PDA

View Full Version : Need a lawyer to answer this

Spiderman
07-23-2017, 10:40 AM
What chance is there to sue 2 reporters for having sources and reporting a story, that is true, successfully?

In no way did either, especially Forde, ever say one thing against RR.

I would think the 1st amendment would have a ton of precedent in a case like this.

Again, RR is filing the law suit OM so desperately wishes they could, imo, and are using RR to do that

Pollodawg
07-23-2017, 10:43 AM
No chance. RR has cast a wide net and will dismiss everyone but MSU.

Pollodawg
07-23-2017, 10:44 AM
They're really wanting this investigator too, so they may not dismiss him. But, like I said earlier, I doubt any deposition place before the COI or season. I would be supremely shocked.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2017, 10:46 AM
How do you define success?

I think success in this case isn't actually winning the case, but rather having the opportunity to depose the accused in an effort to reveal information that will help OM in it's case vs the NCAA

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Not a lawyer, but press and their sources enjoy a high level of protection.

Mimi's Babies
07-23-2017, 11:09 AM
They're really wanting this investigator too, so they may not dismiss him. But, like I said earlier, I doubt any deposition place before the COI or season. I would be supremely shocked.

Just curious??? How long can one post pone a deposition???? I know of a case the the plaintiff was deposed 5 years later.

MetEdDawg
07-23-2017, 11:15 AM
The problem with this case is that they are saying they all conspired against them. RR is the organization that committed the violations. So it literally doesn't matter if they conspired against them or not. All of those people could have talked about setting RR up, but not only is that not illegal, but in the end, if the information regarding what they did is true, you can't sue for the truth being defamatory.

This is just dumb all around. The only way they have a case is if someone lied. We all know they didn't and that RR committed the violations and they are just throwing darts because they are done anyways. In no way will anyone lose a job, go to jail, get suspended, or anything like that. It's just really dumb.