PDA

View Full Version : Hey MSSTATE 7 and other Braves fans

parabrave
07-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Braves finally make the Garcia trade. Sent him, Recker and cash to the twins for a prospect. At least the prospect hasn't had TJ yet.

War Machine Dawg
07-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Another ****ing pitching prospect. Where are the damned bats?

SandlotDawg
07-24-2017, 08:48 PM
This move freed up about 5 million dollars for another trade. Maybe for Sonny Gray so keep your fingers crossed.

BoomBoom
07-24-2017, 09:30 PM
This move freed up about 5 million dollars for another trade. Maybe for Sonny Gray so keep your fingers crossed.

there's better ways to clear salary. i'm fine with it as it opens a spot for Sims, who needs a shot now and not 2018, but other than that i'd rather keep Garcia than get such a middling return.

i'm good with getting Gray, but only if it's for one AA or higher prospect, with the rest being further away. and even then it better be a steal, which i don't think it will be. Allard and Soroka are too good to trade away. i feel we'd have to trade one to get Gray, and i don't think he's worth it. which i guess means i'm against it.......

this team is going to rely on 2-3 hitters that aren't even in MLB yet. given that, why trade a pitcher (or two!) who look like they may be aces in a few years for a guy that will be a FA right when those hitters peak? i think trading for Gray would be getting impatient and making a mistake. a cost-controlled #3 pitcher on the other hand, without giving up a future ace, that i am for.

Tbonewannabe
07-24-2017, 09:36 PM
there's better ways to clear salary. i'm fine with it as it opens a spot for Sims, who needs a shot now and not 2018, but other than that i'd rather keep Garcia than get such a middling return.

i'm good with getting Gray, but only if it's for one AA or higher prospect, with the rest being further away. and even then it better be a steal, which i don't think it will be. Allard and Soroka are too good to trade away. i feel we'd have to trade one to get Gray, and i don't think he's worth it. which i guess means i'm against it.......

this team is going to rely on 2-3 hitters that aren't even in MLB yet. given that, why trade a pitcher (or two!) who look like they may be aces in a few years for a guy that will be a FA right when those hitters peak? i think trading for Gray would be getting impatient and making a mistake. a cost-controlled #3 pitcher on the other hand, without giving up a future ace, that i am for.

There is zero chance we win the World Series this year. If we get Sonny Gray he might be a free agent by the time we are ready to compete for it.

msstate7
07-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Gotta bad feeling we're gonna trade Swanson/Albies and soroka/allard for gray. I'll be sick

parabrave
07-25-2017, 12:20 AM
I don't know about the pitchers, now either Swanson or Albies maybe. We do have some decent pitchers in AA so I hope we can keep them. But if we do trade it will be a long term deal.

BoomBoom
07-25-2017, 07:01 AM
There is zero chance we win the World Series this year. If we get Sonny Gray he might be a free agent by the time we are ready to compete for it.

Not talking about this year. Gray will be a FA after the 2019 season. So just when Acuna is peaking, when Riley/Maitan/Allard/Gohera/Wright/Soroka are ready to contribute.....he's gone. Trade the farm for 2 years of this guy? No thanks.

ETA: and as i wake up a little more i see you were probably saying the same thing. my bad.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Not talking about this year. Gray will be a FA after the 2019 season. So just when Acuna is peaking, when Riley/Maitan/Allard/Gohera/Wright/Soroka are ready to contribute.....he's gone. Trade the farm for 2 years of this guy? No thanks.

ETA: and as i wake up a little more i see you were probably saying the same thing. my bad.

Yep, Sonny Gray helps us get to the Wild Card and then get slaughtered by the Dodgers. By the time we get our guys up then Gray is a free agent. I am afraid they lose patience and make a move just to look like they are trying to win this year just for ticket sales.

BigEasyDawg
07-25-2017, 09:03 AM
We couldn't get Rooker in that trade? ****

msstate7
07-25-2017, 09:09 AM
What if the target is verlander, not gray?

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 09:14 AM
What if the target is verlander, not gray?

I don't know the situation but is Verlander a rental or is there a contract for years after this one? Verlander, Tehran, and Folty is a pretty good playoff rotation.

