PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances we get AJ Brown back?

cheewgumm
07-22-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm saying we get
Him back.

I have 0 inside information.

Bucky Dog
07-22-2017, 11:56 AM
I will speak for ISID: **** that shitbird!

AFDawg
07-22-2017, 11:57 AM

raymond21
07-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Zero. Zero. Zero

DoctorDawg
07-22-2017, 11:58 AM
I will speak for ISID: **** that shitbird!
AGREE

DownwardDawg
07-22-2017, 11:59 AM
There is a ZERO chance he ever plays for State.

HoopsDawg
07-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Several of the people on here will say no, but I would take him in a second.

The more pressing issue is this upcoming season and we need to go after this Oregon WR that was just dismissed. I know he has baggage, that's why he's available. Give me Hodges and this Oregon WR and all of the sudden, we can have a good year.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Here's my honest yet likely unpopular take on the situation:

- Their is zero chance he ever wears MSU's jersey.

- That being said, I don't know the kid but do know people that know him very well. My friend, due to the position he is in, asked AJ straight to his face what he got from OM & AJ told him 315K. That being said, my friend, who has absolutely no bias in this situation, due to being from another part of the country, says that AJ is a really good kid & basically made the point that what reasonable person would turn down $315 K to play college football? He said, if you go around Starkville HS & ask the teachers about AJ, they will tell you that he is a great kid.

That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.

Take that for what it's worth. I want to demonize AJ as well, but my source is a really good authority on this that I trust. Again, he has ZERO bias.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
07-22-2017, 12:04 PM
17 him and the whorse he rode to Oxfart on!!

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Nobody wants AJ

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 12:07 PM

- That being said, I don't know the kid but do know people that know him very well. My friend, due to the position he is in, asked AJ straight to his face what he got from OM & AJ told him 315K. That being said, my friend, who has absolutely no bias in this situation, due to being from another part of the country, says that AJ is a really good kid & basically made the point that what reasonable person would turn down $315 K to play college football? He said, if you go around Starkville HS & ask the teachers about AJ, they will tell you that he is a great kid.

That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.

Take that for what it's worth. I want to demonize AJ as well, but my source is a really good authority on this that I trust. Again, he has ZERO bias.

Well that "good kid" can play on any other team he wants to but it ain't gonna be MSU, **** that shitbird

StoneDawg
07-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Don't want him

Leeshouldveflanked
07-22-2017, 12:10 PM
as my Granny Lula Mae used to say "Piss on 'em"!

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Well that "good kid" can play on any other team he wants to but it ain't gonna be MSU, **** that shitbird

I don't disagree with this.

Saltydog
07-22-2017, 12:12 PM
is NONE! Our coaches wouldn't go there. I think Mullen washed his hands of AJ and I'm thankful. **** AJ Brown. He made that bed, let the mf'er lie in it.

WSOPdawg
07-22-2017, 12:26 PM
is NONE! Our coaches wouldn't go there. I think Mullen washed his hands of AJ and I'm thankful. **** AJ Brown. He made that bed, let the mf'er lie in it.

This ^^^^ I approve of 100%!!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-22-2017, 12:26 PM
There is a guy on Twitter saying his brother plays on OM team and was told that AJ, Shea and Little were all considering transfers if they get a second year bowl ban. Which is going to happen.

JoseBrown
07-22-2017, 12:27 PM

I hope, for his sake then, that he got it up front. I imagine most of that promised money has about dried up by now. If it hasn't it soon will. And 17 that shitbird!

Doggie_Style
07-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Zero.....but it brings up an interesting question, has any player ever worn both a rebel uniform and a State uniform?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
Seriously don't want him!

Dawgology
I think he would be bad for the locker room environment plus we are gaining traction on some good WR's. Let him have his 315k and a series of 3-4 win seasons. He turned his back on his home town and talked shit directly about MSU and the coaching staff publicly. No. That being said there are some good athletes that are actually good people that I would accept at MSU. But I don't have a say in all that.

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2017, 12:31 PM
I've heard through the grapevine he's asked to come play for us and Mullen told him don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Dawgology
07-22-2017, 12:34 PM
I've heard through the grapevine he's asked to come play for us and Mullen told him don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I hope this is true. People forget the shit he talked on twitter and in articles about State and State's coaches.

Steakonastick
07-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Better chance of Jerry Rice catching a pass for msu. Then AJ Brown playing for state

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 12:37 PM
I hope this is true. People forget the shit he talked on twitter and in articles about State and State's coaches.

