At $295 an hour, it would take 338,983 hours to equal $100,000,000. 338,983 hours is 14,124 days. 14,124 days is over 38.5 years

LC Dawg
08-03-2017, 10:06 PM
I wonder how long it takes Ole Miss to figure out they can't feed USA Today the same bullshit they feed USA Today's little sister the Clarion-Ledger?

Dawg61
08-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Yeah, 100,000,000 is a stretch though. At $295 an hour, it would take 338,983 hours to equal $100,000,000. 338,983 hours is 14,124 days. 14,124 days is over 38.5 years

Or Mars asking for 4,000 copies of the phone records

msstate7
08-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Or Mars asking for 4,000 copies of the phone records

Haha... that's true

1bigdawg
08-03-2017, 11:37 PM
I think OM is going to look like Whataburger and the CL before this all over. Blown out of the water by the Big Guys.

I hope you are not criticizing Whataburger.**

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 07:28 AM

You would be surprised to see how those hours will add up....
When you add in all the EXTRAS, that goes along, with the lead attorney fees (as I said lead attorney fee)... There are way more than just one lead attorney. This mess will get very costly very quick... There are several attorneys on this board -- most do not make $295.00 per hour for sure.... They know about BILLABLE HOURS.... (That is how the ambulance chasers get so rich.) A process server could make $120.00 each service, to serve legal documents to each group.....

Back up and look... Someone has been OM's "outside legal representation" for 5 years already.... OM inside attorneys are paper shufflers. They are a front person to hire an outside attorney and the inside attorneys actually answer to the Attorney General. All outside firms are also approved by IHL for hire.

By the time this mess is completed it will be more costly than many of us will imagine.... All Because OM REFUSED to say 3 very simple words... I AM SORRY, to Mr. Nutt..... Psst... don't leave out that OM is going to have to pay Mr. Mar's legal fees before this is over also.... :rolleyes:

Have you asked an attorney what they charge to create a Will for you... Nearly $1,000.00.... Total BS.... but that is OM lawyers for you..

Dawgology
08-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Told y'all this was their game plan. You could see it coming from a mile away.

BB30
08-04-2017, 08:31 AM

Yea, don't think it will be 100 mil but, it will be much more than it should have or could have been if they had just come clean from the start. Especially when it is going to come out regardless.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Told y'all this was their game plan. You could see it coming from a mile away.

So their angle now is since Hugh isn't an employee anymore that he can redact whatever he deems personal? It is like a 5 year old trying to change the rules to fit whatever situation they are in.

FISHDAWG
08-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Must be a sanctuary university ... no cooperation with fed law **

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 09:21 AM
So their angle now is since Hugh isn't an employee anymore that he can redact whatever he deems personal? It is like a 5 year old trying to change the rules to fit whatever situation they are in.

I will just drop this one here: http://www.mcfoi.org/handbook/public.html
MS Public Records....

Dawgology
08-04-2017, 09:44 AM

They are saying that since it's a private entity paying for the phone then the only calls that fall under open records are work related calls all personal calls can be redacted.

Howboutdemdogs
08-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Let's look at this from another angle....maybe the delays and stall tactics is being created by their lawyers simple for the billing hours. The longer it drags on, the more money they can sap out of TCUN and the State of Mississippi.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
They are saying that since it's a private entity paying for the phone then the only calls that fall under open records are work related calls all personal calls can be redacted.

And who determines what is a personal call? He could literally say every call was a personal call. He would have to be the biggest moron in the state of MS not to mark any incriminating phone call as personal.

Dawg50
08-04-2017, 01:05 PM
They've got to delay releasing more info till school starts so players won't transfer

Bingo. They want 1 more year withy these players before they transfer, so Stall and delay

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Bingo. They want 1 more year withy these players before they transfer, so Stall and delay

I guess it is all about ROI. If the rumors on how much Little cost then I would want more than 1 year also.

yjnkdawg
08-04-2017, 02:04 PM
I hope you are not criticizing Whataburger.**

LOL........... He is the epitome of excellence in sports journalism. He should start his own school of Sports Journalism****

yjnkdawg
08-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Yea especially if the only person reviewing the records before they send them is Freeze

Exactly

yjnkdawg
08-04-2017, 02:16 PM

The taxpayers of MS should not be responsible for paying for this crap. If OM had operated in a manner like they should have, their legal fees should have been limited to researching and putting together iinformation for the NCAA and the COI hearing. I don't see how these legal fees should be the responsibility of the taxpayers either.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 02:34 PM
The taxpayers of MS should not be responsible for paying for this crap. If OM had operated in a manner like they should have, their legal fees should have been limited to researching and putting together information for the NCAA and the COI hearing. I don't see how these legal fees should be the responsibility of the taxpayers either.

I understand that there are more lawsuits to be filed... and very soon.... #39 and #40's names should have never been released. What about the ACT Test Fraud, Pell grant fraud, FERPA Law violations, burner phones, federal racketeering... this mess is spinning out of control, just like a tornado, will the tornado be listed as an F-5 before this is over????

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 02:44 PM
LOL........... He is the epitome of excellence in sports journalism. He should start his own school of Sports Journalism****

Ole Miss already has a degree in Public Relations, I guess he could create an emphasis in sports. He is pretty good with the spin.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 03:32 PM
The taxpayers of MS should not be responsible for paying for this crap. If OM had operated in a manner like they should have, their legal fees should have been limited to researching and putting together iinformation for the NCAA and the COI hearing. I don't see how these legal fees should be the responsibility of the taxpayers either.

Listen to this -- this crap is about to cost the tax payers of MS -- bjork on with Matt Wyatt.
https://www.facebook.com/supertalk/videos/vb.130538703630838/1796963000321725/?type=2&theater

yjnkdawg
08-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Listen to this -- this crap is about to cost the tax payers of MS -- bjork on with Matt Wyatt.
https://www.facebook.com/supertalk/videos/vb.130538703630838/1796963000321725/?type=2&theater

The Puppet speaks and was well versed too say the least. I bet if they had a time machine, that "one call" would have been long gone. The difference between Om and MSU and USM, if private paid phones are issued is that redacted would not be a key word in MSU and USM's vocabulary. And to turn the phone records over to Freeze and his attorney and basically to do what they want to do with redactions and no oversight? I think there is a new Sheriff in town and OM is trying to run in quicksand and they are getting deeper and deeper in it. I would venture to say that Ole Miss probably makes more redactions than all the other State Agencies combined.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2017, 05:26 PM
The Puppet speaks and was well versed too say the least. I bet if they had a time machine, that "one call" would have been long gone. The difference between Om and MSU and USM, if private paid phones are issued is that redacted would not be a key word in MSU and USM's vocabulary. And to turn the phone records over to Freeze and his attorney and basically to do what they want to do with redactions and no oversight? I think there is a new Sheriff in town and OM is trying to run in quicksand and they are getting deeper and deeper in it. I would venture to say that Ole Miss probably makes more redactions than all the other State Agencies combined.

Redacting burner phone numbers.... jeez.... keep it up folks and the truth will eventually come out....