PDA

View Full Version : Gerri Green

RBritt
09-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Is it true that Pastor Hugh is actively trying to "flip" him?

smootness
09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, I would assume so. If not, he isn't doing his job. Likewise with use and CJ Hampton, Markell Pack, etc.

msstate7
09-18-2013, 08:04 AM

Freeze just concerned for his soul

HancockCountyDog
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM

Green is in good hands.

Coach34
09-18-2013, 09:01 AM

Why wouldnt he? He may just end up being the best player in this class 4 years from now

engie
09-18-2013, 09:20 AM
I've been told from people on the OM side that Green was Freeze's #1 target from MS this year -- even ahead of Rod Taylor.

Freeze wants him as a DE though -- while we are recruiting him as a hybrid LB...

hailmari
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
He should be for their sake. We better be trying the same with some of their guys.

Radddawg
09-18-2013, 05:37 PM
I've been told from people on the OM side that Green was Freeze's #1 target from MS this year -- even ahead of Rod Taylor.

Freeze wants him as a DE though -- while we are recruiting him as a hybrid LB...

I have black bear friends that say by the MS/AL allstar game they will flip Green if they want him...Saying his senior year recruitment will play out like Kailo's.. I trust our coaches.. Mullen and co. will hold onto GG.

Todd4State
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I have black bear friends that say by the MS/AL allstar game they will flip Green if they want him...Saying his senior year recruitment will play out like Kailo's.. I trust our coaches.. Mullen and co. will hold onto GG.

That actually wouldn't play anything out like Kalio's. If they wanted to do that, they would have him flip on Christmas.

engie
09-18-2013, 05:59 PM

BS... Kailo was a "surprise" commit when he came to us. Green has been MSU's for as long as any of us knew who he was...

Saltydog
09-18-2013, 06:08 PM
our approach........

EMDawg
09-18-2013, 06:13 PM

I saw Taylor play 2 weeks ago and I was not impressed at all. Not sure how he is the #1 player in the state. He got pushed around by a 6 foot 300# freshman from provine all night.

Homedawg
09-18-2013, 06:19 PM
The guy that I'm worried about is Jackson. It will go to the wire with him. He might commit before then, but we will be nervous until the end. If he doesn't commit early, well we will be nervous until the end.

FISHDAWG
09-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I saw Taylor play 2 weeks ago and I was not impressed at all. Not sure how he is the #1 player in the state. He got pushed around by a 6 foot 300# freshman from provine all night.

send that freshman a swag letter now !

HancockCountyDog
09-19-2013, 08:28 AM
We don't need to worry about Gerri Green, unless I hear something different he is a done deal.

Im more worried about Cory Thomas out of AL, he has wanted to commit to us several times but he hasn't been allowed to by 'someone'. Could be family, could be an 'advisor', at the end of the day, that kid isn't making the decision alone and that always worries me.

smootness
09-19-2013, 08:51 AM
We don't need to worry about Gerri Green, unless I hear something different he is a done deal.

Im more worried about Cory Thomas out of AL, he has wanted to commit to us several times but he hasn't been allowed to by 'someone'. Could be family, could be an 'advisor', at the end of the day, that kid isn't making the decision alone and that always worries me.

Also, with an out-of-state kid, the longer it goes, the more our record this year could be a factor.

Todd4State
09-19-2013, 12:45 PM
send that freshman a swag letter now !

That's what I was thinking. Of course, then you would have the Internet heroes on 247 saying "it's a long way to NSD 2017" and then bash Dan for recruiting a freshman.