PDA

View Full Version : Why our fans suck - some quotes from social media:

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 08:35 AM
"I listened to his speech five years ago about recruiting and competing for championships. OM has out recruited us and we are NOT competitive. His record is 0-for vs ranked teams. Co0aching lost the game vs Auburn on Saturday."

"Jeremiah Short wrote a good article that will help explain my earlier post. In summary, MSU has 10 win talent, 33 possible NFL players, but a 6 win coach."

"Fire mullen and all his coaches!"

"Mullen has never won against a team that has won more than 7 games in a season other than Michigan. All of his wins are against teams with losing records and 6-6 teams. Not even competitive in most losses and never wins a close one because he gets out coached."

Yes, we have the dumbest fanbase in the country. Bar none.

Dannyripms
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
? So just because they don't agree with you they suck? All that is is reality, he hasn't won crap and we do have talent. HE did get out coaches and its not the first time either.

mparkerfd20
09-17-2013, 08:49 AM
"I listened to his speech five years ago about recruiting and competing for championships. OM has out recruited us and we are NOT competitive. His record is 0-for vs ranked teams. Co0aching lost the game vs Auburn on Saturday."

"Jeremiah Short wrote a good article that will help explain my earlier post. In summary, MSU has 10 win talent, 33 possible NFL players, but a 6 win coach."

"Fire mullen and all his coaches!"

"Mullen has never won against a team that has won more than 7 games in a season other than Michigan. All of his wins are against teams with losing records and 6-6 teams. Not even competitive in most losses and never wins a close one because he gets out coached."

Yes, we have the dumbest fanbase in the country. Bar none.

I guess it's too bad you can't actually dispute ANY of those claims so instead you just label them dumb. That's about par for the course.

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 08:58 AM
We beat a 9 win OM team ranked #25 in '09
We beat a 8 win Fla team ranked #22 in the swamp in '10

State fans need to stop being so damn pessimistic... I realize that being a State fan hasn't given much room for optimism, but the worst thing we as a fan base could do 3 games into the season is give up... I was mad as hell Saturday night, but we all need to show up Saturday night and show our team we are still behind them... We need to blow Troy out Saturday night and go into the BYE week on a positive note... I can't wait for this weekend to be up in God's Country... Perfect football weather as of now... High 76 Low 61

fishwater99
09-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Mullen hasn't beaten a Top 20 team... EVER !!!

His last win over a BCS team with a winning record was Michigan... He has peaked at STATE, it's over....

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I think we found out who some of these idiot posters are.

It's fine if you want a new coach. But you can't make up your own damn facts to support it. It makes you look like an idiot. And when you defend those non-facts, it makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

fishwater99
09-17-2013, 09:05 AM

It's fine if you want a new coach. But you can't make up your own damn facts to support it. It makes you look like an idiot. And when you defend those non-facts, it makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

I just quoted two facts!!! Please feel free to disprove with links...

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
fishwater, my comment about making up your own facts referred to my original post containing made-up facts and the two posters who defended the non-facts.

Nothing in your post is untrue and I would never claim they weren't.

Dannyripms
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
who made up facts? wasn't me, he got out coached sat night and gets out coached most of the time when we play decent teams. that's a fact also

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
These were the bolded portions of the statements I provided:

- His record is 0-for vs ranked teams
- MSU has 10 win talent
- Mullen has never won against a team that has won more than 7 games in a season

To this you stated:

"So just because they don't agree with you they suck? All that is is reality"

So you believe the claim that Mullen has never beaten a ranked team is reality? You believe Mullen has never beaten a team who has won more than 7 games in a season? You believe the claim that we have 10-win talent is reality?

Like I said, we have some really stupid fans.

mparkerfd20
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM

You're the damn idiot in this thread since all you've done is attack people's intellect that differ in opinion with you without refuting anything. I didn't post any of those statements to twitter, but at the same time the truth hurts. Do I want Mullen gone right now? NO! But I have lost a lot of confidence in him. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't and this petty bickering within the fanbase isn't solving anything. Either we all support the coach and hold him accountable for this crap or we take the woe is us attitude. I for one haven't completely given up on the season yet. We have talent that can hang with most everybody except Bama... We've lose 2 games so far... one of which we shouldn't have, but all hope is not lost... yet.

Lose to Troy then I reserve the right to change my mind.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-17-2013, 09:56 AM
We beat a 9 win OM team ranked #25 in '09
We beat a 8 win Fla team ranked #22 in the swamp in '10

State fans need to stop being so damn pessimistic... I realize that being a State fan hasn't given much room for optimism, but the worst thing we as a fan base could do 3 games into the season is give up... I was mad as hell Saturday night, but we all need to show up Saturday night and show our team we are still behind them... We need to blow Troy out Saturday night and go into the BYE week on a positive note... I can't wait for this weekend to be up in God's Country... Perfect football weather as of now... High 76 Low 61

Yay! So we beat a ranked team three seasons ago!

DownwardDawg
09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Yay! So we beat a ranked team three seasons ago!

Whoop whoop!!!!

hometowndawg
09-17-2013, 10:06 AM
You gave Jshort credit in one of your quotes. You immediately lose all credibility in my book.

yes I realize it was a quote. who cares?

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 10:37 AM
You are welcome to any opinion you want. However, you are not entitled to your own version of fact. When you state:

"I guess it's too bad you can't actually dispute ANY of those claims so instead you just label them dumb."

In response to several MISTATEMENTS of fact, I really don't know what else to say. Except that you prove my point.

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Who gave JShort credit? Me? Or the idiot whose quote I copied and pasted as an example?

I'm starting to think this is over y'all's head.

hometowndawg
09-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I said I realized it was a quote. But you still chose to use that quote to try to prove your point, which now that I am thinking about it, What was your point...

RougeDawg
09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Losing is never acceptable but in an inevitable part of sports. What is truly unacceptable is for us to continue to lose games where we are the more talented team, yet we keep getting out coached. I think this is the biggest issue amongst the fan base at the moment. We shouldn't have lost the Egg Bowl, Gator Bowl, and this past Saturday at Auburn. We were more talented than all of those teams between the sidelines, yet we keep getting beat by those on the sidelines. This is what most clear minded supporters see. It is frustrating to keep pouring all of our money, miles driven, hotel rooms, season tickets, extra donations, vacation days (which most save up for football season only), to continue to see a coaching staff not coach for the full 60 minutes. To see a coaching staff refuse to make adjustments, when they are as clear as day to those of us watching. For a coaching staff to finally make the necessary QB change, only because a so called concussion forced it (Dak in 2nd half of GB and we have 3 consecutive "Bowl Wins" not just appearances).

Why would any fan be happy about what is currently going on? I've had to make sacrifices and adjustments to my life to go watch us play these games (a home game is a 350 mile trip) home and away. When we continue to see a stubborn coaching staff, who is not willing to make the adjustments to put our team and players in the best position to win, it wears on us.

It's like that relationship where you break up, and the other person says they are going to change, so you give them another chance. Only later to find out that they are still the same person and they return to their old ways. This is the feeling most of us have about Mullen. His first year was the peak of his energy level as our HC on the field. Maybe he's been the one most effected by the 7-0 start and subsequent beat downs last year. Maybe he is mentally defeated? His play calling in the 2nd half Saturday night sure looked like it.

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 10:44 AM
...that we have fans that are so stupid that they would use a quote from JShort to defend their non-factual post. Thank you for agreeing with me.