Most in this thread haven't forgotten

AlmostPositive
07-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Breck Tyler played for both teams back in the 70's

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Never heard of her

dawggoneit
07-22-2017, 12:41 PM
I'd take him then put his butt on the bench for the rest of his college career.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Zero!

But let me address the underlying assertion all of these questions are built on. Some of you think "this 2017 MSU team has deficiencies that would be solved by just one or two transfers". While I understand the fantasy I want to caution you. Yes, I know that Brandon Hodges is supposed to sign any day now and single handily make our OL formidable. But remember Brandon Maye?

One player very seldom changes very much about a team unless they are a QB or star RB. Plus, transferring players can upset locker room morale or delay the development of other players. For every guy that comes in and immediately becomes the starter there were two or three players who were working their arse off for that spot. What I'm saying is avoid the quick fixes. That's what got OM in trouble.

Before there was a Big 3 in 2013 for OM they were grabbing Masoli and any other transfer they could hep. Let Mullen build the team the right way. Our coaching staff is already doing a better job recruiting and the OM fallout is just beginning.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 12:43 PM
If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happening

He wouldn't even be eligible to play here in 2017, so what the downside of making him redshirt & play on the practice squad for a year?

yjnkdawg
07-22-2017, 12:45 PM
He burned bridges with our coaching sfaff and I don't foresee them being built back. I agree with some others.... He can play somwhere else or stay at OM.. His call.

bostondawg
07-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Zero.....but it brings up an interesting question, has any player ever worn both a rebel uniform and a State uniform?

Either Todd4State or Shotgun mentioned a player in reply to something I said in another thread. We've had productive transfers from Ole Miss before.

FWIW, I'm all for taking AJ. I'll take that Oregon receiver too. Long story short: we have the second best head coach in the SEC. Probably a top 5 coaching staff overall. The only piece missing is better talent. Mullen is going into what, his ninth season here? If there's ever been a time to turn the page, it's now, with OM reeling from everything. Pedal to the floor on recruiting, and getting transfers (graduate or otherwise) who bring up the talent in the locker room. Some of these takes will be risky, but I trust Dan to keep the culture solid.

bostondawg
07-22-2017, 12:47 PM
If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happening

This.

It's dumb to suggest, I think, that we are unequivocally not interested in him. If he learned some humility, and would be a good teammate, he can play in Maroon and White. But also agreeing with Shotgun here: don't think that's happening.

TrapGame
07-22-2017, 12:49 PM
He ain't coming to State. He had his chance and burned every bridge in the process.

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2017, 12:50 PM

Breck Tyler, Bob Tyler's son.

HSVDawg
Get him back??? We never even came close to having him in the first place. He was never even considering MSU. Was Bama bound before OM upped the stakes late.

ShotgunDawg
Why wouldn't you guys want a player that could objectively help our team win games?

You guys are too emotional about it. I am as well, but, if he were to redshirt for a year, make amends, be a good teammate, & work hard, I just don't see the downside.

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer

Saltydog
then there was Darius Brown, now head coach at Callaway. He signed with UM out of HS. Left after his frosh year and transferred to JC and then signed w/MSU afterwards. He's not a player but Dudy Noble coached at UM before coming to MSU.

DownwardDawg
07-22-2017, 12:53 PM

Yeah, this is why Shotgun's friend is wrong. This "good kid" acted like a jackass on twitter so no, he's not a good kid. He made the correct college choice. He's a perfect fit in oxford.

bostondawg
07-22-2017, 12:54 PM
EliteDawgs logic:

1) OMG our WR recruiting is so terrible. That's gonna be our Achilles heel this year.

Okay, so what if I told you there was a talented receiver from Starkville who could help us big time? He might need some attitude adjustments, but it's nothing Mullen hasn't dealt with before.

2) Nah, 17 that shitbird.

Addendum: big egos are part of big-time recruiting. And receivers are the worst. If we want to land big-time receivers, this is something we're gonna have to deal with, AJ or not.

WSOPdawg
07-22-2017, 12:55 PM
I think he would be bad for the locker room environment plus we are gaining traction on some good WR's. Let him have his 315k and a series of 3-4 win seasons. He turned his back on his home town and talked shit directly about MSU and the coaching staff publicly. No. That being said there are some good athletes that are actually good people that I would accept at MSU. But I don't have a say in all that.

Agree, and plus I've heard others talking about how his $315k may make him inelligble when the hammer drops. But I question that as to why wouldn't the ncaa have already pulled the plug on his playing career if they were aware of his $315k recruiting inducement.

