PDA

View Full Version : I really wish we would drop the get rid of the HC talk 3 games into the season....

maroonmania
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I mean come on, we ARE 3 GAMES into the season. Am I happy with what I've seen over the last 9 game span? Absolutely not but we all knew that even beyond our offensive playcalling and other coaching hiccups we've seen this year that it was still going to be another 1 to 2 years before our program really had the potential to start rolling under Mullen because, let's face it, the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes were not very good and I think Mullen and staff learned some hard recruiting lessons those couple of years. This coaching change talk is starting to totally permeate this board and SPS and I'm afraid its just going to do a LOT more harm than good. Players and recruits read the MSU boards and at least one recruit's Father reads this board and I think we just shoot ourselves in the foot when we keep this endless loop of trying to justify why a coaching change is needed. Last weekend was not good but at least we were there at the end with the chance to win which was a great improvement over the OSU game and the 5 double digit losses to end last season. And we did it in a tough place to play with a TON of youngs guys playing all over the field that I DON'T want to see start quitting on us. Geez, I'm anything but a polyanna optimist but we need to give this a rest, there is a ton of season left to play and I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. And there will be plenty of time toward the end of the season to start evaluating if the program is still heading in a positive direction or not. I think most of us knew coming into this season with this horrific schedule laid out that 7-5 was about the best we could hope for to start with. I mean the 2 teams we've lost to are currently 6-0 combined so its not like we've lost to the little sisters of the poor. Most of the kind of talk I've seen the past 2 days on the MSU boards would be more like what I would expect if we lose THIS coming weekend, which would be unacceptable. Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

FlabLoser
09-17-2013, 09:00 AM
All this panic is why the word "fan" is short for "fanatical".

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 09:01 AM
+10

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Add the "fanatical" part to some of the lowest IQ fans in the country, and you get the shitstorm that is brewing now.

cheewgumm
09-17-2013, 09:26 AM
It would seem this way. However I bet in reality we are the most patient Fanbase in The SEC.

I mean come on, we ARE 3 GAMES into the season. Am I happy with what I've seen over the last 9 game span? Absolutely not but we all knew that even beyond our offensive playcalling and other coaching hiccups we've seen this year that it was still going to be another 1 to 2 years before our program really had the potential to start rolling under Mullen because, let's face it, the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes were not very good and I think Mullen and staff learned some hard recruiting lessons those couple of years. This coaching change talk is starting to totally permeate this board and SPS and I'm afraid its just going to do a LOT more harm than good. Players and recruits read the MSU boards and at least one recruit's Father reads this board and I think we just shoot ourselves in the foot when we keep this endless loop of trying to justify why a coaching change is needed. Last weekend was not good but at least we were there at the end with the chance to win which was a great improvement over the OSU game and the 5 double digit losses to end last season. And we did it in a tough place to play with a TON of youngs guys playing all over the field that I DON'T want to see start quitting on us. Geez, I'm anything but a polyanna optimist but we need to give this a rest, there is a ton of season left to play and I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. And there will be plenty of time toward the end of the season to start evaluating if the program is still heading in a positive direction or not. I think most of us knew coming into this season with this horrific schedule laid out that 7-5 was about the best we could hope for to start with. I mean the 2 teams we've lost to are currently 6-0 combined so its not like we've lost to the little sisters of the poor. Most of the kind of talk I've seen the past 2 days on the MSU boards would be more like what I would expect if we lose THIS coming weekend, which would be unacceptable. Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2013, 09:32 AM
message boards only reflect a fraction of the total fan base ... and probably the more passionate fan than average ... whoever is reading needs to remember this

Coach34
09-17-2013, 09:32 AM
All this is happening because way too many of our fans are infected with Little Brother Syndrome. Freezus turning OM around has stirred up LBS in our fanbase like the Plague. It has really become ridiculous.

maroonmania
09-17-2013, 09:33 AM
It would seem this way. However I bet in reality we are the most patient Fanbase in The SEC.

In the past we have sometimes been too patient but over the past several years, with some limited success, our expectations have been raised and patience has been lowered. I think many, including myself, are seeing a real possibility of a losing season this year and that's got some folks in panic mode. BUT we still have at least the possibility of beating both Ark and OM OR pulling a game out along the way somehow that we currently don't think we have much chance to win.

