PDA

View Full Version : Denial ain't just a river in Egypt

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2017, 11:02 AM
The Shitbirds are completely delusional right now. Their media surrogates are tossing out Chip Kelly as a potential HC candidate. They're pushing the narrative that Kelly will use the situation to get an ironclad, guaranteed contract with everything he wants.

The truth: Kelly isn't touching their job. Neither will Miles or Kiffin, the two other names they're pushing. Kelly & Miles will have offers from blue blood schools on the table just by waiting until November-January. There's no way they're going to a school about to be radioactive and on a de facto death penalty for the next decade.

As for Kiffin, coach FAU for 1-2 years, do a good job, move on to a bigger school. Hell, aTm may be in play for him after the upcoming season. Makes no sense for him to move to the Shitbirds right now, either.

Shitbirds just can't accept the reality of what's coming their way.

1bigdawg
07-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Miles really wants a P5 job and couldn't get one last season. Depending on the actual sanctions and the potential contract, I could see him looking at it.

With all the other names they are just whistling Dixie....

Jack Lambert
07-22-2017, 11:17 AM
For ole miss to get that caliber coach with the shit storm they are facing would take Saban kind of money.

ckDOG
07-22-2017, 11:18 AM
No decent candidate will consider until sanctions are known. They could throw some money at somebody very early in their career that isn't ready - that's about it.

LC Dawg
07-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Kiffin may be interested but he would demand a clause in his contract that stated hookers can't get him fired.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2017, 11:44 AM
They are the only fanbase that could surmise that 2 NOAs with 21 level violations plus a former coach, a lawsuit from a former coach against the university for defamation, and the HC getting publicly ridiculed for calling hookers on his school phone equals..........a coaching upgrade.

http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-strip-tease-prank.gif

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2017, 11:59 AM
For ole miss to get that caliber coach with the shit storm they are facing would take Saban kind of money.

Saban money wouldn't do it. It isn't about money for the caliber of coach they're talking about. It's about being able to win at the top level. They wouldn't be able to do that at UNM for a decade.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2017, 12:01 PM
No decent candidate will consider until sanctions are known. They could throw some money at somebody very early in their career that isn't ready - that's about it.

This. And once sanctions are known, they'll be crippled for a decade. No quality coach will touch that job. I think the best case for them is a retread like Derek Dooley. And that's best case. More likely, they have to gamble on a coordinator from Bumfrack U who's been coaching 8 months.

dotcomdawg
07-22-2017, 12:10 PM
No decent candidate will consider until sanctions are known. They could throw some money at somebody very early in their career that isn't ready - LIKE THEY DID WITH HUGH FREEZE.

fixed it for you

they've been there and done that. hope they do it again.

Dawgology
07-22-2017, 12:33 PM
No legitimate coach will touch this job for the next 5-7 years. Period.

No coach looking for a stepping stone will touch this job. It's TOXIC RADIOACTIVE right now. Period.

They will have to hope they have an interim coach left after NCAA sanctions or make a Croom type hire. That is their two options. No amount of money will get a legitimate coach or up-and-comer. Not for 5-7 years.

lamont
07-22-2017, 02:08 PM
Matt Luke is going to be their HC for awhile I believe. He will allow The Network to continue to do their thing. No other coach is going to allow it

somebodyshotmypaw
07-22-2017, 02:20 PM
This would be the most Ole Miss thing to do:

Commit the worst and most NCAA violations since SMU, then hire a coach (Chip Kelly) whose last college coaching job resulted in a show cause.

Coursesuper
07-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Matt Luke is going to be their HC for awhile I believe. He will allow The Network to continue to do their thing. No other coach is going to allow it

Exactly, that's why he's still there. No one seems to be able to wrap their head around the fact that nobody actually employed by the university is in charge up there. The ones in oxford are just there to handle the day to day stuff and smile and eat shit on camera when they have to.

I seen it dawg
07-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Which is best case scenario. They won't ever hire anyone they can't control.