PDA

View Full Version : Let's boot Ole Miss and invite UT-Arlington into the SEC

Mutt the Hoople
07-23-2017, 07:28 PM
UT-Arlington? Why them?

1) They have no football program. They come in, they're going to be forced to establish a football program. They'll be an easy win for at least a decade, and Conference wins are worth their weight in gold.

2) They bring in the DFW market. Texas A&M locks down South Texas for the SEC, UT-Arlington would lock in the 5th largest market in America to the SEC.

3) They have a respectable basketball and baseball program.

4) They could play their games at Jerry World, ie, The Death Star.

5) I could watch The Mississippi State University at least every other year close to the House.

6) UT-Arlington is a decent school, with none of the corruption and taint that Ole Miss brings to the SEC.

Dawgowar
07-23-2017, 07:34 PM
I'd prefer Kansas - great basketball addition, awesome track and field program, and their football team blows chunks. And from an old airborne solider perspective - that entire state makes one sweet flat drop zone.

Mutt the Hoople
07-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Rode a bus across Kansas once. Now understand why farmers axe-murder their families in the winter.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Does we even discuss SMU or do we fear what may happen in they are in the SEC for 5+ years?

Dawgowar
07-23-2017, 08:20 PM
SMU has real money and real pretentious assholes - unlike the posers UNM tries to be.

fader2103
07-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Why not Dallas Baptist?

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Why not Dallas Baptist?

Not a big enough school. DBU is like Misaps. Great baseball program but doesn't have the student body size for the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2017, 09:22 PM
North Texas would be a better option than UTA. At least they already have a football program and nice stadium.

Could probably get TCU to leave the Big 12 for the SEC as well.

parabrave
07-24-2017, 12:21 AM
I'd prefer Kansas - great basketball addition, awesome track and field program, and their football team blows chunks. And from an old airborne solider perspective - that entire state makes one sweet flat drop zone.
OK airborne Kansas ain't exactly flat.

Dawgowar
07-24-2017, 04:16 AM
OK airborne Kansas ain't exactly flat.

It beats the shit out of Washington state.