PDA

View Full Version : BUY OR SELL: Ole Miss' Defense Will Give Up > 35 Points PG This Year?

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2017, 06:25 PM
With recent developments, their roster, & SEC QB play being up across the board this year, I think OM may field a historically bad defense this year.

They'll say all the right things early & they'll come out pumped up in the first game or two, but, at the first sign of adversity, Luke making a bad decision, or a bad play being called, they'll fold over like a cheap tent.

Last year they gave up an SEC worst 34 points per game.

Do this give up >35 points per game this year?

I buy

Here is my prediction of points scored by the opposition:

South AL - 17 - They'll come out pumped
TN Martin - 13 - TN Martin Sucks
Cal - 38 - Road game & no fan support to motivate
Alabama - 49 - I may be light. This could be 60+
Auburn - 51 - Same as Bama
Vanderbilt - 27 - They'll slam it down their ass after OM plays Bama & Auburn on back to back weeks
LSU - 36 - Guice vs the LBs :eek:
Arkansas - 45 - Same song different year
Kentucky - 38
Louisiana La - 32
Texas A&M - 36 - Not confident here. A&M may score 12
Mississippi State - 48

That equals 35.8 points per game.

What say you?

Reason2succeed
07-21-2017, 06:35 PM
I don't think you're giving Cal and Vandy enough credit. Hud will score more too. He may be auditioning for the job.

DeputyDawg94
07-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Buy

Jack Lambert
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
They will lose to Vandy and Cal. This season is a wash. With Freeze on side line they had a real good chance to be cal and would have. Vandy is always a tough out for the Rebs.

Gutter Cobreh
07-21-2017, 07:35 PM
I'd buy that all day long. Their defense is going to be atrocious.

AlmostPositive
07-21-2017, 08:32 PM
Rebels' gonna win 'em all for Coach Luke!

Seriously, they may not even have a team by mid-November.

MeridianDog
07-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Yes they will. This will not be a year of good things for OM. It would not surprise me to see them only win two games. If someone told me Alabama would lay 70 points on them Auburn and MSU 48 I would say yes. A&M will do all they can, whatever that means is beyond my ability to guess. LSU will hurt them. If there are 2 minutes left and LSU has 35 points on UM, they will go for it.

I guess I can't see anyone cutting them any slack. It will be a bad year.

Next year will be even worse

HSVDawg
07-22-2017, 12:05 AM
With recent developments, their roster, & SEC QB play being up across the board this year, I think OM may field a historically bad defense this year.

They'll say all the right things early & they'll come out pumped up in the first game or two, but, at the first sign of adversity, Luke making a bad decision, or a bad play being called, they'll fold over like a cheap tent.

Last year they gave up an SEC worst 34 points per game.

Do this give up >35 points per game this year?

I buy

Here is my prediction of points scored by the opposition:

South AL - 17 - They'll come out pumped
TN Martin - 13 - TN Martin Sucks
Cal - 38 - Road game & no fan support to motivate
Alabama - 49 - I may be light. This could be 60+
Auburn - 51 - Same as Bama
Vanderbilt - 27 - They'll slam it down their ass after OM plays Bama & Auburn on back to back weeks
LSU - 36 - Guice vs the LBs :eek:
Arkansas - 45 - Same song different year
Kentucky - 38
Louisiana La - 32
Texas A&M - 36 - Not confident here. A&M may score 12
Mississippi State - 48

That equals 35.8 points per game.

What say you?

It will be identical to John L Smith at Arkansas. Except maybe worse. They'll definitely be awful defensively. Offense will also be lackluster without Freeze there. Longo ain't worth a damn. It was always going to be Freeze's offense.

TUSK
07-22-2017, 12:37 AM
Nick may score 70, by accident....

but, with my luck, we may actually start running the ball and only score 50.... sigh