PDA

View Full Version : Question for Todd...

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-29-2017, 06:12 PM
Heard anything about a second grad transfer pitcher?

Todd4State
07-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I have not but we can use all the help we can get.

AlSwearengen
07-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Todd, maybe I missed it discussed here, but I saw on Facebook that one of the h.s. pitchers from Alabama in this last class was enrolling at a j.c. In Florida so he can get drafted after one year at juco.

Is this true as far as you know?

Todd4State
07-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Todd, maybe I missed it discussed here, but I saw on Facebook that one of the h.s. pitchers from Alabama in this last class was enrolling at a j.c. In Florida so he can get drafted after one year at juco.

Is this true as far as you know?

Are you talking about Ashcraft?

AlSwearengen
07-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Are you talking about Ashcraft?

Chad Bryant. Had to look it up.

bulldogcountry1
07-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Someone alluded to another current pitcher leaving the other day. Is it Ashcraft?

Todd4State
07-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Chad Bryant. Had to look it up.

I have not heard that. But it doesn't make any sense to me because he was drafted this year out of high school....so why not just sign then.

Todd4State
07-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Someone alluded to another current pitcher leaving the other day. Is it Ashcraft?

I kind of figured that they were talking about McQuary because of his grades.

bulldogcountry1
07-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Shite either way.

The Federalist Engineer
07-29-2017, 10:57 PM
I kind of figured that they were talking about McQuary because of his grades.

I can't recall a more volatile period in MSU baseball history, am I wrong?

We were blessed with Cody Browns, Rookers, and CT Bradfords, and Scott Mitchell's...but lately we have discovered a new species of human. Is this happening at other colleges at our level of prestige?

bulldogcountry1
07-30-2017, 07:45 AM
I can't remember a time when we've had so many off the field issues. I'm sure there were some isolated problems, but it wasn't public. Part of the reason I've been so partial to MSU baseball is the lack of drama and issues. Throw in the number of injuries we have had, and it still unbelievable that we did so well.

The school year can't get started soon enough so things can settle in, and we can see who's still standing. I was hoping we had managed to skip the rebuilding year, but next season keeps looking tougher and tougher if we can't get healthy, and others don't get their sheet together. We've got to have some leadership.

Todd4State
07-30-2017, 08:42 AM
I can't recall a more volatile period in MSU baseball history, am I wrong?

We were blessed with Cody Browns, Rookers, and CT Bradfords, and Scott Mitchell's...but lately we have discovered a new species of human. Is this happening at other colleges at our level of prestige?

I think the most volatile was when Cohen took over and the first couple of years during his tenure for me.

Some of what is happening is because of the coaching change in that these guys weren't recruited by Cann. That includes the assistants as well. We've had three pitching coaches and now three hitting coaches the past three seasons. Some of that is Cohen and his former assistants misevaluating some of the players off the field traits.

I think we will see things settle down after this season once the new stadium is built and Cann will have mostly his players in and his staff the way he wants it.

The big difference is with Cann I still expect us to go to a SR next year whereas with Cohen it would have been a 24 win season.