PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a college football team score 100 points soon?

Todd4State
08-02-2017, 12:04 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20115053/will-college-football-team-score-100-points-again

I think it would have to be something like us vs. Jackson State or someone like that and we score at least one TD on special teams and on defense and our walk-ons would have to be firing on all cylinders as well.

Thoughts on the coaches "not wanting to be the guy to do it"? I think if Spurrier was in his heyday right now, he would do it. I think Freeze would do it if he could. I think if it's a case where the other team lines up and runs the ball or has their back-ups in and the other team just can't stop it, I would have no problem with it.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-02-2017, 06:26 AM
If we could do it in the 2017 Egg Bowl, I would be all for it. However, I think 99.9% of the coaches don't want to be "that guy". Bad publicity would come with it, unless the opponent scores 70.

bostondawg
08-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Yep. Lots of bad PR. Also, I truly believe it more beneficial to the team to just put in the backups. Let them get reps and experience. Fitz scoring 12 touchdowns to Alcorn state probably does nothing for him, except bad some stats. Which I guess could be useful if he's in contention for a Heisman or something. Barring that, put in the backups.

MSUDawg99
08-02-2017, 10:14 AM
If you count EMCC, then yes. They've already scored 90+ points on an opponent. They could make it to 100.