PDA

View Full Version : When they originally dropped this now of us saw how it was possible. Now we do.

Reason2succeed
07-27-2017, 10:08 AM
OM gets hammered by the NCAA sending them into a 5-10 year rebuild while Mullen stays at State.
Mullen becomes the premier QB developer in the nation.
LSU slips back and every other team in the SEC changes their head coach.
Saban decides to take him millions and retire after breaking Bear Bryant's record.
MS HS recruits do not remember a time in their life when OM was close to competive with State.
MSU enrollment continues to grow.
SEC TV contract goes astronomical.
Nothing I've said is remotely out of the realm of possibility and that equals this

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/uvovkfcwdpboigo_20110504162409.jpg?w=300&h=193

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2017, 10:18 AM
I think all of these are very possible!! Great time to be a DAWG!!!!!!

TrapGame
07-27-2017, 10:20 AM
The LSU of Mississippi. It's coming.

curmudgeon
07-27-2017, 10:22 AM
The least likely on that list is the SEC TV contract.

I have a feeling that MSESPN is going to be renegotiating that thing in the next couple years.

Reason2succeed
07-27-2017, 10:27 AM

I have a feeling that MSESPN is going to be renegotiating that thing in the next couple years.

Who said it had to be ESPN? Fox Sports would sell their soul to carry more SEC football games.

3rdGen
07-27-2017, 10:41 AM
I will second that notion with a HAILSTATE!, this is the way I have thought it will go in the fiture as well.
The day of the COI penalty announcement will be forever known as the Glorious Dicktation of 2017 Day. (Aka Dry Run Day).

HAILSTATE!

Commercecomet24
07-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Post of the year!

HAILSTATE!

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-27-2017, 10:47 AM
We better not use see-through bleachers. Kiss of death

AlmostPositive
07-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Mississippi college football is not quite a zero sum game, but Ole Miss simply having to recruit on a level field almost automatically makes us better.

Add in their certain decline as an appealing destination for high profile Mississippi recruits and we get bumped again.

OM being in the shitter is probably worth an additional two games in State's winning column. Extrapolate that over fie years and they may be in our shadow for a decade.

Hope it a vacated Sugar Bowl was worth it, Rebel friends....

Political Hack
07-27-2017, 10:53 AM
I think some of us realized there was a shift in the seas. We're set to take over the state. Took a little longer than anticipated, but it's happening now.

Commercecomet24
07-27-2017, 10:56 AM
I think some of us realized there was a shift in the seas. We're set to take over the state. Took a little longer than anticipated, but it's happening now.

Absolutely! It's our time! We have to take advantage now. We cannot let this slip. We have to take control, dominate and not let the bears breathe. Sweep the leg, Johnny!

BB30
07-27-2017, 10:59 AM

I have seen this thought a couple of places now and I just don't get it. The market will still be there regardless of the medium used to receive it. Usually, where there is a demand it will be supplied. I think you will just see the cost rise in the streaming market.

AlmostPositive
07-27-2017, 11:02 AM
The QB's we have on hand and in the pipeline have to be as good as any team's.

If we get even half the O-linemen and a third of the receivers OM has been illicitly luring in, we could be a top twenty team year in year out...

Dawg61
07-27-2017, 11:08 AM
OM gets hammered by the NCAA sending them into a 5-10 year rebuild while Mullen stays at State.
Mullen becomes the premier QB developer in the nation.
LSU slips back and every other team in the SEC changes their head coach.
Saban decides to take him millions and retire after breaking Bear Bryant's record.
MS HS recruits do not remember a time in their life when OM was close to competive with State.
MSU enrollment continues to grow.
SEC TV contract goes astronomical.
Nothing I've said is remotely out of the realm of possibility and that equals this

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/uvovkfcwdpboigo_20110504162409.jpg?w=300&h=193

Mullen becomes the premier QB developer in the nation Maybe but that'd take 2-3 more of them making it in the NFL to be the case and even if he is already he doesn't have the mindset of one himself i.e. he can't just go hang 50 on anybody anytime he wants to with his QB/offense which you need to have to be a top offensive mind.

LSU slips back and every other team in the SEC changes their head coach LSU is always going to be an issue for us because of the athletes they get. They get some absolute freaks down there in the swamp. Maybe it's because nobody knows how to recruit those backwoods swamp lands and find the freaks like LSU does. However they are about to average a full 1-2 less wins a season for awhile till they can get someone that is capable of beating Saban (good luck).

Saban decides to take him millions and retire after breaking Bear Bryant's record. It doesn't even matter at this point. Bama has been studying everything Saban has been doing, writing it down, recording it, eating it for every meal, tattooing it on their babies. They now have the formula and they have plenty of juice to keep the engine running for a good 20 years after Saban leaves. We won't see a shitty Bama team again barring something weird happening for another 20-25 years at the earliest.

SEC TV contract goes astronomical. I think we are about to see the ridiculous cable contracts bubble burst. People are simply fed up with paying $150 a month for cable when Netflix, Vue, Hulu and other much cheaper options are out there. There's a war on the horizon coming for TV Networks (ESPN), Comcast, Amazon and Netflix will be the major players in it. Interestingly Amazon has already started selling Comcast services through their "cable store" so I am thinking they are just gonna buy Comcast completely at some point and when that happens I have a feeling Amazon isn't gonna allow ESPN to keep ass-raping everyone.

msbulldog
07-27-2017, 12:00 PM
The LSU of Mississippi. It's coming.

I don't know about you Trap, but I ain't going to be eating a whole bunch of corn dogs!

msbulldog
07-27-2017, 12:03 PM

Hack, you ain't lying I've been waiting over 50 years.

Pollodawg
07-27-2017, 12:08 PM
MSU will be the LSU of Mississippi.

SaintDawg
07-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Saban decides to take him millions and retire after breaking Bear Bryant's record. It doesn't even matter at this point. Bama has been studying everything Saban has been doing, writing it down, recording it, eating it for every meal, tattooing it on their babies. They now have the formula and they have plenty of juice to keep the engine running for a good 20 years after Saban leaves. We won't see a shitty Bama team again barring something weird happening for another 20-25 years at the earliest.

Having the recipe doesn't make you a chef. You got to have the mind to go with it. Saban will be hard to replace.

Dawg61
07-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Having the recipe doesn't make you a chef. You got to have the mind to go with it. Saban will be hard to replace.

Agree and Saban will be impossible to replace but Bama isn't gonna suddenly fall back to being a 7-8 win team annually once he does leave. Best we can hope for is they fall back to being a 10 win team.

TrapGame
07-27-2017, 12:25 PM
I don't know about you Trap, but I ain't going to be eating a whole bunch of corn dogs!

Ha!We'll have to change it to fried catfish or something.