PDA

View Full Version : New Deadspin Freezus/om article

lefty96
08-03-2017, 08:58 AM
http://deadspin.com/why-was-a-private-corporation-paying-for-hugh-freezes-c-1797485406

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 09:09 AM
OM is SCREWED!!!!

lefty96
08-03-2017, 09:11 AM
OM is SCREWED!!!!

If i was them, I would just announce everything now. This is going to be a death by a thousand cuts with some real embarrassment along the way. If you just do it all now, it is out of the news until the ncaa rules and then you are done. Just dumb to me.

Cooterpoot
08-03-2017, 09:18 AM
If all that was in those records was Ole Freeze Daddy banging some whores, they'd release them.

smootness
08-03-2017, 09:19 AM
I'm telling you, Deadspin getting on this is their worst nightmare. If there is something there, Deadspin will find it. Even if they settle with Nutt and that goes away, Deadspin will keep digging.

msstate7
08-03-2017, 09:21 AM
I'm telling you, Deadspin getting on this is their worst nightmare. If there is something there, Deadspin will find it. Even if they settle with Nutt and that goes away, Deadspin will keep digging.

Esp if articles like this get hits. Everyone give it a hit

msstatelp1
08-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Very true but I don't think Nutt is going away. I really think Mars has made this a personal vendetta to teach OM a lesson in lawyering and won't stop til he's burned them down.

smootness
08-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Esp if articles like this get hits. Everyone give it a hit

From my experience with Deadspin, I think they'll keep digging either way. Because they know that if they find something truly explosive, they will get all the clicks they could ever want. They've spent money and sent writers digging on seemingly nothing stories because they thought there was something there to find.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 09:30 AM
FYI-- Read the paragraph where ole jolly explains that they are getting SO many request for those records.... Paragraph #2...

lefty96
08-03-2017, 09:31 AM
FYI-- Read the paragraph where ole jolly explains that they are getting SO many request for those records.... Paragraph #2...

This! Everyone and their grandmother wants to be the one to break this.

TrapGame
08-03-2017, 09:42 AM
If all that was in those records was Ole Freeze Daddy banging some whores, they'd release them.

He's already been outed as a whoremonger might as well pile on, right?

Those phone calls create a map of the Network. And once those calls are traced a pattern of wide spread institutionally authorized cheating will be revealed.

They will be dead as a football program for the better part of a generation.

Rick Danko
08-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Very true but I don't think Nutt is going away. I really think Mars has made this a personal vendetta to teach OM a lesson in lawyering and won't stop til he's burned them down.

How long must we wait before OleHottyToddy writes an article on Mars being on a witch hunt because he was rejected on his application to attend OM lawschool. You know damn good and well, that will be the next company line they spit out before long.

Pollodawg
08-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Their law school is getting it handed to them. They have taken an absolute beat down.

TrapGame
08-03-2017, 09:55 AM
How long must we wait before OleHottyToddy writes an article on Mars being on a witch hunt because he was rejected on his application to attend OM lawschool. You know damn good and well, that will be the next company line they spit out before long.

Yancy will say he was never on their radar and that's why he never got an offer.*

AlSwearengen
08-03-2017, 10:09 AM
This is going to be good. The only way I see the information coming out is if someone is able to get access to the records straight from the phone company. Ole miss will die before they let that stuff out from their end. They know it will open a whole new can of worms with the NCAA and another investigation, this time directly connecting the decision makers to the corruption. Didn't think I would ever see this happen.

Reason2succeed
08-03-2017, 10:30 AM
OM thought they were up against Tom Mars
http://www.walmartnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/thomas-a_129839205210309363-731x1024.jpg

But before this over they will feel like they are up against the Roman god of war Mars http://www.greek-mythology-pantheon.com/wp-content/uploads/Greek_Gods_and_Goddesses/Ares_Mars_Greek_God/Ares_Mars_Greek_God_Art_06_by_SteveArgyle.jpg

Dawgology
08-03-2017, 10:45 AM
They will redact the hell out of it all before they hand it over....which is exactly what they were buying time for. According to the Deadpsin article since it's not paid for by the State of MS they can redact anything they deem "personal" calls. I would imagine freeze will have many MANY personal calls on that phone before it's all over.

TUSK
08-03-2017, 03:21 PM
How long must we wait before OleHottyToddy writes an article on Mars being on a witch hunt because he was rejected... to attend OM lawschool. You know damn good and well, that will be the next company line they spit out before long.

does not compute.

Bully13
08-03-2017, 04:05 PM
They will redact the hell out of it all before they hand it over....which is exactly what they were buying time for. According to the Deadpsin article since it's not paid for by the State of MS they can redact anything they deem "personal" calls. I would imagine freeze will have many MANY personal calls on that phone before it's all over.

I don't see the point in requesting them if OM can redact any call they want. I expect them to go over them with a fine toothed comb prior to sending them and it will show nothing. the only way they get popped is if a court allows the complete record from the provider.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Through Discovery the attorneys should receive a COMPLETE copy... Nothing should be redacted. True and Official document....

msstate7
08-03-2017, 04:40 PM

That could be a dangerous strategy for who makes that decision. If all the damaging calls are redacted and then later the bad comes out, it will be considered a cover up. Can't imagine anyone involved in a cover up would keep their job

Bully13
08-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Through Discovery the attorneys should receive a COMPLETE copy... Nothing should be redacted. True and Official document....

But OM is saying since they were paid for by a private organization, they can redact the "personal" calls. that's what this will all boil down to is to whether or not Mars' new guy can get the court to force the turnover of the complete phone records.

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 04:51 PM
But OM is saying since they were paid for by a private organization, they can redact the "personal" calls. that's what this will all boil down to is to whether or not Mars' new guy can get the court to force the turnover of the complete phone records.

Just listened to this:https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/mississippi-state-football-podcast-steve-robertson-talks-recruiting-linebackers-phone-records
19:12 minutes.... Rosebowl -- goes into this....

In the article I found this interesting: (paragraph 6)
A few days after the initial press conference, the Student Press Law Center ran a blog outlining how there wasn’t any clear exemption to be found in Mississippi law allowing these redactions.

There is no statutory exemption for “personal information” in Mississippi law. The statute contains some narrowly targeted exclusions that allow for withholding especially sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, but nothing that categorically places “personal” information off-limits.

FISHDAWG
08-03-2017, 05:33 PM

if the ethics commision ruled they had to show the boosters names then surely the NCAA can demand these phone records ... the Athletic Foundation is just a bunch of glorified boosters anyway

Mimi's Babies
08-03-2017, 07:47 PM
if the ethics commision ruled they had to show the boosters names then surely the NCAA can demand these phone records ... the Athletic Foundation is just a bunch of glorified boosters anyway

Ath. Foundation is glorified EMPLOYEES paid by the state of MS and OM.... Paid state retirement, benefits, salary etc... IF Freeze or anyone else made one call to anyone on that phone it becomes public.....

maroonmania
08-03-2017, 09:53 PM
This! Everyone and their grandmother who is not a Mississippi newspaper wants to be the one to break this.

FIFY

maroonmania
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM
That could be a dangerous strategy for who makes that decision. If all the damaging calls are redacted and then later the bad comes out, it will be considered a cover up. Can't imagine anyone involved in a cover up would keep their job

Considered a coverup? Its 100% a coverup. If things are uncovered now many will lose their job now, if its found to be a coverup later many will lose their job later. Folks in charge of this at the Plantation would rather take their chances on possibly losing their jobs later than losing their jobs now.