PDA

View Full Version : Rojo

Homedawg
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
After watching 3 games I have come to this easy conclusion, Rojo is talented and can make plays. However, he is lost. Osu game he runs the wrong route at least 2 times which leads to multiple receivers in the same area. In the auburn game, we have a play designed for him to score. One minor problem, he is apparently the only guy on The field that doesn't know it's going to him. Therefore we have an incomplete pass. Next up on a comeback route he comes back and is out of bounds. Yes I know the throw wasn't the greatest, for that matter Dak should have run for the first down, but Rojo didn't even know where he was in relation to the sideline. Athleticism can't overcome not running the right play or doing your job!

Political Hack
09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
It's a learning issue with RoJo. He'll be an NFL guy is he can learn the systems.

Homedawg
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I agree he's got nfl ability. But this is his jr year and we have been in the same system for all 4 of his years! If he cant run a play right that is specifically designed for him, I have my doubts.

maroonmania
09-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Agree, as long as he has been in the program, if he doesn't know his assignments by now he's a lost cause.

smootness
09-17-2013, 11:03 AM
You can't blame him for the sideline throw. The pass was thrown so that there was no way for him to catch it and stay inbounds. It's the QB's job to put that in a spot that will allow the WR to adjust and stay in.

But yes, Dak definitely should have just run that one.

SPMT
09-17-2013, 11:48 AM
For shit sake, running routes is just not that complicated. On a comeback in most systems run 7 steps, chop and comeback.

chef dixon
09-17-2013, 11:48 AM
You can't blame him for the sideline throw. The pass was thrown so that there was no way for him to catch it and stay inbounds. It's the QB's job to put that in a spot that will allow the WR to adjust and stay in.

But yes, Dak definitely should have just run that one.

Could be wrong, but if I remember it seemed that his route just took him out of bounds, regardless of if the throw was wide or not half his body was already out of bounds.

SPMT
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Probably had the wrong split, didn't cut it back shallow enough or threw it too late or dumb play call with the wideout lined up too close to boundary.

Homedawg
09-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Could be wrong, but if I remember it seemed that his route just took him out of bounds, regardless of if the throw was wide or not half his body was already out of bounds.

That's what I saw. I agree that the throw was poor. Bit habit been perfect it wouldn't matter, he had already gone out of bounds. Maybe I'm wrong. But I know he didn't have one feeaking clue he was getting the ball at the 2. Unreal. If he can't get that how can he read coverages on option routes? One answer, he can't.