PDA

View Full Version : Welp, Za'Darius Smith is wrecking shit at Kentucky...

engie
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
and doing it from day 1. Seems he may have made a pretty good choice to go play with his JUCO position coach after all -- seeing how he's experienced what appears to be NO "learning curve" adjusting to the next level....

He's currently tied for the national lead in sacks with 4.5 -- a half sack more than we have as a team at this point. He also has 14 tackles right now.

UK has the #1, #2, and #6 tackling DL in the conference right now, which I found pretty impressive with the new coach as well.

Raytoraid83
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Another reason why some type of change needs to happen, every coaching staff in conference is improving while State keeps falling father behind...

Irondawg
09-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty surprised, I had hard from a decent # of people that had seemed him play that he was good but was not a difference maker. Haven't seen KY at all this year.

TrueMaroon
09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Think of the difference in our class had we gotten the guys we were supposed to get- Toby Johnson, Deon Mix, the CB that signed with Clemson, Kailo, Sandberg, and Z Smith.

TrueMaroon
09-17-2013, 02:02 PM
And also Corey Smith from EMCC.

FlabLoser
09-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Think of the difference in our class had we gotten the guys we were supposed to get- Toby Johnson, Deon Mix, the CB that signed with Clemson, Kailo, Sandberg, and Z Smith.

Mullen's coaching has to overcome whatever weakness he has in crootin.

PS: Fire Bracky Brett!

smootness
09-17-2013, 02:59 PM

How were we 'supposed' to get all these guys?

Sure, we should have had Mix and we were supposed to get Sandberg. All the others we were only 'supposed' to get if you see us among someone's final 2-3 teams and assume we should get them.

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty surprised, I had hard from a decent # of people that had seemed him play that he was good but was not a difference maker. Haven't seen KY at all this year.

Is seven a decent number of people?

Irondawg
09-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Ha - I've still got some friends that follow JUCO and most said they saw him as a rotation guys - he'd play for sure but he wasn't someone you'd expect to come lead your team in sacks - like we expected out of Autry.

bocfarm
09-17-2013, 03:22 PM

Kailo sucks my ballsack

Ronny
09-17-2013, 04:27 PM
..what is happening at Kentucky.

You can not tell me a story that will make me jealous of Kentucky football.

As far as having the typical MSU inferority complex, like all loyal MSU fans I do.

But it will never sink to the level of being jealous of anything happening at Kentucky.

msstate7
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
and doing it from day 1. Seems he may have made a pretty good choice to go play with his JUCO position coach after all -- seeing how he's experienced what appears to be NO "learning curve" adjusting to the next level....

He's currently tied for the national lead in sacks with 4.5 -- a half sack more than we have as a team at this point. He also has 14 tackles right now.

UK has the #1, #2, and #6 tackling DL in the conference right now, which I found pretty impressive with the new coach as well.

Perhaps we should make room on our offensive staff for buddy Stephens. Maybe he'll bring his 2 ot's with him. Besides he buddy has to be a good coach