PDA

View Full Version : The wall in the right

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-27-2017, 03:06 PM
field corner is going to look really cool. Not to mention the right fielder is going to be chasing foul balls that hit the wall all over right field with the brick facing the field. Standing up on the entranceway overlooking the field will be a great sight as well. Dudy Noble will be a unique park like no other. Get excited if you haven't already.

Dawgpile
07-27-2017, 06:00 PM
It will be awesome, but I still can't understand why we're keeping the original stadium footprint.

Steakonastick
07-27-2017, 08:15 PM
It will be awesome, but I still can't understand why we're keeping the original stadium footprint.

To save a good bit of time. Also, if they started from scratch it would look exactly the same.

bulldogcountry1
07-27-2017, 09:17 PM

I assumed it would save a good bit of time and money, but I'm not so convinced anymore. They are having to do a lot of cutting on the remaining grandstand concrete to get it prepared for the new. Seems like they could have leveled the entire thing by now, as opposed to carefully removing everything so as not to damage the part they want to keep.

Schultzy
07-28-2017, 04:34 AM
When watching a game on TV from Dudy Noble, will we be looking spectators in their seats behind home plate or the old concrete wall back there?

Political Hack
07-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Rerunning plumbing and electrical alone would delay things. They should be able to leverage a lot of the existing infrastructure if they don't move locker rooms, concessions, bathrooms, etc...

I'm just worried about the lounge. I don't want it to be new, nice, and shiney. I loved the character of it. Pretty sure that's gone, but I hope they've figured out how to bring the old lounge into the new stadium.

ghostofjackie
07-28-2017, 08:46 AM
To save a good bit of time. Also, if they started from scratch it would look exactly the same.

No, it wouldn't look exactly the same. Go back and look at the original renderings and look at the shape and orientation of the proposed new grandstands. It differs from what the Old Dude had and is a more squared off look. This would force the entire grandstand areas to have different sight angles than we have had, and will have in the new stadium. I think it was a big mistake to use the first 6 rows as a base point.

To me, the squared off look creates more of a minor league park feel. We should have spent the extra 4-5 million and started from scratch.

MSUDawg99
07-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Rerunning plumbing and electrical alone would delay things. They should be able to leverage a lot of the existing infrastructure if they don't move locker rooms, concessions, bathrooms, etc...

I'm just worried about the lounge. I don't want it to be new, nice, and shiney. I loved the character of it. Pretty sure that's gone, but I hope they've figured out how to bring the old lounge into the new stadium.

It's otay Hacky. We'll still have fun. Guess I can't stand on my ole cinderblock anymore right up against the left field wall though. That sux. Lol

Coastdog28
07-28-2017, 09:43 AM
No, it wouldn't look exactly the same. Go back and look at the original renderings and look at the shape and orientation of the proposed new grandstands. It differs from what the Old Dude had and is a more squared off look. This would force the entire grandstand areas to have different sight angles than we have had, and will have in the new stadium. I think it was a big mistake to use the first 6 rows as a base point.

To me, the squared off look creates more of a minor league park feel. We should have spent the extra 4-5 million and started from scratch.

Save a little money on the front end to not let the park reach it's full potential. It's very short sighted. Who cares about timing as well? Sacrifice one year to have by far the best non MLB park in the nation.