PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line is Leaders are Needed!!

Brahmabull
09-17-2013, 02:50 PM
This team is desperate for a leader on each side of the ball to step up and lead down the stretch. This is essentially what Mullen is talking about when he refers to finishing. Teams that have leaders know how to handle adversity, how to handle pressure, how to finish games. We are desperately searching for leaders. Often times, teams that are low in senior class numbers struggle with leadership.

Ronny
09-17-2013, 04:38 PM
..flashy playmakers on the field making great plays. These are your would-be leaders.

This team is too bogged down in the intellectual aspect of the game; our playmakers are being hamstrung by Mullen's Emily Post etiquette approach to the game.

Turn our playmakers loose & allow them to play with abandon & leaders will emerge.

Nicky Santoro
09-17-2013, 04:46 PM
..flashy playmakers on the field making great plays. These are your would-be leaders.

This team is too bogged down in the intellectual aspect of the game; our playmakers are being hamstrung by Mullen's Emily Post etiquette approach to the game.

Turn our playmakers loose & allow them to play with abandon & leaders will emerge.

Who pray tell are our playmakers... Through 3 games I haven't seen them.

Dawg61
09-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Who pray tell are our playmakers... Through 3 games I haven't seen them.

Holloway is dangerous in space as is Lewis, Perkins is dangerous on screens, Wilson on the fly route and Shumpert running up the middle or off the tackles. I'd cycle between these 6 plays 4-5 times EACH a game and then mix in tempo and misdirection the other 40 plays. MSU has plenty of ability on offense to score consistently.

SallyStansbury
09-17-2013, 05:06 PM
This team is desperate for a leader on each side of the ball to step up and lead down the stretch. This is essentially what Mullen is talking about when he refers to finishing. Teams that have leaders know how to handle adversity, how to handle pressure, how to finish games. We are desperately searching for leaders. Often times, teams that are low in senior class numbers struggle with leadership.

Jackie losing his ass off at the end: Players not making plays...........
Croom sucking wind at the end: Players are failing to execute............
Mullen these past couple of games: Players need to finish................

All bullshit coachspeak for I am losing, and either don't know what to do differently or am too stupid, stubborn, or both to change.

If anyone needs to finish a game it is Dan.

Ronny
09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
..playmaker I have seen so far is Dak.

On defense is where the true tone is set, & there are definitely no playmakers on that side of the ball so far.

Nicky Santoro
09-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Holloway is dangerous in space as is Lewis, Perkins is dangerous on screens, Wilson on the fly route and Shumpert running up the middle or off the tackles. I'd cycle between these 6 plays 4-5 times EACH a game and then mix in tempo and misdirection the other 40 plays. MSU has plenty of ability on offense to score consistently.

I'll grant you Holloway has potential. Lewis dropped what would have sealed the game against Auburn - nope. Perkins would make plays if Dak would read the RO correctly. Shumpert has yet to prove anything against non-SWAC level competition.

Listening to Wyatt - he just quoted 10 screwups in 17 4th quarter plays. Playmakers don't screw up 10 out of 17 times.

We need to clean things up. Playmakers make plays. We don't have playmakers or a play would have been made in the 4th quarter. Jameon catches a pass and we aren't having this discussion.

Simple as that.

GumpDawg
09-17-2013, 06:28 PM
I think we have playmakers the problem is we don't either trust them or we let them get one touch and stop going there way because they don't have a big gain. I think Perkins, Holloway, Lewis, Robonson, etc. are all playmakers. We just don't use them right like say Perkins. Get the guy the ball in space and stop running him between the tackles. We have 200+ lb backs for that. When is the last time you saw us TRY and run a go route or double move with our outside receivers in single coverage to stretch the field? Are our receivers so bad we can't try these and hope for a catch or pass interference? We finally have some size but we still use them like midgets in the pass game. One of our biggest problems has been not making defenses have to cover the back end. Hell we threw the ball more down field when Tyson lee was QB.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Jackie losing his ass off at the end: Players not making plays...........
Croom sucking wind at the end: Players are failing to execute............
Mullen these past couple of games: Players need to finish................

All bullshit coachspeak for I am losing, and either don't know what to do differently or am too stupid, stubborn, or both to change.

If anyone needs to finish a game it is Dan.

^^Bingo^^

We need a leader at head coach most of all.

CochiseCowbell
09-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Hell we threw the ball more down field when Tyson lee was QB.

This times 50.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
The bottom line is our Corners and WR are not all that good. Most of the problem is youth.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2013, 06:45 PM
The bottom line is our Corners and WR are not all that good. Most of the problem is youth.

I disagree. yes they are young...but they would have a much better chance at success if they weren't told to play 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

As for the WR's...I think it is hilarious that we go out and get all of these tall receivers yet we throw no fly patterns, no fades, no nothing, that takes advantage of their height. And mark my words, the day we finally DO throw a deep fade it will be to Tubby or Holloway instead of Wilson.

I take that back...we did throw 1 jump ball. To RoJo? MoJO? Wilson?....Nope, to JOE F'n MORROW! He just learned how to freaking catch, is slow, and doesn't fight for the ball...and we throw a jump ball to him in a SEC opener? It's that kind of shit that makes me want to smash my face into a pane of glass

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Again- we have no playmakers because of recruiting. We have done pretty well on defense and lo and behold we're pretty solid on that side of the ball.

Boya
09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Again- we have no playmakers because of recruiting. We have done pretty well on defense and lo and behold we're pretty solid on that side of the ball.

I agree with this. In fact that is really my only beef with Mullen...for an offinsive/QB guru, he sure hasn't delivered the on the players to run his system.

MarketingBully01
09-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Wilson, Ross, Shumpert will be great playmakers before they leave MSU but they are all Freshmen. Who was the last true freshman we used that was a big time playmaker for us? They will only get better.

Coach 57
09-17-2013, 09:32 PM
You guys need to listen to Dan's pre-practice interview yesterday & then turn around and listen to Koening after practice. Dan talks about "finding a leader" and then later that afternoon Les says that guys are "gravitating towards Dak. He's a special kid." There is your leader. Give me the guy who is HIGH energy & willing to bust his butt. I'll climb in a foxhole with him. Dak is THAT GUY! Tyler is too quiet & soft.

Don't kid yourselves, we DO have playmakers! Besides Dak we have Holloway, Tubby, LdP, Malcolm, RoJo & I see great potential in Wilson. But he's gotta mature in his footall I.Q.

Dannyripms
09-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Guys I got a question on play calling I'm gonna use a Bruce lee quote. "Don't fear a man who practice with a thousand kicks, fear the man who practice one kick a thousand times." Basically we need a few plays we can run and do it blind folded. Our go to plays when we need that 2-3 yards. Opinions?

Nicky Santoro
09-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Don't kid yourselves, we DO have playmakers! Besides Dak we have Holloway, Tubby, LdP, Malcolm, RoJo & I see great potential in Wilson. But he's gotta mature in his footall I.Q.

With all due respect Coach - playmakers make plays. I didn't see it happen last Saturday when the chips were down. That's what I'm talking about. Marshall made plays for Auburn on that last drive. Dak didn't do enough in the 4th quarter. Simple as that.