lamont
07-27-2017, 11:06 AM
LT: Sr. Martinas Rankin/Jr. Tyree Phillips
LG: So. Daryl Williams/RFR. Dareuan Parker
C: Jr. Elgton Jenkins/So. Harrison Moon
RG: Jr. Deion Calhoun/So. Michael Story
RT: RFR Stewart Reese/RFR Greg Eiland
QB: Jr. Nick Fitzgerald/Fr. Keytaon Thompson
RB: Jr. Aeris Williams/So. Alec Murphy/Fr. Kylin Hill/So. Nick Gibson/Jr. Dontavian Lee
TE: So. Farrod Green/Sr. Jordan Thomas/Jr. Justin Johnson
WR: Sr. Donald Gray/RFR Reggie Todd/ Jr. Jesse Jackson
WR: Sr. Gabe Myles/So. Jamal Couch/Fr. Austin Williams and RFR. Osirus Mitchell
SLOT WR: So. Keith Mixon/So. Deddrick Thomas/RFR Korey Charles

DEFENSE
DE: Jr. Chauncey Rivers/So. Fletcher Adams/RFR Kobe Jones
NG: So. Jeffery Simmons/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Lee Autry
DT: Jr. Cory Thomas/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Tre Brown
OLB: Jr. Gerri Green/Sr. Traver Jung
MLB: Sr. Dez Harris/RFR Erroll Thompson
MOLB: So. Leo Lewis/Fr. Willie Gay/So. Tim Washington
OLB: Jr. Montez Sweat/So. Marquiss Spencer
SS: Jr. Mark McLaurin/Sr. J.T. Gray/Jr. Jaquarius Landrews
FS: Jr. Brandon Bryant/Jr. Johnathan Abram/RFR CJ Morgan-Walker
CB: Sr. Lashard Durr or Jr. Jamal Peters/Jr. Brian Cole
CB: Sr. Tolando Cleveland/RFR Cam Dantzler/FR. Tyler Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Fr. Tucker Day/So. Jordan Lawless/Fr. Daniel Mills
P: Sr. Logan Cooke/Fr. Tucker Day

BeastMan
07-27-2017, 11:16 AM
You know what I love about the defense? A lot of guys who started last year on the 2nd team. That's competition & infusion of talent. Love Reese winning the RT job as well as D Will winning LG. Good sings. Alec Murphy running 2nd team to start probably doesn't hold but that's a good sign he worked his ass off. Probably a reward. This will change a lot but I like so far.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-27-2017, 11:21 AM
You know what I love about the defense? A lot of guys who started last year on the 2nd team. That's competition & infusion of talent. Love Reese winning the RT job as well as D Will winning LG. Good sings. Alec Murphy running 2nd team to start probably doesn't hold but that's a good sign he worked his ass off. Probably a reward. This will change a lot but I like so far.

Do you think that paves the way for Kylin to be 2nd team?

Dawg61
07-27-2017, 11:30 AM
I am excited for this year so don't get me wrong but if we can just get some OL/WR/DB/K help for next year we might see 10 wins again with the way that depth chart looks.

missouridawg
07-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Do you think that paves the way for Kylin to be 2nd team?

Unless we have an injury, I'll be disappointed if we play Kylin this year. I'd much rather redshirt him than try to get him 20-30 carries this year. Aerie, Gibson, Lee, and Murphy can easily carry the RB load for us.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Interesting one of the DL spots is called DT, I wonder what technique they will play. Could go 4I to try & get Simmons more 1-on-1s, w/ Rivers lining up a wide 5. Is that a product of trying to get Cory Thomas on the field or a signature of Grantham's base D?

That's some serious length at corner. Peters, Dantzler, Cole & Williams all 6'2. Where is Smitherman playing? I know he's mentioned being coached by English but seems like he was made for nickel corner.

msstate7
07-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Murphy at 2nd team RB is pretty shocking to me

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Remember this depth chart is based off of like 30min of practice.

ATTILLA THE DOG
07-27-2017, 11:58 AM

don't know how he run's the football,but he looks like a mack truck

Dallas_Dawg
07-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Has anyone seen our new kickers attempt a Field Goal? or extra point? Man, it would be a game changer to have a kicker who can be counted on from 40 yds and in. Not asking for Morten Andersen, just a decent college kicker

Ari Gold
07-27-2017, 12:32 PM

Don't read anything into this .. he isn't 2nd or 3rd team.

lamont
07-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Has anyone seen our new kickers attempt a Field Goal? or extra point? Man, it would be a game changer to have a kicker who can be counted on from 40 yds and in. Not asking for Morten Andersen, just a decent college kicker

We wont know this answer until September. Our kicker has never played in a college football game

Bothrops
07-27-2017, 12:38 PM

Alec Murphy can run.

Irondawg
07-27-2017, 12:49 PM
I feel pretty confident that RB is not a position of concern

GTHOM
07-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Mullen gonna pull the SR bullshit at corner. Dantzler and Peters are the best 2 and should get as many snaps as possible. If lashard durr and cleveland start over those 2.......

GTHOM
07-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Interesting one of the DL spots is called DT, I wonder what technique they will play. Could go 4I to try & get Simmons more 1-on-1s, w/ Rivers lining up a wide 5. Is that a product of trying to get Cory Thomas on the field or a signature of Grantham's base D?

That's some serious length at corner. Peters, Dantzler, Cole & Williams all 6'2. Where is Smitherman playing? I know he's mentioned being coached by English but seems like he was made for nickel corner.

