PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reporting OM wanting Leo and Kobe at COI

BrunswickDawg
07-26-2017, 08:24 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20161146/ole-miss-wants-former-recruits-appear-infractions-hearing-sources-tell-espn

And again, why are any names public?? Because Ole Miss continues to violate FERPA and put it out that is all a big MSU Conspiracy!

Schultzy
07-26-2017, 08:29 AM
Do they want all fifty-two student athletes there?

BeastMan
07-26-2017, 08:30 AM
This is a new article but it's old news. OM has wanted their crack at these 2 since the interviews before the 2nd NOA. Until someone reports LL & KJ are required by NCAA to be at COI, nothing new. Even at that point, I still wouldn't care. The NCAA felt good enough about those interviews to leave them in after the response.

Political Hack
07-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Leo & Kobe should sue the crap out of all of them.

ckDOG
07-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Witnesses are not called upon at hearings.

http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/enforcement-process-hearings

TrapGame
07-26-2017, 08:49 AM
This feeds the frenzy of the cult of ignorance that believe this is still a vast MSU conspiracy cooked up by Mullen, Rosebowl and NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2017, 08:50 AM
The Cheaters up North still somehow have the idea that the NCAA operates the same way a court does. It doesn't. I thought they had a law school up there?

Political Hack
07-26-2017, 08:50 AM
And that they still think it's a legal proceeding. You don't get to cross examine. That's insane.

This is a volunteer organization with bylaws that you agree to follow. Not the SCOTUS.

thf24
07-26-2017, 08:51 AM
When the NCAA responds with a flat and simple "no," I hope it's public.

Martianlander
07-26-2017, 08:53 AM
I am glad that our management program is working so well at State that we can coordinate these conspiracies.****

ScottH
07-26-2017, 08:58 AM
The NCAA values it's sources of information.

Having Leo/Kobe at the hearing would strongly deter future willingness of students to provide information in interviews.

Ditto the RR suit which, for the very same reason, has gained the cult further disdain in Indy home office.

ckDOG
07-26-2017, 09:00 AM
And that they still think it's a legal proceeding. You don't get to cross examine. That's insane.

This is a volunteer organization with bylaws that you agree to follow. Not the SCOTUS.

Would be poor precedent to set as well unless they want to tie up the COI like the court system. Examination and cross examination will drag out the process. They had their chance to discredit these guys in their formal response - which the COI will take into consideration.

JoseBrown
07-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Leo & Kobe should sue the crap out of all of them.

I sure hope they do after this NCAA mess is finally done. They should have a hell of a case against whoever put their names out their, in the least. I hope they both get enough money out of them they play in the NFL for shits n giggles.

Negative Waves
07-26-2017, 09:03 AM
If I'm the NCAA, the first question I'd ask at the meeting concerning Leo and Kobe is, "who at the University leaked their names?" They leaked their names and then get a booster to sue them. That in itself should be a death penalty offense. It attacks the very foundation of the NCAA and its investigative abilities.

lamont
07-26-2017, 09:24 AM
I want Sofia Vergara to come by the house tonight

ShotgunDawg
07-26-2017, 09:31 AM
The NCAA needs to tread lightly here or they'll lose the leverage of immunity

http://i.imgur.com/Je2dA8b.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqu1qCVYAA9vmi.jpg

Bully13
07-26-2017, 09:32 AM
all of this is a distraction to the bigger picture. based on all the shit the NCAA has on ole miss, and they make a big deal out of croots getting some free gear?

JoseBrown
07-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Shirley the NCAA wouldn't subject them to cross examination though.

Bdawg
07-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Shirley the NCAA wouldn't subject them to cross examination though.

I seriously doubt that would/can happen. Again, this is not a court of law. COI just may want to hear some things from them personally or they may just have some follow up questions they want answered.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-26-2017, 10:08 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2017/02/08/ncaa-immunity-investigations-committee-on-infractions/97658116/

MarketingBully
07-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Is Schlabach really this dumb? He didn't talk to the NCAA. He is just taking the Ole Miss lawyers word that the NCAA said that. These reporters are idiots.

DancingRabbit
07-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Is Schlabach really this dumb? He didn't talk to the NCAA. He is just taking the Ole Miss lawyers word that the NCAA said that. These reporters are idiots.

Somewhat concerning that Schlabach would write that, but I agree that he's taking the word of established liars.

I'm not concerned about what our guys would say, if it happened. I just think it would be insane for the NCAA to bend their own rules.

MarketingBully
07-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Somewhat concerning that Schlabach would write that, but I agree that he's taking the word of established liars.

I'm not concerned about what our guys would say, if it happened. I just think it would be insane for the NCAA to bend their own rules.

They don't call witnesses to hearings. That article had only one purpose and it is to promote the narrative that Ole Miss didn't cheat that bad. All this shit is so the NCAA won't give them a two year bowl ban vs their one year bowl ban they self imposed. That's all this is about. Because they know that if they get a two year bowl ban, it will crater the program as most to all of their talent will transfer out.

Jack Lambert
07-26-2017, 10:59 AM
This feeds the frenzy of the cult of ignorance that believe this is still a vast MSU conspiracy cooked up by Mullen, Rosebowl and NCAA.

I really wished it was but it's not.

bobtail bob
07-26-2017, 11:38 AM
I just want someone to pose the question as to how they received these two kids names in order to file suit . Somebody had to give ESPN their names , right ? Who ?

Dawgology
07-26-2017, 11:46 AM
I would be surprised if the NCAA broke their own rules of SA anonymity. They take it pretty seriously.

Mimi's Babies
07-26-2017, 11:50 AM
The NCAA needs to tread lightly here or they'll lose the leverage of immunity

http://i.imgur.com/Je2dA8b.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqu1qCVYAA9vmi.jpg

M I G H T be asked....... Might is a BIG word with lots of room for movement. There attorney's would also appear and advise them not to speak... simple IF this happens.....

ShotgunDawg
07-26-2017, 11:52 AM
If, & only IF, the NCAA decided to force Leo & Kobe to attend the COI meeting, then MSU should refuse unless all player & people interviewed & offered immunity by the NCAA are forced to attend as well.

The only reason Leo & Kobe are are of interest here is because 1. They play for the rival school & 2. Because someone at OM made their identities known.

Again, if Leo & Kobe are forced to attend, then so should the Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc players that testified as well.

Dawgology
07-26-2017, 12:35 PM
If, & only IF, the NCAA decided to force Leo & Kobe to attend the COI meeting, then MSU should refuse unless all player & people interviewed & offered immunity by the NCAA are forced to attend as well.

The only reason Leo & Kobe are are of interest here is because 1. They play for the rival school & 2. Because someone at OM made their identities known.

Again, if Leo & Kobe are forced to attend, then so should the Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc players that testified as well.

Agreed. If they are going to break policy it needs to be applied to everyone in this case not just two. I'm sure other SA's received goods from RR right? I've not read the full NOA.