BoomBoom
07-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Yep, Sonny Gray helps us get to the Wild Card and then get slaughtered by the Dodgers. By the time we get our guys up then Gray is a free agent. I am afraid they lose patience and make a move just to look like they are trying to win this year just for ticket sales.

I don't think they are playing for this year. I think they are playing for 2018 and 2019. And I think that's a mistake.

Remember, the original plan was to compete in 2017. A couple years ago it became apparent that the prospects were a little further away than that, that it would be 2018. And now, well it looks like 2019. If Weigal hadnt gone down and needed TJ, then maybe not. And I don't think they've accepted that, they are playing for 2018. If it was a true ace for 3 or 4 years control, ok id get it. But not for 2 years of SG. Thats trading away a ton of competitiveness in 2020+.

Swap out acuna for Kakes, and Albies for Phillips, and thats a hell of a lineup though. An ace makes them a WS contender, but I just dont see SG as that guy.

I don't think they care about ticket sales for the purposes of a trade. They've been way up this year already. Guess it depends on expectations and finances though.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't think they are playing for this year. I think they are playing for 2018 and 2019. And I think that's a mistake.

Remember, the original plan was to compete in 2017. A couple years ago it became apparent that the prospects were a little further away than that, that it would be 2018. And now, well it looks like 2019. If Weigal hadnt gone down and needed TJ, then maybe not. And I don't think they've accepted that, they are playing for 2018. If it was a true ace for 3 or 4 years control, ok id get it. But not for 2 years of SG. Thats trading away a ton of competitiveness in 2020+.

Swap out acuna for Kakes, and Albies for Phillips, and thats a hell of a lineup though. An ace makes them a WS contender, but I just dont see SG as that guy.

I don't think they care about ticket sales for the purposes of a trade. They've been way up this year already. Guess it depends on expectations and finances though.

Sonny Gray still doesn't give us a certifiable ace. Gray, Tehran, and Folty are a good rotation but not anyone that is going against a true #1 guy.

msstate7
07-25-2017, 09:25 AM
I don't know the situation but is Verlander a rental or is there a contract for years after this one? Verlander, Tehran, and Folty is a pretty good playoff rotation.

Signed thru '20 at around 28 million per

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Signed thru '20 at around 28 million per

I might make a trade for him unless they wanted a few untouchables then. I might throw in some extra cash if he brings Kate Upton with him.

BoomBoom
07-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Sonny Gray still doesn't give us a certifiable ace. Gray, Tehran, and Folty are a good rotation but not anyone that is going against a true #1 guy.

I'm hearing Christian Pache and a couple mid-tier pitching prospects for Gray. I'm all for that.

msstate7
07-25-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm hearing Christian Pache and a couple mid-tier pitching prospects for Gray. I'm all for that.
Me too

parabrave
07-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Well Dansby sent down. It's a good move for him.

parabrave
07-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Gohara moved up. Can't wait to see him in the ATL. Lucky to have his and Acunas autograph on the same ball.

msstate7
07-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Gohara moved up. Can't wait to see him in the ATL. Lucky to have his and Acunas autograph on the same ball.

Touki moved to AA too

GTHOM
07-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Wouldnt mind trading Swanson for something. Hes given us absolutely nothing at the plate

Really Clark?
07-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Wouldnt mind trading Swanson for something. Hes given us absolutely nothing at the plate

After less than a full season worth of AB as a rookie? Trade low on an overall #1 pick a little over 2 years ago? Might should be a little more patient unless we get a great deal on him that is just too good to pass up.

parabrave
07-27-2017, 02:40 PM
After less than a full season worth of AB as a rookie? Trade low on an overall #1 pick a little over 2 years ago? Might should be a little more patient unless we get a great deal on him that is just too good to pass up.

This. Right now he isn't worth that much. Plus he was brought up wayyy to soon. He needs more playing time and needs to learn how to hit a slider,

BoomBoom
07-27-2017, 06:19 PM
This. Right now he isn't worth that much. Plus he was brought up wayyy to soon. He needs more playing time and needs to learn how to hit a slider,

This. guys with 60 hit tools WILL learn how to hit a slider.