PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lead singer Chester Bennington for Linkin Park dead from suicide

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Looks like he hung himself. Hate when anyone is reduced to thinking that is the only way out. There's always another path. Leaves behInd six children.

Jack Lambert
07-20-2017, 01:55 PM
I agree. If it spousal problems just go get you some new poon. If it is financial go get an bankruptcy attorney. If it is spiritual go find another preacher. If it is medical just wait it out and problem solved.

ScoobaDawg
07-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Oh goodness.....
Chester Bennington
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

"Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide (http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/18/soundgarden-audioslave-frontman-singer-chris-cornell-found-dead/) by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter (https://twitter.com/ChesterBe/status/865227703091208192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nme.com%2Fnews%2Fmusic%2F chris-cornell-chester-bennington-tribute-2073635) to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide."

Jack Lambert
07-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Oh goodness.....
Chester Bennington
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

"Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide (http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/18/soundgarden-audioslave-frontman-singer-chris-cornell-found-dead/) by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter (https://twitter.com/ChesterBe/status/865227703091208192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nme.com%2Fnews%2Fmusic%2F chris-cornell-chester-bennington-tribute-2073635) to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide."

We need some betting if OJ get paroled or not. That would be guarantee money.

ScoobaDawg
07-20-2017, 01:59 PM
I agree. If it spousal problems just go get you some new poon. If it is financial go get an bankruptcy attorney. If it is spiritual go find another preacher. If it is medical just wait it out and problem solved.

It's not that easy.... So many people in America have mental problems that are undiagnosed. And don't realize how serious it is till they come close.. or go too far. Sadly, so many people still don't get the right kind of attention.

I've learned that more so being around Military people over the past few years... Sadly some of the strongest people I have heard about.. who have helped so many other solderies overcome amazing feats... feel in the deep despairs for a short time and took their own lives.

TheRef
07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
It's not that easy.... So many people in America have mental problems that are undiagnosed. And don't realize how serious it is till they come close.. or go too far. Sadly, so many people still don't get the right kind of attention.

I've learned that more so being around Military people over the past few years... Sadly some of the strongest people I have heard about.. who have helped so many other solderies overcome amazing feats... feel in the deep despairs for a short time and took their own lives.

Agreed. And sometimes people don't want to be a burden on others. Depression comes in all sorts of ways. It's not always crying and wanting to talk to someone. Some who suffer from depression are really good at hiding it. They'll put on a mask and act like everything is fine. I've personally seen depression just change a person completely. A lot of people don't go for help with depression because there may be another factor. There isn't a tried and true method to dealing with depression because it takes on so many forms and has so many different reasons. A lot of times, depression is accompanied by other mental or even physical things. The feedback loop could go on for days, weeks, months, or even years. It's hard to stop depression once it is moving. So please, don't try to marginalize depression and reduce it to one or two simple solutions. And I know you weren't doing that, Scooba, but I was just building off of what you said.

oldjoedawg
07-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Depression is one of the most insidious mental diseases that a person can fight. Please don't ever think/say 'well, just get over it'.....or, 'get involved in doing something for yourself'....Depression becomes like a deep, deep pit that some cannot dig their way out,,,,,

Lord McBuckethead
07-20-2017, 02:29 PM
That is sad. Always liked Linkin Park.

Jack Lambert
07-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Well I don't think Someone killing them self is a automatic ticket to hell because of what you just said.

Commercecomet24
07-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Depression is one of the most insidious mental diseases that a person fight. Please don't ever think/say 'well, just get over it'.....or, 'get involved in doing something for yourself'....Depression becomes like a deep, deep pit that some cannot dig their way out,,,,,

Truer words have never been spoken! Amen, brother!

Doggie_Style
07-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Depression is one of the most insidious mental diseases that a person fight. Please don't ever think/say 'well, just get over it'.....or, 'get involved in doing something for yourself'....Depression becomes like a deep, deep pit that some cannot dig their way out,,,,,

Depression plus heroin is a deadly mix....see what it did to Kurt Cobain...

TUSK
07-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Courtney Love plus heroin is a deadly mix....see what it did to Kurt Cobain...

FIFY

BeardoMSU
07-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Well said, Joe.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do.

BeardoMSU
07-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do.

Jeez...

sleepy dawg
07-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Jeez...

I'm surprised the thread made it this long before someone took it there. Most replies are very good and thoughtful.

JDog13
07-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Jeez...

He has a point if you think about it. It will affect your family and loved ones the rest of their lives.

In the frame of mind they are in, they don't see it like this.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2017, 03:53 PM
He has a point if you think about it. It will affect your family and loved ones the rest of their lives.

In the frame of mind they are in, they don't see it like this.

Exactly. Take your own life it affects numerous people for the rest of theirs. May not see it at the time but it's exactly what happens.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm surprised the thread made it this long before someone took it there. Most replies are very good and thoughtful.

How about ask my reasoning for posting the post before saying it's not thought out. I don't give a **** if you think it's good or not. I'm not gonna tell you your opinion on it isn't good bc I don't know you or how you've been affected or not. Obtuse you are.

I seen it dawg
Same to you Beardo

TrapGame
Dude had some personal demons. I read an article about him years ago. He was abused as a kid and it really messed him up.

Bucky Dog
07-20-2017, 06:10 PM
For most, not all cases, it is about choices that they make and most involve getting into drugs. My brother in law made the choice to start smoking weed and drinking when he was 14, which led to other things. He is now a ward of the state with altered chemical imbalance and manic depression caused by the drug use. Unless you are born retarded we all have the innate ability to make choices that can have long term affects.

I agree that suicide is very selfish, and this guy left 6 kids fatherless! I was just listening to Sirius and the rock DJ Jose was saying the same thing. Said Chester was a coward and and no one should praise him for leaving his family that way and it should leave a black mark on his career! Yes it's sad and he obviously had demons but again we all have choices to make. The mention of war veterans and stuff I get with the PTSD and such but therapy and such is vitally important, and important for friends and family to intervene earlier. And if true the child abuse occurs, that can also lead to the inability to make and intelligent decision to start into drugs. I'm sure Chester fought the addiction problems as well.

Back to the drugs. A males brain typically doesn't fully develop until 20-21 years and as in my BIL case the doctors say that the chemicals introduced early on altered his brain development completely.

WSOPdawg
07-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Damn, that sux!!! Are we sure he didn't "cross" the Clintons?