PDA

View Full Version : Any chance Chris Christie, I Mean Matt Luke Gets a Showcause?

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 11:08 PM
OM people are talking about wanting him to have his interim title removed and for him to become the head coach in order to provide stability in recruiting.

Wasn't he mentioned in the NOA?

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Yes, Matt Luke was mentioned in the NOA.... he will not be hired as head coach... Too much is known on that one.... somethings should come out soon... Check the phone records UNLESS they were on the burner phones..... Meeting with recruits illegally...... 'making sure the recruit 'GAT' his grades'

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 11:11 PM
I believe he was.

If he wants the interim title removed that tells me that Ole Miss plans to appeal whatever the NCAA findings are in Sept./Oct. and that this will ultimately drag out into next year.

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Yes, Matt Luke was mentioned in the NOA.... he will not be hired as head coach... Too much is known on that one.... somethings should come out soon... Check the phone records UNLESS they were on the burner phones.....

If he is named the head coach it will be for show only. I'm sure their original plan was for Freeze to get them through this year and then throw Freeze under the bus once everything comes to light...and then Houston Nutt went giggity. Having an interim coach for more than one season is a long time in the world of interim coaches. I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen actually. But if they are planning on appealing the NCAA findings they know that they aren't going to be able to hire anyone until there is some resolution with the NCAA. Which means they're probably stuck with Luke for awhile.

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 11:23 PM
If he is named the head coach it will be for show only. I'm sure their original plan was for Freeze to get them through this year and then throw Freeze under the bus once everything comes to light...and then Houston Nutt went giggity. Having an interim coach for more than one season is a long time in the world of interim coaches. I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen actually. But if they are planning on appealing the NCAA findings they know that they aren't going to be able to hire anyone until there is some resolution with the NCAA. Which means they're probably stuck with Luke for awhile.

They had better be saving that 5 million dollars for as long as they can... I am guessing that these law suites will cost north of 50 million dollars..... I guessed Luke's show cause will be at least 8 years..... burner phone city..... money, making sure the kid gat the grades, tutors for High school students.... boosters involvement with recruiting SA...