PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com say that Patterson to Southern Cal a possibility.

Jacksondevildog
07-22-2017, 02:51 PM
(Premium article)

https://usc.rivals.com/news/patterson-to-usc-a-possibility

msstate7
07-22-2017, 02:56 PM
I hope he goes, but he must not know who Sam darnold is. SD > SP

Dawgowar
07-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Would love to see UNM try to deny his release.

Quaoarsking
07-22-2017, 03:00 PM
I hope he goes, but he must not know who Sam darnold is. SD > SP

Agreed that it would be a strange move, but Darnold will be drafted in 2018

JDog13
07-22-2017, 03:12 PM
I heard California as well. I thought it was a juco, but good to know it's D1.

Coursesuper
07-22-2017, 03:15 PM
His family is still in Biloxi living rent free on the bears dime. Also his brother is now playing at SSC not playing for super bear Bobby Hall anymore. I wonder if this stops any transfer.

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 03:18 PM

And Shea has a redshirt year he could still use if needed too.

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 03:19 PM
His family is still in Biloxi living rent free on the bears dime. Also his brother is now playing at SSC not playing for super bear Bobby Hall anymore. I wonder if this stops any transfer.

At some point they will do what is best for him. And being at Ole Miss isn't what's best for him.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Not a terrible move by Patterson if he does it.

- Will go play in a pro style offense

- Gets his redshirt year back

- Get to compete for a nation titles & a bowl game.

Thing is, he needs to do it now. If he waits till after this season, unless the NCAA makes him immediately eligible, he'll miss his window.

basedog
07-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Money Money Money, could be a bidding war***

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 03:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CKbQLiR.jpg

msstate7
07-22-2017, 03:31 PM

True.

msstate7
07-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Not a terrible move by Patterson if he does it.

- Will go play in a pro style offense

- Gets his redshirt year back

- Get to compete for a nation titles & a bowl game.

Thing is, he needs to do it now. If he waits till after this season, unless the NCAA makes him immediately eligible, he'll miss his window.
Speaking of style of offense, will OM run freeze's offense or will Luke or longo attempt to change it somewhat? Will luke give longo free reign?

Coursesuper
07-22-2017, 03:44 PM
At some point they will do what is best for him. And being at Ole Miss isn't what's best for him.

Just saying that , the family is getting payed to live in Biloxi, in a very nice neighborhood. SSC ain't free and is a 45 min drive everyday. They are going to have to get paid in order for them to leave. I'm sure that is a real possibility but for a team just coming of probation this kid throws up red flags everywhere. I hope he goes, without that kid they continue to get weaker.

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Just saying that , the family is getting payed to live in Biloxi, in a very nice neighborhood. SSC ain't free and is a 45 min drive everyday. They are going to have to get paid in order for them to leave. I'm sure that is a real possibility but for a team just coming of probation this kid throws up red flags everywhere. I hope he goes, without that kid they continue to get weaker.

It's a business decision. Keep the house in Biloxi or go somewhere to make millions in the NFL. I imagine he could buy a lot of houses with NFL money.

1bigdawg
07-22-2017, 04:21 PM
So you think that if he goes to USC that the family gets kicked out? All they have to do is tell the NCAA they have been living rent free and it would make it even worse on UNM.

One the big problems UNM has with its alleged pay to play, is that once someone is paid, they can hold it over UNM's head.

JDog13
07-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Go read ShaeShae's mentions on twitter. It's glorious

Percho
07-22-2017, 05:35 PM
As long as Shae doesn't know it does not matter if the parents are paid. I think precedent has been set!

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 05:40 PM
So you think that if he goes to USC that the family gets kicked out? All they have to do is tell the NCAA they have been living rent free and it would make it even worse on UNM.

One the big problems UNM has with its alleged pay to play, is that once someone is paid, they can hold it over UNM's head.

Yea but a drowning man pulls down others with him and if OM goes down death penalty hard they might just leak some details on Shae Shae and the Detroit/Tampa pipe cleaners. Sounds like if the rumors are correct the hookers, OM and Shae all got each other by the balls.

Todd4State
07-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Yea but a drowning man pulls down others with him and if OM goes down death penalty hard they might just leak some details on Shae Shae and the Detroit/Tampa pipe cleaners. Sounds like if the rumors are correct the hookers, OM and Shae all got each other by the balls.

And on that note let's not forget that Shea Patterson was in Tampa when he was being recruited.

RougeDawg
07-22-2017, 06:22 PM
As long as Shae doesn't know it does not matter if the parents are paid. I think precedent has been set!

The only way a player wouldn't know is if they were in a coma the entire time. Hopefully the NCAA has remedied this loophole.

Goldendawg
07-22-2017, 06:54 PM
What about his brother's job at UNM? The NCAA closed this loophole of hiring a player's relatives and/or HS coaches for a couple of years after his signing, right? This rule was written because of UNM kind of like the "Nutt Rule" that you couldn't sign about 45 players a year when Nutt did it. Funny how college sports has new rules related to the out of the box actions brought on by UNM.

RougeDawg
07-22-2017, 07:40 PM
What about his brother's job at UNM? The NCAA closed this loophole of hiring a player's relatives and/or HS coaches for a couple of years after his signing, right? This rule was written because of UNM kind of like the "Nutt Rule" that you couldn't sign about 45 players a year when Nutt did it. Funny how college sports has new rules related to the out of the box actions brought on by UNM.

And limits. Back then you could use donated money for athletic scholarships so Vaught and Bear Bryant set up men's athletic teams to provide more actual football scholarships. There were no limits and these schools has the money. They'd have triple digit rosters so others could not get the better players. They had men's cycling and rowing teams created to circumvent the current scholarship rules of the day. Present day OM is no different than their cheating past. Digital media just speeds up their being caught with their "pants down."

This old thread has some of the info.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?30505-MSU-vs-TSUN-post-Vaught-fun-facts&styleid=2

Goldendawg
07-22-2017, 07:59 PM
You are right on target. Research one of the main reasons Georgia Tech left the SEC. Bama thru the Bear wouldn't agree to scholarship limits, would over sign and then make cuts. GT thought this was wrong and got out. I think bama broke a tie vote to not end this practice.

MeridianDog
07-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Boy, Patterson's time at OM will have been a waste!

Political Hack
07-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Boy, Patterson's time at OM will have been a waste!

Was there ever any doubt about this?

You remember that pro QB Freeze developed?

parabrave
07-22-2017, 10:18 PM

SSC gives scholarships.