PDA

View Full Version : How would you use the weapons we have on offense?

Irondawg
09-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Obviously every game is different and defense dictates, but when you have 70 plays how would you try to split the workload. Let's assume Dak at QB since I really think that's where we are heading. Here's what I would envision:

Rushing - 38 times (we want to be a running team)
Dak - 14
LDP - 8
J-Rob -7
Shump - 7
Lewis/Holloway - 2

If someone gets hot ride them. If J-Rob or Shump starts to seperate themselves then move to a 2-back rotation.

Passing targets- 32 attempts

Lewis - 6
Rojo - 5
LDP - 5
M Johnson - 4
D. Wilson - 4
F. Ross - 3
B. Hill/Morrow/Shump/J-Rob/ - 5

How would you guys try to spread it out?

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I would get Holloway the ball more... That kid can fly... Line him up in the slot too

Political Hack
09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Holloway, Tubby, & JRob need more handoffs and screen passes. Wilson needs to see the field more.

Dak and TR need to split reps.

Shump needs to have 75% of our cries between the OTs.

Perk needs to be on the field any times it's 3rd and 4 or more.

We need Hanrahan back.

Political Hack
09-17-2013, 01:17 PM
and by "cries" I meant our attempts to run between the tackles.

Coach34
09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I would run some 2-back sets with Perk and JRob and then other times have Holmes in there as a FB...1-back sets would have Perk and JRob alternating

We would run the veer, speed option, zone read, counter, and lead play. We would run the ball 40-42 times per game...with 25-28 passes.

Veer- we're going to double the DT at the POA with Dakota riding JRob up inside...DE crashes, we pull and Perkins is our pitch man
Lead- I'm going to get Holmes the backfield with Dakota- spread everyone else out- let Holmes lead up inside on the LB while Dakota follows and gets us some tough yards. This will also create some good PA passing.

We gonna bubble screen to Tubby and teach Wilson or RoJo the deep route off of it. We will also bubble to Perkins
I would create plays specific for Perk to catch passes

Dawg61
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Can you please stop calling him Dakota. It's freaking me out man**

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I would like to see some plays developed where you have Russell, Dak, Jameon, and Holloway running some version of the wildcat. I would think the misdirection and resulting mismatches could be amazing. Besides them and your OL you would have Wilson and RoJo as your receivers. That would give you two deep downfield threats, a pocket passer, two speed demons for runs to the edges or passes to the flat, and a dual threat guy that could take between the tackles, if necessary all on the field at the same time. That would force the defense to cover the entire field and not key on one person or area. On the snap your two receivers run deep posts on each side of the field taking your corners and hopefully safeties deep (if not, then throw that mother up to whoever has single coverage). Holloway and Lewis each go to different sides of the field for their assignment which would further split your defense and then you either TR or Dak with the ball. Dak and take a handoff up the middle, run a TE route, or who knows what else with more play design IQ than I have to come up with options.

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 02:40 PM
QB- Use both Tyler and Dak and basically go with the hot hand. See 1999 Madkin/Wyatt.

RB- End the YMCA RB rotation and start Shumpert and Robinson. Use Perkins as an ATH- meaning RB/slot WR, and then find SOMEBODY that can play FB- Turtle, Brandon Hill, Nick Griffen.

WR- Start Morrow, Bear Wilson, and move Robert Johnson to the slot and then use Fred Brown some as the third guy or rotate him and Bear.

TE- How about actually throwing to Malcolm Johnson.

Coach34
09-17-2013, 02:47 PM
This is what we need to look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IHMEqYlxc

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 03:01 PM
This is what we need to look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IHMEqYlxc

I would love to see that in the future with Staley, Shumpert, and Aeries Williams. Maybe slightly less speed than Oregon, but a lot more power.

Irondawg
09-17-2013, 03:10 PM
not a fan of Tubby?

Todd4State
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
not a fan of Tubby?

As a WR- not really. I like him as a kick and punt returner though. He's good no sweeps and screens, but anything downfield- he drops too many for my liking. I just feel like Robert Johnson would serve us better in the slot.