PDA

View Full Version : 4/9 practice notes

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I was able to get back to practice and do another amateur report. I'll be around if anyone has specific questions. Quay, LP, and JRob were injured and didn't do much

http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/msu-spring-practice-report-49/

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
thanks for taking the time to give the rest of us a glimpse ... nicely done

MSUDawg4Life
04-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Good report.

I was always puzzled by people who suggested the Browns were going to come in and start at LB. I had a feeling that the upperclassmen weren't just going to give up their spots.

It's also good to hear about the depth and competition in the secondary. Replacing Banks and Slays worries some people, but it sounds like these guys will ease a lot of those worries. Getting Taveze Calhoun back will make them even deeper.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Exactly. Folks are forgetting that Calhoun is pretty good too. Has good size and got some PT last year. CB is a position of strength right now

Political Hack
04-10-2013, 09:18 AM
love having the practice reports like this. Short, succinct, easy to get through and read without any long exposé on your culinary skills.

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I was able to get back to practice and do another amateur report. I'll be around if anyone has specific questions. Quay, LP, and JRob were injured and didn't do much

http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/msu-spring-practice-report-49/

I love the way you order it, man. It's quick, easy to read. I get the facts. lol What I really want to know is is Mullen crawling some ass? Does he have that fire back that made him 2009-2010 Mullen? When coach gets the will to win flowing again, we will be alright.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
That's funny you ask that b/c it's a different feel. In the past guys like Melvin and Mirando it was a bunch of incoherent screaming. Wilson only really coached DL. It's like there is a concerted effort to more teaching and coaching. Heavesy is even freaking out less.they seem focused to me but its a completely different feel

sandwolf
04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
love having the practice reports like this. Short, succinct, easy to get through and read without any long exposé on your culinary skills.

Agreed.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM

Thanks. I do love to cook so perhaps I can figure put a way to incorporate

gravedigger
04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I really like your format. Thanks. From what you saw, do you expect a run first drop back pass offense or do you see us employing the read option and rollout passing? Of course both could be inaccurate and we could stay with the pass first, but I just cannot see us staying in the rut we ended last year on.

elitedawgs
04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
BeastMan - appreciate you taking the time to do the great things you do.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Gravedigger, to be honest I'm not sure. I think we'll se some different looks from last year. They look to be practicing bubble screens and RB routes more. Plus TR under center will be different. All that said, I wouldn't expect our offense to be radically different than what it was last year but hopefully the new wrinkles will help us improve

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Beast, glad to see you mention Market. I've been wondering how his spring has been. Do you have any more info to share on him? If nothing else, I think he'll be an absolute headhunting beast for us on special teams. He really came on at the end of last season and showed a nice nose for the ball in his limited garbage time last year.

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Market has looked better. It's not that he isn't getting better. It's more of the others guys I mentioned really played well and jumping out at you. Another example is Quadry Antoine. He made an int yesterday and its the first time he's really jumped out at me. Doesn't mean he's not progressing, it's just the guys in front of him have really turned it on. Outside of Whitley, Jay Hughes and Dee Arrington are the top 2. Deonte Evans looks really good and is right on their heels and Market is right after that. He's close but not there. I do expect Market and Antoine to be solid on special teams