As a Bulldog, he turned his back on wearing maroon when he chose TCUN so I don't want him now.

HoopsDawg
07-22-2017, 12:56 PM
EliteDawgs logic:

1) OMG our WR recruiting is so terrible. That's gonna be our Achilles heel this year.

Okay, so what if I told you there was a talented receiver from Starkville who could help us big time? He might need some attitude adjustments, but it's nothing Mullen hasn't dealt with before.

2) Nah, 17 that shitbird.

Addendum: big egos are part of big-time recruiting. And receivers are the worst. If we want to land big-time receivers, this is something we're gonna have to deal with, AJ or not.

LOL, exactly.

HSVDawg
07-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Why wouldn't you guys want a player that could objectively help our team win games?

You guys are too emotional about it. I am as well, but, if he were to redshirt for a year, make amends, be a good teammate, & work hard, I just don't see the downside.

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer

Objectively, he is more of a possession receiver that lacks top end speed to get open against the Bama's and LSU's of the world without playing in a Playstation offense that lets you send OL downfield on passing plays and run infinite bubble screens. He also lacks the size to be a guy that can go up and get it like Derunnya or Alshon Jeffrey or someone like that. He is a very good college receiver, but not some elite NFL prospect. He's probably the 3rd best at OM right now, to put it in perspective. Not worth the drama and headaches that he created by himself to let him on the squad. He ain't that good.

ETA: He would have to sit a year in 2018 and wouldn't be able to play until 2019, so the "but we have no receivers!!!!" argument holds no water. We'll have Heath, Murphy, and maybe more guys on board by then.

Covercorner2
07-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Just give me DK Metcalf. He's better anyways.

Mjoelner34
07-22-2017, 01:00 PM
I heard that he actually reached out to us not long ago and was politely told to go 17 himself. I hope this is true.

parabrave
07-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Well tell your friend who to turn in any compliance issues.

LC Dawg
07-22-2017, 01:05 PM
It doesn't really matter what I think so I'll try to take my emotions out of it and just say that I trust Coach Mullen to make the right decision on any transfer who may have some issues. The thing about AJ Brown or any other SEC caliber transfer is that if they don't play for us they will probably play against us.

Percho
07-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Zero!

But let me address the underlying assertion all of these questions are built on. Some of you think "this 2017 MSU team has deficiencies that would be solved by just one or two transfers". While I understand the fantasy I want to caution you. Yes, I know that Brandon Hodges is supposed to sign any day now and single handily make our OL formidable. But remember Brandon Maye?

One player very seldom changes very much about a team unless they are a QB or star RB. Plus, transferring players can upset locker room morale or delay the development of other players. For every guy that comes in and immediately becomes the starter there were two or three players who were working their arse off for that spot. What I'm saying is avoid the quick fixes. That's what got OM in trouble.

Before there was a Big 3 in 2013 for OM they were grabbing Masoli and any other transfer they could hep. Let Mullen build the team the right way. Our coaching staff is already doing a better job recruiting and the OM fallout is just beginning.

This post has reason to it and it is correct.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Well tell your friend who to turn in any compliance issues.

Come on man.

Why would he do that? Why would he care?

To him, a kid got 315K & good for him. He couldn't care less about AJ's football career.

sandwolf
07-22-2017, 01:19 PM
If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happeningThis is pretty much where I stand. We definitely need a player like him. If he was able to come in hat in hand, work hard and earn the respect of the team, then I'd love to see us take him. And I'd hate to see us turn him away and then have him go be a star at Auburn or something like that. All that said, I agree that it's not going to happen.

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 01:21 PM

Other than him being a total bag of shit and cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it nah there's no downside at all to letting the gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit and cancer play for us. Oh and half our team wants to rip his ****ing head off already. Nope no downside at all.

Doggie_Style
07-22-2017, 01:22 PM

Wow I had forgotten about that....his Dad was coach at State

sandwolf
07-22-2017, 01:25 PM
This "good kid" acted like a jackass on twitter so no, he's not a good kid.
Surely your kidding. You're going to pass complete judgement on a high school kid for shooting his mouth off on social media? Unreal.

sandwolf
07-22-2017, 01:27 PM

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer+1

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 01:30 PM
If we are going to add a WR let it be the Oregon starter or bring Fred Brown back. Those two don't have the entire team hating them already and half the fanbase like Ego Bag o Shit & Cancer AJ Brown does.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Other than him being a total bag of shit and cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it nah there's no downside at all to letting the gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit and cancer play for us. Oh and half our team wants to rip his ****ing head off already. Nope no downside at all.

