PDA

View Full Version : Great article by Kevin Scarbinsky about UM - MSU rivalry

Reason2succeed
07-26-2017, 01:37 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/07/ole_miss_vs_mississippi_state_2.html
We must play great defense in all of our off the field affairs. OM will try to retaliate. Disown all your Rebel family members and friends. Tell them nothing.

The only thing worse than OM becoming a national embarrassment will be when MSU surprises on the field this year. Their anger will boil over.

They already vandalized the stadium this summer. Expect more of the same and worse.

PS we should move the Egg Bowl to the first game of the year since they will be a good preseason
game and it will lose its national appeal since it won't be competitive for the next ten years.

TrapGame
07-26-2017, 01:47 PM
That would be the icing on the cake for all of this so far. OM is getting the dry shaft from the national media and the NCAA. And then we have one of those "special", "no one saw coming" seasons on top of that! Finish off a 10-2 season by prison raping them in Starkville and get a Sugar Bowl bid.

They would literally hire hit men at that point.

GTHOM
07-26-2017, 03:39 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/07/ole_miss_vs_mississippi_state_2.amp

We must play great defense in all of our off the field affairs. OM will try to retaliate. Disown all your Rebel family members and friends. Tell them nothing.

The only thing worse than OM becoming a national embarrassment will be when MSU surprises on the field this year. Their anger will boil over.

They already vandalized the stadium this summer. Expect more of the same and worse.

PS we should move the Egg Bowl to the first game of the year since they will be a good preseason
game and it will lose its national appeal since it won't be competitive for the next ten years.

Im not gonna disown my OM family and friends but yeah they are gonna be gunning for us. We will get our shot at them when it matters in November

msstatelp1
07-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Im not gonna disown my OM family and friends but yeah they are gonna be gunning for us. We will get our shot at them when it matters in November

I'll disown mine twice so we'll average out.

Lord McBuckethead
07-26-2017, 03:50 PM
No idea why we wouldn't play the egg bowl the 1st game of the season. Talk about the energy and trash talking. The fall camp would be intense.

RiverCityDawg
07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
If we are stupid enough to cheat and get caught after having a front row seat to the ole miss debacle we deserve whatever we get. There should be no rule bending required to enjoy a nice run for the next decade.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-26-2017, 07:35 PM
If we are stupid enough to cheat and get caught after having a front row seat to the ole miss debacle we deserve whatever we get. There should be no rule bending required to enjoy a nice run for the next decade.

I noticed Bracky Brett doesn't get trashed on this board quite like he used to.

Dawgface
07-26-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm distancing myself from my OM drinking friend. He has already said if OM goes down, they will bring State down too. Everything that is reported here with respect to Yancy's views on the investigation, he regurgitates to a tee. Don't care to hear it.

maroonmania
07-26-2017, 08:00 PM

Not sure why Bracky should get much credit on any of this. The MSU boosters and culture is a different breed than what you have with the OM elitists win at any cost mentality and would not just totally go off the rails with or without Bracky. That being said, we have still suffered 3 separate probations since 1995. Not sure the exact year Bracky came on board as the compliance guy but if he's been there since the mid 90s he doesn't have much to brag about.

FISHDAWG
07-26-2017, 08:09 PM

agreed but I wouldn't put it past the network to pay a recruit to lie about something after all this ... if they can pay them to keep quite then imagine the inverse

BB30
07-27-2017, 09:25 AM
No doubt they will be gunning for us. I just hope we have dotted our Is and crossed our Ts. You can look at our recruiting classes and tell that we haven't been absurdly cheating. Most of our big recruits have been in state outside of QBs and the QB stuff is completely justified based off what Mullen has been able to do with QBs here and he has just started landing top line QBs in the last couple of years since Dak.

Reason2succeed
07-27-2017, 09:39 AM
A few years back we had some State alums who were looking at the success that OM was having in recruiting and their on the field success against Bama and LSU who wanted to sling some money around too. They were pretty pissed that Mullen and Bracky were playing so conservatively.

DawgHouseUnited
07-27-2017, 10:00 AM
agreed but I wouldn't put it past the network to pay a recruit to lie about something after all this ... if they can pay them to keep quite then imagine the inverse

I don't know if they'd try to use a recruit, but I could easily see some of them sleeping with someone in the NCAA to influence them...

msbulldog
07-27-2017, 12:39 PM
"Disown all your Rebel family members and friends. Tell them nothing."

The people I know with Mississippi affiliations generally don't talk to me. Matter of fact, when I walk in the bar, they usually get up and leave. I generally make things uncomfortable for them.

(And if I had any Rebel kin they would already be disowned, because most in my family loves MSU)

DancingRabbit
07-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Well, good article until the end. "At the bottom, where nobody wins and nobody cares."

MSU wins with a more level playing field in recruiting. To a lesser extent, so do other schools.

And maybe MSU fans care more than others, but I bet fans from Georgia, Florida, Nebraska, et al are happy to see OM reined in and sanctioned.

Still pushes this narrative of this being an OM vs MSU thing unfolding. Hey media, this is an OM dumpster fire. They did it to themselves.

smootness
07-27-2017, 01:19 PM

I was coming here to say, it turns out Bracky Brett may have been the best thing that ever happened to us.

And he came to State in 02.

DownwardDawg
07-27-2017, 01:20 PM

I hope those days are over.