PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for the board

MarketingBully01
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
If we beat Troy by 21 and Auburn upsets LSU in Baton Rouge, does that change your perception of where our program is headed? Just curious. The game this weekend was extremely close and we were a play here or there from winning but if Auburn doesn't make the one extra play, we are saying everything looks pretty good while Auburn is questioning things. Very interesting.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Good question. It would certainly make me scratch my head and start looking at the schedule again. I'll still be pissed at how Mullen lost the Auburn game, but I'll start thinking we may be a little better than I thought. Just a little though.
Either way, no excuse for how he coached Saturday night.

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Not really. We did things against Auburn that a well coached team doesn't do. No two ways around that. We should beat Troy by 21 anyway. But if we looked better coached against Troy, it would be encouraging but based on what I have seen this year and last- I'm not holding my breath.

Political Hack
09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
it would make the LSU game a lot more interesting.

MarketingBully01
09-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Yep, and it might be our year to beat LSU. I am thinking the Auburn-LSU game will be closer then the experts think but I still think LSU wins. I am still not sold on Metzenberger. They also turned out to play not so great teams to get to 3-0. Remember, LSU plays Georgia the week before us so there is bound to be a let down game somewhere. If we can get them overlooking us, we have a shot. Don't they play Florida the week after us as well?

Bothrops
09-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Auburn will have trouble scoring against Lsu. Lsu wins easily.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Auburn will have trouble scoring against Lsu. Lsu wins easily.

I think so too. LSU defense will kill that QB.

msstate7
09-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I think so too. LSU defense will kill that QB.

Lsu has a lot of new starters without much experience. I think lsu wins, but auburn plays them well. Lsu 31 auburn 24

angusyoung
09-17-2013, 10:31 PM
LSU is going to prison rape Auburn. Like 49-7

msstate7
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM

That's a bold prediction. I agree lsu is better team, but lsu always seems to let teams hang around

CadaverDawg
09-17-2013, 11:12 PM

Yep. Auburn sucks, and soon you all will see that. And you will see why I've reached the point I have with Mullen. And don't be surprised if Troy has receivers running wide ass open Saturday night too. If we make Marshall from Auburn look like a decent passing QB....that Troy QB may break his accuracy record against us Saturday. Those receivers of Auburn's being 10-12 yards open on every play worries the shit out of me. Hopefully we can get to the QB to neutralize it

dawgoneyall
09-18-2013, 06:34 AM
No we lost when we should have won and the reasons will remain the same.

FlabLoser
09-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Winning cures a lot. I'll say that.

FlabLoser
09-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Yep. Auburn sucks, and soon you all will see that. And you will see why I've reached the point I have with Mullen. And don't be surprised if Troy has receivers running wide ass open Saturday night too. If we make Marshall from Auburn look like a decent passing QB....that Troy QB may break his accuracy record against us Saturday. Those receivers of Auburn's being 10-12 yards open on every play worries the shit out of me. Hopefully we can get to the QB to neutralize it

Is Troy better than OSU? How is it we shut down OSU's offense?

We made enough plays on defense to keep OSU out of their tempo/rhythm. We put them back on their heels and they don't function very well like that. We need to do the same with Troy.

It might not be that simple schematically. I don't know the X's & O's to that level of detail. But from a high level, we need the same game plan.

EEdawg15
09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
A decent passing QB from Auburn would have made that game alot worse than it was; therefore, if we beat Troy convincingly it will be due to changes, whether in scheme/personnel/playcalls, made by the coaching staff.

Dawgface
09-18-2013, 07:38 AM
LSU 35 AU 10, MSU 28 Troy 20. No change in my perception as to where we are headed.

FlabLoser
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
A decent passing QB from Auburn would have made that game alot worse than it was; therefore, if we beat Troy convincingly it will be due to changes, whether in scheme/personnel/playcalls, made by the coaching staff.

The defense for Auburn was to stop the run. Our defensive strategy changes based on what our opponent does.

FISHDAWG
09-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Gentlemen ... the barber shop is down the street and on the left