Probably gonna play Sweat as more of a stand up DE on Thomas's side. Thats what I would guess. Thats more of a gameplan thing anyway

Anonymous
07-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Still don't understand Cleveland getting the nod there. Peters is far and away our best Corner and Dantzler looked really promising in the spring game.

DownwardDawg
07-27-2017, 01:34 PM
I am excited for this year so don't get me wrong but if we can just get some OL/WR/DB/K help for next year we might see 10 wins again with the way that depth chart looks.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm always excited about the season but NEXT year could be yuge!

Political Hack
07-27-2017, 01:41 PM

Some have held he'd be buried on the depth chart because of a dust up he had several years ago, but it's hard to not want to put a 230 lb+ Mac truck on the field. I think he's going to see reps this year. It's dumb to not combo him with Fitz back there given his size.

Political Hack
07-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Kobe, Abrams, Fletch, Jung, Dantzler, Peters, Gray, Gay, etc.... coming off the bench? That's sick.

dawgman15
07-27-2017, 01:48 PM
Is this depth chart a guess from 247? I thought that Brian Cole came in as a safety. Also, Fletcher Adams should be listed as a RSOPH.

Johnson85
07-27-2017, 02:05 PM
So how much experience has Daryl Williams had in games and how did he do?

Same question for Michael Story.

Have we seen enough of Williams to feel confident that if he's healthy, he'll be solid at guard?

Just curious as to whether we have a complete unknown just at RT or at RT and LG?

shoeless joe
07-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Kobe, Abrams, Fletch, Jung, Dantzler, Peters, Gray, Gay, etc.... coming off the bench? That's sick.

1b gonna be tuff

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Probably gonna play Sweat as more of a stand up DE on Thomas's side. Thats what I would guess. Thats more of a gameplan thing anyway

I like it. Sweat & Rivers off the edge w/ Simmons collapsing the pocket could definitely work. Send Green every 3 or so downs & drop a 6'6 former TE (Sweat) into the flats.

Bodaski
07-27-2017, 04:59 PM
LT: Sr. Martinas Rankin/Jr. Tyree Phillips
LG: So. Daryl Williams/RFR. Dareuan Parker
C: Jr. Elgton Jenkins/So. Harrison Moon
RG: Jr. Deion Calhoun/So. Michael Story
RT: RFR Stewart Reese/RFR Greg Eiland
QB: Jr. Nick Fitzgerald/Fr. Keytaon Thompson
RB: Jr. Aeris Williams/So. Alec Murphy/Fr. Kylin Hill/So. Nick Gibson/Jr. Dontavian Lee
TE: So. Farrod Green/Sr. Jordan Thomas/Jr. Justin Johnson
WR: Sr. Donald Gray/RFR Reggie Todd/ Jr. Jesse Jackson
WR: Sr. Gabe Myles/So. Jamal Couch/Fr. Austin Williams and RFR. Osirus Mitchell
SLOT WR: So. Keith Mixon/So. Deddrick Thomas/RFR Korey Charles

DEFENSE
DE: Jr. Chauncey Rivers/So. Fletcher Adams/RFR Kobe Jones
NG: So. Jeffery Simmons/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Lee Autry
DT: Jr. Cory Thomas/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Tre Brown
OLB: Jr. Gerri Green/Sr. Traver Jung
MLB: Sr. Dez Harris/RFR Erroll Thompson
MOLB: So. Leo Lewis/Fr. Willie Gay/So. Tim Washington
OLB: Jr. Montez Sweat/So. Marquiss Spencer
SS: Jr. Mark McLaurin/Sr. J.T. Gray/Jr. Jaquarius Landrews
FS: Jr. Brandon Bryant/Jr. Johnathan Abram/RFR CJ Morgan-Walker
CB: Sr. Lashard Durr or Jr. Jamal Peters/Jr. Brian Cole
CB: Sr. Tolando Cleveland/RFR Cam Dantzler/FR. Tyler Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Fr. Tucker Day/So. Jordan Lawless/Fr. Daniel Mills
P: Sr. Logan Cooke/Fr. Tucker Day

Our defense is loaded with athletes at every position and its not but 3 or 4 SR's on the depth chart. We will only get better and faster on defense. The more they learn the faster they will get. The future looks really, really bright.

GTHOM
07-27-2017, 05:00 PM
I like it. Sweat & Rivers off the edge w/ Simmons collapsing the pocket could definitely work. Send Green every 3 or so downs & drop a 6'6 former TE (Sweat) into the flats.

Im just excited we have a DC with some nuts that has proven he can do it in this conference

Doggie_Style
07-27-2017, 05:15 PM
K: Fr. Tucker Day/So. Jordan Lawless/Fr. Daniel Mills.......Wow, this is going to be interesting, total field goals attempted by this group in a D1 game = 0

None of these guys were on the spring roster. They all have nice resumes and I've seen their film. We should be OK but who knows.

MetEdDawg
07-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Someone please talk me off the ledge. Durr and Cleveland aren't really going to start at CB will they? Peters has definitely proven he's better and Dantzler was a beast in the spring game and has the tools to be a starter.

I understand Mullen's propensity to favor seniors early in the process and even a little later in the process, but there's no evidence that anyone can provide me that Durr and Cleveland are better than Peters and Dantzler.

I seen it dawg
07-27-2017, 05:24 PM
This depth chart don't mean shit right now except in cases to maybe motivate some players. Anybody that gets spun up about this...well...

Turfdawg67
07-27-2017, 06:07 PM
I feel pretty confident that RB is not a position of concern

I should look it up, but during a game last year, a poster claimed we didn't have any RBs. Said Williams, Lee & Gibson all sucked. We were prob losing that game!