PDA

View Full Version : How do teams perform when their rival receives NCAA Sanctions

hailstatetakeover
07-25-2017, 08:22 AM
https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/25/do-rivals-have-success-when-other-schools-receive-ncaa-sanctions/

Todd4State
07-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Auburn didn't win a National Championship despite going 13-0.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 08:49 AM
Auburn didn't win a National Championship despite going 13-0.

Yep, this was one of the factors that eventually led to the Playoff. Although they technically probably claim it due to USC forfeiting the National Title after NCAA sanctions similar to how UM is going to have to forfeit any bowl wins with the Beaver.

Political Hack
07-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Ole Miss isn't Alabama no matter how bad they want to be and they're not going to find their Nick saban on the other end of this tunnel.

I will say if they hire Les Miles, it's a LOT, LOT better than I thought they'd do.

hailstatetakeover
07-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Yep, this was one of the factors that eventually led to the Playoff. Although they technically probably claim it due to USC forfeiting the National Title after NCAA sanctions similar to how UM is going to have to forfeit any bowl wins with the Beaver.
Yea, it all ran together, because USC vacated that championship game, and Aubrun finsihed the season #2 so they claimed it.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Ole Miss isn't Alabama no matter how bad they want to be and they're not going to find their Nick saban on the other end of this tunnel.

I will say if they hire Les Miles, it's a LOT, LOT better than I thought they'd do.

If Les takes that job then it shows how desperate he is to get a D1 job. It also lets you know that no other major programs are interested in Les.

Pollodawg
07-25-2017, 08:54 AM

I have zero faith Miles could win there.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 09:29 AM
I have zero faith Miles could win there.

Miles + shit recruiting = below .500

CarolinaDawgs
07-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Miles struggled to win 9 games with an NFL farm team. Him at UMiss would be great.

The Federalist Engineer
07-25-2017, 11:08 AM
https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/25/do-rivals-have-success-when-other-schools-receive-ncaa-sanctions/

OM death penalty means a better OL, baseball, and a deeper DB group for us. They typically take the better MS o-linemen like Buckles, Stallings, etc prospects. But kids that want money, whores, and benefits will just switch to Auburn, Tennessee, and Louisville...not MSU

I basically only care about baseball so OM out of SEC means we become another LSU, permanent top-10