PDA

View Full Version : Ol Clay Travis

BHildreth3
09-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Mississippi State is officially staring 4-8 in the face.
And that's giving State wins over Troy and Kentucky.
I'm not really sure they get those both done.
If State goes 4-8, 1-7 in the SEC, that would mean that after all the Dan Mullen hysteria in Starkville, after five seasons Mullen's SEC record would be 14-26. That's just four SEC wins better than Sylvester Croom did in his five years at State. So Mullen would be averaging .8 wins a year better than Croom.
Is that good enough?
The trajectory is certainly pointing down.

good times :)

Coach34
09-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Croom coached in an SEC West that:

had Alabama go 6-6 twice
had Auburn have a losing season
had UPig have 2 straight losing seasons
had no Texas A&M
had OM with Ed Orgermoron as their coach

But no 4-8 is not good enough. I dont think anybody thinks 4-8 is good enough

maroonmania
09-17-2013, 02:15 PM
We will beat Troy, BG and KY. If we don't then our staff deserves our venom. But going back to the schedule we all said we needed 2 of 3 from Aub, Ark and OM just to get to bowl eligibility. Now we have to be 2-0 in the other 2 swing games. If we don't win either of those though then yes, we are stuck at 4-8.

Ronny
09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
..according to this guy's logic if we would have beat Auburn, we would be officially staring 5-7 in the face.

If we were 3-0 with a win over OSU, we would be officially staring 6-6 in the face.

It's amazing how these stupid hacks can not re-read what they write & identify the gaping flaws of logic in the nutty crap they write for public consumption.

MarketingBully01
09-17-2013, 05:50 PM
He is an absolute idiot and he needs to be more worried about his own team when a very inept offensive Florida will crush his team this weekend by 21. What a joke. I think we get to 6-6 and we still have a chance at 7-5 if we get an upset. I think people don't get that Dak was starting his second game. He will only get better and we have the weapons and OLine to make him look great the whole year. I think we should start Dak from here on out and build for next year. And when I say build for next year I still think we can make a bowl game this year.

mic
09-17-2013, 07:13 PM
All Clit Travis does is pile on whos the hot and whos not. I bet if you went back a few years you find him saying that Mullen was the next big thing..
He prob wrote that from Hugh's coaching office in oxford..

col. forbin
09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Clay Travis is a huge douche bag. Laughing stock of all SEC hacks. He has as much credibility as Fancy IMO.

SignalToNoise
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Yeah don't be fooled by Clay. He's a tool on purpose to generate website traffic.