I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.

sandwolf
07-22-2017, 01:43 PM
I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.Ehh, I'm a huge State fan and I wouldn't turn down $315k to play at State for free.

TUSK
07-22-2017, 01:48 PM
I'd take a reincarnation of Gene Jelks or Cam Newton or Peyton Manning if I thought they'd act right and help my team...

BossDawg
07-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Do.

Not.

Want.

He can go kick rocks somewhere.

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-22-2017, 01:51 PM
He is he exact same played as Treadwell. Unless our entire passing game is gonna be bubble screans and go routes, he would be lost. When the Vikings tried to run the route tree with Treadwell, he had zero clue what what was.

As far as attitude, this kid shit on our university in Starkville. On signing day. In front of everyone. Tells me all I need to know. And if he came to Msu he would have all the same impact as BJ Hammond. Including getting his ass whipped at practice daily. Didn't want him in recruiting. Don't want him now. Send him down and let Hud have that headache

West Tn Dawg
07-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Hell no!!!!! It would kill team chemistry if we brought him in and played him ahead of the guys we recruited and wanted to be here.
I would rather lose with our guys than win with there's!!!!

DownwardDawg
07-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Surely your kidding. You're going to pass complete judgement on a high school kid for shooting his mouth off on social media? Unreal.

Some of us pick up on things much quicker than others.

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 01:54 PM

I'll judge Shitbag off of what I saw, read, heard, interpreted myself with my own eyes/ears/brain and what I saw is a gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit & cancer. If he is feeling sorry for himself go play minor league baseball for the Padres or go to a different school where the team and half the fanbase doesn't already hate his guts. It's not like we didn't try to warn him a thousand times over. Had he taken his 315K and been humble and polite towards State fans, players and even our HC that I would have no problems welcoming him in. He didn't do that at all though. Dude was talking shit about Mullen on top of all the other shit he was saying about our fans and some of our players. He is not welcome on this team ever.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 02:01 PM
This thread explains why you can't let fans and boosters run a program by remote control. OM was taking every merc and renegade transfer they could get their slimey hands on and now they are paying the price. If you're value system says "win at all costs" soon you will have to pay the cost.

maroonmania
07-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Boy, this attitude is so much of what is wrong with our American culture today. I mean a guy that just accepts a full ride scholarship plus his stipend to play for the school he wants to play for and turns down 315K from another school that is recruiting him against the rules, and oh that by the way already has an NCAA NOA in hand, is considered "dumb"? There are things like honor, ethics and values that factor in for some people's decisions in life, a shame that they are so few and far between these days. The real pot of gold for a highly ranked recruit is finding a place that can make him into an attractive pro prospect. Its no coincidence that a lot of the guys selling themselves to the highest bidder have the character of a CJ Johnson or an AJ Brown.

Johnson85
07-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Zero!

Ummmm...no. Brandon maye didn't make a difference because he wasn't good. Like a lot of grad transfers, he was transferring for playing time. A good LB would have plugged a huge hole for us that year. Brandon hodges is the same deal, except whereas we always have an adequate lb to plung in, we may not at right tackle, and he should be at least adequate.

You take an above average talent and use that to replace the weak link on a team, especially teams in the top 12-30, who often have one glaring weakness, and that will make a huge difference for them.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Boy, this attitude is so much of what is wrong with our American culture today. I mean a guy that just accepts a full ride scholarship plus his stipend to play for the school he wants to play for and turns down 315K from another school that is recruiting him against the rules, and oh that by the way already has an NCAA NOA in hand, is considered "dumb"? There are things like honor, ethics and values that factor in for some people's decisions in life, a shame that they are so few and far between these days. The real pot of gold for a highly ranked recruit is finding a place that can make him into an attractive pro prospect. Its no coincidence that a lot of the guys selling themselves to the highest bidder have the character of a CJ Johnson or an AJ Brown.

Not disagreeing with you at all, but that's the reality of the situation from impartial, non-biased people

Quaoarsking
07-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Luke 15:21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
Luke 15:22 And the father replied, ‘GTFO of here shitbird - you had your chance and blew it,’ and he never heard from the son again.

Pollodawg
07-22-2017, 02:27 PM
AJ burnt his bridge. He knows that, and so do we.

gravedigger
07-22-2017, 03:09 PM

It's not that the take is unpopular, it's that it's implausible . I'm not polyannish enough to say he only got a few bucks either. The 315 k figure should have tipped you off that your friend was being teased or was teasing you.