SnakePlissken
09-17-2013, 09:39 AM
All this is happening because way too many of our fans are infected with Little Brother Syndrome. Freezus turning OM around has stirred up LBS in our fanbase like the Plague. It has really become ridiculous.I wonder how long before we see our QB commits jump ship because our fans want their future head coach fired right now? We know that Elijah's dad posts/reads here.

Ronny
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
..for the no-nothings & ignoramuses to Google college coaches & come up with a name they know nothing about, but can use a messageboard to act like an expert.

So yes, it is infuriating. But you must realize if we were 3-0 there is a still segment of nitwits that would be calling for Mullen's head because he is a yankee, or because Dan ignored them in Denny's Tuesday night.

It's funny to think the typical MSU fan knows shit about coaching hires.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Is there anything wrong with raising our expectations for the program? It sure beats having no expectations like most of the last decade.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-17-2013, 09:44 AM
All this is happening because way too many of our fans are infected with Little Brother Syndrome. Freezus turning OM around has stirred up LBS in our fanbase like the Plague. It has really become ridiculous.

What's stirring me up is that we are going to miss a bowl game this year. I don't care how Ole Miss is doing.

Hypnodawg
09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Its not 3 games into the season, its 2 wins in our last 9 games. One of those coming against Alcorn. We are 1 for 8 in games that anyone gives a damn about. ONE for our last EIGHT! That is horrid and no fan base in the country should accept this.

We have lost to Bama, TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss, NW, OSU, and Auburn. In that time we have beat Arkansas. If you think we should just accept that we should only win 1 in 8 BCS games, perhaps you think we should just drop down to the SWAC? That seems to be the only place this team can "Compete for championships". People usually say "stop accepting mediocrity". You seem to be saying "Aim for mediocrity".

Coach34
09-17-2013, 09:50 AM
I wonder how long before we see our QB commits jump ship because our fans want their future head coach fired right now? We know that Elijah's dad posts/reads here.

Yep- he just watched Mullen run the offense featuring the QB like he should- and half the fans want him fired.

Hypnodawg
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Yep- he just watched Mullen run the offense featuring the QB like he should for 3 quarters- and half the fans want him fired.

you forgot that part

DownwardDawg
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Its not 3 games into the season, its 2 wins in our last 9 games. One of those coming against Alcorn. We are 1 for 8 in games that anyone gives a damn about. ONE for our last EIGHT! That is horrid and no fan base in the country should accept this.

We have lost to Bama, TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss, NW, OSU, and Auburn. In that time we have beat Arkansas. If you think we should just accept that we should only win 1 in 8 BCS games, perhaps you think we should just drop down to the SWAC? That seems to be the only place this team can "Compete for championships". People usually say "stop accepting mediocrity". You seem to be saying "Aim for mediocrity".

I would love mediocrity right now.

Hypnodawg
09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I would love mediocrity right now.

So would I, and that is sad.

cheewgumm
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
This comment is right on. I'll admit at the does have some effect on the way I perceive this. It does concern me where we are in relation to Ole Miss because it's important.

However we need a poll to find out how many people actually want Dan fired. I'm not to the point of firing but there is reason for concern. I think in reality most of our fans do not want to fire Mullen right now. But they should be pissed. We have to compete with Auburn Arkansas and Ole Miss. We cant go to an Auburn team ,like this, that we should beat, and lose like this.

I think mullen is really smart and will turn this around and he has the mind to do it. But he has to show that same creativity and drive that he had when he first got here. I want that Mullen, aNd I think most of our fans do.

Dannyripms
09-17-2013, 10:18 AM
man your an idiot. he had all year to change what we saw last year. the offense has steadily been going down. can you sit here and honestly say that you didn't see that last year? then why would someone who gets paid 3million a year and their sole job is to get the most out of this team not fix it? maybe because he's just not that great of a coach. sure we won against alcorn st. and other crap teams to pad our record, im not happy with that. I want us to compete with bama, lsu. notice I said compete, not get blown out by them.

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 10:51 AM
"All this is happening because way too many of our fans are infected with Little Brother Syndrome. Freezus turning OM around has stirred up LBS in our fanbase like the Plague. It has really become ridiculous."

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!