PDA

View Full Version : Mars adds another big name attorney to his team.

DancingRabbit
08-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Steve tweeted, "According to Houston Nutt's attorney Tom Mars, 1st amendment and FOI expert Ted Boutrous has joined the team to assist in record collection".

http://www.gibsondunn.com/lawyers/tboutrous

Outside Dawg
08-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Mars quotes on Boutrous from 2007 article.
"I talk to Ted Boutrous more than I talk to any outside lawyer in the world, and there's not even a close second," says Tom Mars, Wal-Mart's top in-house counsel. "We have access to all the best lawyers in the world.... Yet somebody has to be the best of the best, and that's the way I would describe Ted."

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jun/24/business/fi-sunprofile24

Jack Lambert
08-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Looks like he is gearing up to take ole miss to court.

AlSwearengen
08-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Who ever thought it would come to this? The most powerful lawyers in MS vs. the most powerful lawyers in the country (and Rosebowl).

msstatelp1
08-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Stacking up to be Pickett's Charge all over again.

West Tn Dawg
08-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Who ever thought it would come to this? The most powerful lawyers in MS vs. the most powerful lawyers in the country (and Rosebowl).

I actually laughed out loud at this!

TrapGame
08-02-2017, 02:49 PM
This is a sure sign they are going in to crush om. This is going to get real ugly.

War Machine Dawg
08-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Northern Miss just thinks they have badass lawyers. Mars is showing them how a badass lawyer really does the job. It's hilarious to watch. And the best part is that it appears Nutt has told him to not only go for BearShark blood, but go for the jugular.

**** those shitbirds!

PassInterference
08-02-2017, 02:56 PM
No shit. Mars got Freeze fired like it was nothing. Ole Miss should just give that guy whatever he wants to make him go away.

FISHDAWG
08-02-2017, 03:00 PM
No shit. Mars got Freeze fired like it was nothing. Ole Miss should just give that guy whatever he wants to make him go away.

apologies are so inexpensive

Dawg50
08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
And to think that Ole Miss could have avoided all of this negative/demeaning national press coverage if they had just manned up several years ago and taken their light punishment. Now the institution in general and the football program in particular will be remembered for their stubborn arrogance for many years to come. Their legal counsel and university leadership sure has messed this up.

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Nutt has to see this through now. He's running up too big a legal bill not to. Also tells me how confident they are in their case.

Dawg61
08-02-2017, 03:07 PM

That would involve doing the one thing Bears are incapable of doing. Swallowing their pride. They'd rather Mars burn Oxford to total ash so people may then feel sorry for them than wave the white flag. Remember this is the same school with a 100% casualty rate in the Civil War. They take honor in completely destroying themselves to nothing left.

Mobile Bay
08-02-2017, 03:48 PM
From his biography linked above

Representing thirteen major media organizations (including NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and Time Inc.) in obtaining public access to secret judicial proceedings and records throughout the grand jury investigation conducted by Independent Counsel Kenneth W. Starr concerning the conduct of President Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Represented major media organizations (including NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, the Associated Press, and The Washington Post) in seeking public access to secret judicial proceedings and records in the California criminal trial against Michael Jackson.

Yeah, this guy knows what the **** he is doing. The lesson from this, if you ever piss off Houston Nutt, you better kill him. Otherwise he will come at you like a crazed spider monkey, and you WILL rue the day.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2017, 03:54 PM
You kind of have to wonder is there another really big fish going after Ole Miss through Nutt. Seems like a lot of money is being spent on legal fees from somebody who has been unemployed for five years.

Mobile Bay
08-02-2017, 03:55 PM
You kind of have to wonder is there another really big fish going after Ole Miss through Nutt. Seems like a lot of money is being spent on legal fees from somebody who has been unemployed for five years.

Tyson?

Bodaski
08-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Mars quotes on Boutrous from 2007 article.
"I talk to Ted Boutrous more than I talk to any outside lawyer in the world, and there's not even a close second," says Tom Mars, Wal-Mart's top in-house counsel. "We have access to all the best lawyers in the world.... Yet somebody has to be the best of the best, and that's the way I would describe Ted."

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jun/24/business/fi-sunprofile24

Go back and check the date. This is from 2007, but it doesn't mean something hasn't happened recently, but this article is from 2007.

Reason2succeed
08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm sure this is a good thing for OM.*

BeardoMSU
08-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Remember this is the same school with a 100% casualty rate in the Civil War. They take honor in completely destroying themselves to nothing left.

Damn, lol.
https://media.giphy.com/media/r1HGFou3mUwMw/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ezsoil
08-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Well what it shows is just how weak the Ole Miss lawyers are outside the state of Mississippi. The shitbirds are clinging to the hope that Merkel is going to get Leo and Kobe to say they lied... but they fail to realize that Ole Terry Warren will be deposed as well by lawyers which have already demonstrated they are superior in every way to Merkel. and He will be asked all kinds of questions that if answered a certain way..could lead to jail time.