AJ's personality is a match with the culture around the om football program for the last 3 years. What he got improperly is certainly a matter of discussion, but those of us near him in Starkville knew that he did genuinely like the idea of playing there.

He wanted to go there. Of course that has nothing to do with what OM did to entice him.

Bodaski
07-22-2017, 03:37 PM

I don't believe for 1 minute OM paid his ass $315,000. I'm like Cruise, "Show me the money"

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2017, 03:41 PM
I don't believe for 1 minute OM paid his ass $315,000. I'm like Cruise, "Show me the money"

That's AJ's words Timmy buddy. Not mine

lamont
07-22-2017, 03:53 PM

Breck Tyler also got broken in half by Rob Fesmire in the Egg Bowl

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Ummmm...no. Brandon maye didn't make a difference because he wasn't good. Like a lot of grad transfers, he was transferring for playing time. A good LB would have plugged a huge hole for us that year. Brandon hodges is the same deal, except whereas we always have an adequate lb to plung in, we may not at right tackle, and he should be at least adequate.

You take an above average talent and use that to replace the weak link on a team, especially teams in the top 12-30, who often have one glaring weakness, and that will make a huge difference for them.

What happens when the entire team is pissed off because they actually had faith in that 2nd team WR and they begin the believe that the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them and will sell them out for the next hot transfer? If we were talking about widgets in a factory I would agree. But we are talking about young men who can be emotional. Recruit and develop is the way to go. Free agents seldom succeed in CFB.

maroonmania
07-22-2017, 04:28 PM
What happens when the entire team is pissed off because they actually had faith in that 2nd team WR and they begin the believe that the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them and will sell them out for the next hot transfer? If we were talking about widgets in a factory I would agree. But we are talking about young men who can be emotional. Recruit and develop is the way to go. Free agents seldom succeed in CFB.

Well when you go into the season with only 78 scholarship players you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to start with. You can tell a grad transfer whatever he wants to hear but when push comes to shove during the season you are going to play the best guy.

Dawg50
07-22-2017, 04:33 PM
He ain't coming to State. He had his chance and burned every bridge in the process.

Why wouldn't they, facing the program as it is now. They will now spin the new interim coach into a great fit, and he very well may be, while they quietly feel out every available big name in America. I wonder if they will have the same superstar search committee that found Coach Freeze ?

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Well when you go into the season with only 78 scholarship players you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to start with. You can tell a grad transfer whatever he wants to hear but when push comes to shove during the season you are going to play the best guy.

And then he goes and tells everyone he can that the coaches are lying sacks of sh!t. And if he is really feeling vengeful about a program that lied to him about his limited amount of college eligibility he might even allow his playbook to get lost and be found by some other team.

Being shady isn't the way. OM tried that experiment and we are looking at the results. Keep taking HS and JuCo kids with the best blend of talent and character that you can get. Coach them up the best you can and be content with your work and your impact on young men's lives. "Life champions" if you will.**** ijk

DownwardDawg
07-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Luke 15:21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
Luke 15:22 And the father replied, ‘GTFO of here shitbird - you had your chance and blew it,’ and he never heard from the son again.

I'm sorry and I know its wrong, but this made me laugh......a lot.

MedDawg
07-22-2017, 04:39 PM
then there was Darius Brown, now head coach at Callaway. He signed with UM out of HS. Left after his frosh year and transferred to JC and then signed w/MSU afterwards. He's not a player but Dudy Noble coached at UM before coming to MSU.

We had a baseball player a few (or several) years ago who transferred from OM to State. Played decent for us and I think played well against OM.

sandwolf
07-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Luke 15:22 And the father replied, ‘GTFO of here shitbird - you had your chance and blew it,’ and he never heard from the son again.Haha, I lol'd.

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 05:38 PM

The only thing AJ will play is baseball when this mess is over. There is much to this story. Coach Mullen knows the story also.... He should never be allowed to play college D1 ball... His career should be over.... if the NCAA did there job correctly. Signing day 2016 at SHS was nasty. He tweeted tweets that where uncalled for and just plain dumb. Was even called into the office concerning the mess. For a young man to post that "the white girls at Om are more beautiful than at MSU" (paraphrased). I lost all respect for him.. and that post was mild compared to some others. He was at OM the weekend before signing day. So why doesn't the NCAA ask him about the parties...... FYI- He had never stepped foot on the campus at OM before..... If Dan takes him at MSU. I will have a long conversation with Mr. BB in compliance for sure.... :(

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe some of you are full fledged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQfcG-eimk

MSU is not as pathetic and as unattractive as these three and doesn't need to beg a mediocre recruit from our hometown to come play for us.

