PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Manning's Coop/Harvard's Coop

RocketDawg
07-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Seems like I read a week or two ago that Cooper Manning (Archie's son) has a restaurant in Oxford, possibly at the infamous University Inn, named "The Coop"? Is that true or did I just imagine it?

I assumed that he named it after himself, but it might also have a double meaning, given their affinity for referring to themselves as "The Harvard of the South". There's also a "The Coop" at Harvard. It's a Harvard/MIT merchandise store, stands for "cooperative" but pronounced as one syllable.

They can't get over thinking of themselves as an Ivy League school.

https://store.thecoop.com

Dawg61
07-31-2017, 01:14 PM
Cooper Manning has nothing to do with it from what I understand. Some other douche owns Graduate Hotels inc.

https://www.graduatehotels.com/oxford/restaurant/the-coop/

bostondawg
07-31-2017, 01:57 PM
I go inside the Harvard/MIT coops almost daily, and have never thought of that. Haha.

In the summer of 2013 I was interning at NASA Marshall in Huntsville, and my roommate was a Harvard mechanical engineering undergrad. President of one of Harvard's oldest final clubs. I told him that OM's colors were Harvard crimson & Yale blue, and he almost spit out his drink. His first response was "who?" and his second response was about how sacrilegious, conflicting, and pathetic those color choices are. Haha.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2017, 02:49 PM
I go inside the Harvard/MIT coops almost daily, and have never thought of that. Haha.

The one at Kendall or Harvard Square?

bostondawg
07-31-2017, 02:54 PM
The one at Kendall or Harvard Square?

MIT most of the time--either the one in Kendall or the one on campus if I need to buy something besides coffee. I work out at Harvard once or twice a week though.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2017, 02:56 PM
MIT most of the time--either the one in Kendall or the one on campus if I need to buy something besides coffee. I work out at Harvard once or twice a week though.

Ah, cool. I usually grab lunch around Kendall, or down Mass Ave. near Central. You been to Mary Chung's? My absolutely favorite restaurant near MIT's campus.

bostondawg
07-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Ah, cool. I usually grab lunch around Kendall, or down Mass Ave. near Central. You been to Mary Chung's? My absolutely favorite restaurant near MIT's campus.

Love Mary Chung's. That MSG got me good though, haha. You ever meet up with the Boston alumni group? Last year we usually watched the games at Causeway, out near TD Garden.

BeardoMSU
07-31-2017, 03:03 PM
Love Mary Chung's. That MSG got me good though, haha. You ever meet up with the Boston alumni group? Last year we usually watched the games at Causeway, out near TD Garden.

Lol, definitely a fan of the MSG...their Dun-Dun noodles and Peking Raviolis are things of otherworldly-ethereal-perfection....I literally dream about those two dishes.

We've heard that there were some good alum groups around, but since we actually live out in Worcester, and I have to commute to Cambridge during the week, coming into the city on the weekends usually isn't at the top of my priority list, lol.