TrapGame
08-02-2017, 04:18 PM
That would involve doing the one thing Bears are incapable of doing. Swallowing their pride. They'd rather Mars burn Oxford to total ash so people may then feel sorry for them than wave the white flag. Remember this is the same school with a 100% casualty rate in the Civil War. They take honor in completely destroying themselves to nothing left.

OM's legal team says they're ready!

http://northcountrynow.com/sites/default/files/massena%20re-enactors.gif

Saltydog
08-02-2017, 04:21 PM
to lose and they know it. They settle it and someone how convince themselves they won.

MSUDawg99
08-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Hell they've already spent how many thousands & thousands of dollars on legal counsel due to the NCAA investigation? How much more money could they possibly have to keep fighting the Nutt thing?

MSUDawg99
08-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Is #Nuttgate going to leave them #NuttLess? That IS the question.

LockeDawg
08-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Didn't Rosie say some folks were going to be feeling very uncomfortable in the coming weeks? Ted Boutrous' history would give me dribbling diarrhea if I were associated in any way to this Ole Miss dumpster fire.

Percho
08-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Northern Miss just thinks they have badass lawyers. Mars is showing them how a badass lawyer really does the job. It's hilarious to watch. And the best part is that it appears Nutt has told him to not only go for BearShark blood, but go for the jugular.

**** those shitbirds!

Reckon old Huston Dale would apply for the OM job?

Dawg61
08-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Hell they've already spent how many thousands & thousands of dollars on legal counsel due to the NCAA investigation? How much more money could they possibly have to keep fighting the Nutt thing?

Whoever they are protecting right now

http://wonkville.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Money-out-the-window1.gif

NYDawg
08-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Boutrous is not the guy you bring in when you're posturing for settlement. He's the guy you call when you're ready to fight a full-scale war, and Gibson Dunn may be the last firm you want on the other side when you're trying to hide something. They haven't been AmLaw's litigation department of the year 3 or 4 times this decade for going easy on their opponents. They are brilliant and relentless. This will not end well for OM if they stay their recent course.

Mobile Bay
08-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Boutrous is not the guy you bring in when you're posturing for settlement. He's the guy you call when you're ready to fight a full-scale war, and Gibson Dunn may be the last firm you want on the other side when you're trying to hide something. They haven't been AmLaw's litigation department of the year 3 or 4 times this decade for going easy on their opponents. They are brilliant and relentless. This will not end well for OM if they stay their recent course.

I knew all I needed to know when I saw that twice all major news sources (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and Fox) got together and collectively hired this guy. It's like with Wal-Mart and Mars. These people can pick who they want. Money is not an issue.

NYDawg
08-02-2017, 07:03 PM
I knew all I needed to know when I saw that twice all major news sources (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and Fox) got together and collectively hired this guy. It's like with Wal-Mart and Mars. These people can pick who they want. Money is not an issue.

If you really want to see what they are capable of, look up what they did to Patton Boggs and Dozinger in the Chevron/Ecuador case and Erin Brockovich's former boss in the Dole/Nicaragua case.

bobtail bob
08-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Are the citizens of ms paying for all this representation up on the plantation ? They have got to be racking up quite a bill...

Mobile Bay
08-02-2017, 07:22 PM
If you really want to see what they are capable of, look up what they did to Patton Boggs and Dozinger in the Chevron/Ecuador case and Erin Brockovich's former boss in the Dole/Nicaragua case.

So they are pretty much the law firm from the movie, "The Devil's Advocate"

NYDawg
08-02-2017, 07:40 PM

Ha. They might be more ruthless.

State82
08-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Daaaayummmm!!

Mimi's Babies
08-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Are the citizens of ms paying for all this representation up on the plantation ? They have got to be racking up quite a bill...

That will be a good question to find an answer too..... IHL Board minutes will be a great place to start for the answer.......

anubus
08-03-2017, 12:47 AM
Well what it shows is just how weak the Ole Miss lawyers are outside the state of Mississippi. The shitbirds are clinging to the hope that Merkel is going to get Leo and Kobe to say they lied... but they fail to realize that Ole Terry Warren will be deposed as well by lawyers which have already demonstrated they are superior in every way to Merkel. and He will be asked all kinds of questions that if answered a certain way..could lead to jail time.

This is going to be the mother of all beat downs.They were too stupid/arrogant to apologize and now they are gonna get steamrolled. Somewhere out there the Kang and Riley Blevins are smiling

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-03-2017, 09:09 AM
https://s3.postimg.org/4ivaj8cmb/IMG_2990.jpg

The Federalist Engineer
08-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Stacking up to be Pickett's Charge all over again.

Cue the sad violin from Ken Burns documentary

The Federalist Engineer
08-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Daaaayummmm!!

If you 17 with Houston Nutt, he completely 17s you up...if I ever meet him, I will show Don Corleone level respect