PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Billingsley had a good Summer in Cape

The Federalist Engineer
07-24-2017, 11:46 PM
4 starts, 2.49 ERA in 21 innings pitched

Only walked 4 in last 12 innings pitched.

If JB can win every Tuesday night in 2018, that could lock-up a regional host. It's going to be great to have a complete pitching staff next year

Todd4State
07-25-2017, 12:14 AM
I could see him pitching in the weekend rotation. I hope he pitches Tuesday because that would mean Ashcraft, McQuary, or Self stepped up or one of the Tommy John guys stepped up.

The Federalist Engineer
07-25-2017, 12:32 AM
I could see him pitching in the weekend rotation. I hope he pitches Tuesday because that would mean Ashcraft, McQuary, or Self stepped up or one of the Tommy John guys stepped up.

SEC#1 - Pilk
SEC#2 - Ashcraft
SEC#3 - France or Billingsley or McQuary

I think we get a really effective #4 out of this deal

Personally, I would like to see MQuary win the #3 job and give us two experienced returning starters for 2019

Todd4State
07-25-2017, 01:55 AM
I would love for Ashcraft to take a weekend spot, but I think I am scarred for life from Butch Thompson’s rule of third year breakout season and I think Ashcraft having to rehab this offseason will hurt him a little bit as far as next year potentially. If McQuary learns to throw strikes and takes a spot I would be fine with that too.

Hasu Dackds
07-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Billingsley will be the 3rd starter. France will be the 4th ie weekday guy.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Billingsley doing that in the Cape means he is taking another step forward. It would be nice to actually have enough arms that there is at least a discussion on which starter is midweek and which are on the weekend. Is McQ pitching this summer or playing a position and hitting?