PDA

View Full Version : What will make me change my opinion on Mullen...

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:16 PM
For me to get back in the Mullen camp, I need to see some things.

First of all, I want to see him run that first half offense with Dak for an entire 4 quarters. Mix it up, trust in Dak to throw, and keep the pedal to the metal.

Second, I want to see a two back rotation unless the game gets out of hand. We need to feed JRob and his 6 ypc average, and then mix Perkins in on 3rd downs and passing situations.

Third, I want to see the best players on the field and us trying to get the ball to them. In other words, no more jump balls to Morrow. More Lewis, RoJo, MoJo...more Derunnya, more Holloway.

Fourth, I want to see some damn emotion out of Mullen. I don't care if it's anger, joy, whatever...just show me something Danno.

There are more things that I am "hoping" to see, but this would be a tremendous start.

Op4isabitch
09-16-2013, 10:22 PM
+1

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-16-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree with all of this. The only thing I might change is why only use two backs when we have 4 good, or at least above average, running backs? Give all 4 of them some carries.

But I do agree that Robinson definitely needs more.

FlabLoser
09-16-2013, 10:29 PM

First of all, I want to see him run that first half offense with Dak for an entire 4 quarters. Mix it up, trust in Dak to throw, and keep the pedal to the metal.

Second, I want to see a two back rotation unless the game gets out of hand. We need to feed JRob and his 6 ypc average, and then mix Perkins in on 3rd downs and passing situations.

Third, I want to see the best players on the field and us trying to get the ball to them. In other words, no more jump balls to Morrow. More Lewis, RoJo, MoJo...more Derunnya, more Holloway.

Fourth, I want to see some damn emotion out of Mullen. I don't care if it's anger, joy, whatever...just show me something Danno.

There are more things that I am "hoping" to see, but this would be a tremendous start.

That's a headscratcher post.

Getting me back on the Mullen bandwagon would include just one thing - wins. Beat an LSU, South Carolina, etc. Beat the 5 weak teams left on the schedule and one or more good ones.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
I agree with all of this. The only thing I might change is why only use two backs when we have 4 good, or at least above average, running backs? Give all 4 of them some carries.

But I do agree that Robinson definitely needs more.

Because none of them EVER get in a rhythm because they are pulled after 1 carry. RB's are most effective when they are fed in repetition in my opinion. 2 RB's is plenty to rotate IMO

MarketingBully01
09-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I think winning the LSU game and getting to 5-2 before the USC game would change everyone's opinion.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:32 PM
That's a headscratcher post.

Getting me back on the Mullen bandwagon would include just one thing - wins. Beat an LSU, South Carolina, etc. Beat the 5 weak teams left on the schedule and one or more good ones.

Headscratcher? Why? If we do all of those things the wins will come in my opinion. Obviously I want the wins, but even if we play our best ball we are going to be underdogs in a majority of our remaining SEC games. Nothing difficult to understand I didn't think.

MarketingBully01
09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
The big key to your post Cadaver IMO is emotion from Mullen. This chewing on his play book sheet Mullen needs to go!

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 10:39 PM
I think Mullen is in over his head and feeling the pressure is getting to him. He freezes, kind of like a young qb would in a big game. I think Mullen needs to go back to being a coordinator. That's where he is best at. Some guys just arent cut out to be head coaches. And I'm starting to think his Yankee arrogance is turning potential recruits off. I might be wrong on that so don't bash me for saying that.

Will James
09-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Just win baby

And don't get embarrassed by teams we should compete with, not have the spread covered at the half. No excuse for the embarrassments of last year and OSU. no excuse for Auburn.

Bothrops
09-16-2013, 11:21 PM
A win in Little Rock and a victory over Old Miss will get me off his case.

Dawgface
09-17-2013, 08:18 AM
If we are competitive through out the balance of the season and he gets us to a bowl game, I can get back on board. I'm not asking for much. ;)

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 08:30 AM
I just want to see the fire... When he had it, our team had it... The wins followed

Ronny
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I think Mullen is in over his head and feeling the pressure is getting to him. He freezes, kind of like a young qb would in a big game. I think Mullen needs to go back to being a coordinator. That's where he is best at. Some guys just arent cut out to be head coaches. And I'm starting to think his Yankee arrogance is turning potential recruits off. I might be wrong on that so don't bash me for saying that.

Do you realize how ignorant you sound when you contribute a man's pecieved shortcomings to the region of the country he was born in? What year do you think this is? 1879?

Dan Mullen is screwing us because he is a "yankee?" You sound like a freaking moron when you say shit like this.

If Mullen wins Ole Miss fan calls him a Scientologist, or an athiest. If Mullen loses, MSU fan calls him a yankee.

I am not Dan Mullen's personal publicist, but if you want to see the retard segment of the Ole Miss & MSU fanbases come to life, just let Dan Mullen do something they don't like.

I realize there is a lot of leeway for ignorant tatements on sports messageboards, but sometimes it becomes so childish it must be called out.

If you really have a Miss. State education, please act like it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Because none of them EVER get in a rhythm because they are pulled after 1 carry. RB's are most effective when they are fed in repetition in my opinion. 2 RB's is plenty to rotate IMO

I noticed Alabama used three running backs against A&M, I do agree that 4 is probably too many to spread carries around to though.

I just looked at the box score to the Auburn game, did y'all realize we ran the ball 40 times and only 14 of those were carries by the running backs?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332570002

biscuit
09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
a bowl game

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Do you realize how ignorant you sound when you contribute a man's pecieved shortcomings to the region of the country he was born in? What year do you think this is? 1879?

Dan Mullen is screwing us because he is a "yankee?" You sound like a freaking moron when you say shit like this.

If Mullen wins Ole Miss fan calls him a Scientologist, or an athiest. If Mullen loses, MSU fan calls him a yankee.

I am not Dan Mullen's personal publicist, but if you want to see the retard segment of the Ole Miss & MSU fanbases come to life, just let Dan Mullen do something they don't like.

I realize there is a lot of leeway for ignorant tatements on sports messageboards, but sometimes it becomes so childish it must be called out.

So you don't think that different regions of the country have different personalities? If so you're the ignorant one. Ask any person from the North that is in Mississippi and they will tell you the people act totally different as a whole.

codeDawg
09-17-2013, 10:05 AM

I honestly don't give a shit how we do it, but we have to start averaging 30 points per game. Offenses are just plain ahead of defenses right now, and that includes ours. We have to get more points on the board. Against a defense like Auburn's we should have had 30+ points.

The only thing that saves Dan in my book is either achieving it, or admitting he isn't getting it done and bringing in help.

Dannyripms
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
hey ronny, just like the man above stated. southern people do react different to people from up north. not anyones fault. just saying you have a southern man in your living room talking to your son about college. you are more likely to trust him than someone from up north, and a arrogant northerner at that.

hacker
09-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Thank you.