PDA

View Full Version : Troy is an opportunity for redemption and hope

FlabLoser
09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Troy is a classic test for what gave us trouble this year. They run a high tempo offense that gave us fits all last year.

We did a great job slowing down OSU. Nobody on the planet predicted we would hold them to 21 point. Not even the wooliest MSU fan thought that could happen.

Let's see if we can do that again this week. Keeping two notorious high tempo offenses in check would be cause for hope.

NOW...can the offense find some consistency? Let's see how Dakota performs in the 2nd start of his career. I think there will be substantial improvement from start 1 to start 2. Its almost as if last week was really week 1 for our offense.

SignalToNoise
09-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Does the Alcorn start not count?

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Couldn't agree more... I want to see us be exremely physical and punish them for stepping on the field

bocfarm
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
38-20 Good guys

engie
09-17-2013, 09:51 AM
You are correct, it will be a pretty good test...3 of the first 4 are hurry up spread teams...

One thing I've seen thusfar is that it seems this defense is set up to have success against teams that are lining up and trying to pound the rock...

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
You are correct, it will be a pretty good test...3 of the first 4 are hurry up spread teams...

One thing I've seen thusfar is that it seems this defense is set up to have success against teams that are lining up and trying to pound the rock...

I wouldn't say that just yet... We'll see after the LSU game

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
It will be nice, but I don't see it as a big deal. Mullen is going to have to upset a team to go bowling.