(I am not responsible for this song being stuck in your head.)

Statecoachingblows**
07-22-2017, 05:57 PM
He wasn't worth that much then, and he isn't worth the headache now.
Quaoarsking...AWESOME POST!

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 06:01 PM

You should have been on the inside at SHS.... It was nasty and he had to be called into the office.....

Dawg61
07-22-2017, 06:06 PM
You should have been on the inside at SHS.... It was nasty and he had to be called into the office.....

Spill it no PM please so the few that want him here will quickly reverse that decision

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Spill it no PM please so the few that want him here will quickly reverse that decision

The things he said about Coach Mullen, MSU, other Coaches and the children with in the high school.. It was bad... His actions caused a division in the student body at the school and caused many students to turn against him. What he said and his actions are not those that are except-able to fans, boosters, team mates, and coaches of MSU. We do not need the rift-raft of him nor his dad. He was called into the office and was told to stop with the downing of MSU and the others who had signed with MSU. I was under the impression that he was a good student -- now I wonder, since his name was not on the freshman honor roll.... just saying.....

Goldendawg
07-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Remember Masoli, Stringfellow, Hartsfield, Machine Gun, Bo, etc. Who was it that probably had a coach watching the "troubled college waiver wire" daily to give these type players a second chance? The Oregon WR was already given a second chance there and blew it. I know Jackie had trouble recruiting HS athletes his last couple of years due to the way another school helping in the NCAA on-going investigation, but it caused trouble with the under-classmen who had worked hard when we brought in about 21 JC "All- Americans" one of his last years and plugging many right in as starters. An article in the old "Dawg's Bite" magazine quoted a JC All-American from Kansaa as saying "I knew we were in trouble when I was going to start the first game of the season and didn't know half my teammates's names" No to the helppin bidness and No to the Oregon WR and A J and any other player with a TSUN attitude!

Pollodawg
07-22-2017, 06:40 PM
The things he said about Coach Mullen, MSU, other Coaches and the children with in the high school.. It was bad... His actions caused a division in the student body at the school and caused many students to turn against him. What he said and his actions are not those that are except-able to fans, boosters, team mates, and coaches of MSU. We do not need the rift-raft of him nor his dad. He was called into the office and was told to stop with the downing of MSU and the others who had signed with MSU. I was under the impression that he was a good student -- now I wonder, since his name was not on the freshman honor roll.... just saying.....

I've heard that about him too.

bobtail bob
07-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Let him stay where he is and enjoy the big highlight of hs life. With the way he and his family is, all that is left of his oxford adventure will be the pringle stain next to the place he sits on his barney provided furniture most days doing nothing. He will be an afterthought in a couple of years.

Goldendawg
07-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Hasn't there been rumors on this board that A J may have lied to the NCAA and could have eligibility issues in the future?

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 06:58 PM
There is an evil part of me that wants to see the day when guys who took money to go to ole miss turn on their program and say that it was a bad decision and ruined their chance at the NFL. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. But stranger things have happened in Oxford.

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2017, 07:01 PM
There is an evil part of me that wants to see the day when guys who took money to go to ole miss turn on their program and say that it was a bad decision and ruined their chance at the NFL. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. But stranger things have happened in Oxford.

1. AJ along with the others should never be allowed to play D1 ball -- game over
2. Yes, it has been rumored for over a year that AJ along with his dad lied to the NCAA
3. Why is dear ole dad looking for another place for his son to play ball????

Dawgology
07-22-2017, 07:26 PM

It's weird then. He tells our coaches he's about to commit to us then pulls a switcheroo on them. Then over the next 6 months mocks starkville, MSU, and MSU coaches openly in article and on twitter.

I know that you have heard what you did but we all also witnessed these actions as they were done publicly. I know A LOT of good kids who don't act like that and would never...even if they chose to go to another school. Most often our actions define who we are really as opposed to what we like to say we are.

Doggie_Style
07-22-2017, 07:36 PM
I guess having kids that played college sports makes me wary of kids coming in from 'outside''. Put yourself in Couch or Todd or any of our Wr's shoes, these kids have done the right thing, worked their asses of and some of us would consider bringing a friggin reb in to take their spot......fu** that!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-22-2017, 07:56 PM
It's like getting turned down by a woman, she goes away, gets an STD and then tries to gauge your interest. No thanks!!!