PDA

View Full Version : Statistically speaking, we're right on schedule.

Dawgpile
09-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Since Allyn Mckeen's era ended in 1955, we've averaged a new coach every 5.55 years... Including Jackie's 12.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Perfect!!! Bring on the Hud!!!

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 09:20 PM
We get HUD we will have our coach for 15+ years. The man is true maroon and I don't see him going anywhere else. He will get us that sec championship

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
We get HUD we will have our coach for 15+ years. The man is true maroon and I don't see him going anywhere else. He will get us that sec championship

I said OM fans are crazy if they think freeze would turn a power program down if offered and ill say the same here. If hud came here and bama offered, he'd leave. These power programs offer something state and OM don't -- chance to win titles

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 09:32 PM
I said OM fans are crazy if they think freeze would turn a power program down if offered and ill say the same here. If hud came here and bama offered, he'd leave. These power programs offer something state and OM don't -- chance to win titles

If Hud were to get hired away from us by Bama, I'll gladly take it! Must mean we are kicking some ass, ha

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
If Hud were to get hired away from us by Bama, I'll gladly take it! Must mean we are kicking some ass, ha

It's always better to lose a coach getting a better job than to fire one.

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Hate to tell you, freeze isn't going anywhere and HUD won't either. And that mentality that we can't win it here sucks. We can win it here just like anyone else. Some of the best football players of all time come from right here in good ole mississippi. Get a coach that knows how to use them and we can and will win it here.

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Hate to tell you, freeze isn't going anywhere and HUD won't either. And that mentality that we can't win it here sucks. We can win it here just like anyone else. Some of the best football players of all time come from right here in good ole mississippi. Get a coach that knows how to use them and we can and will win it here.

It's easy to say freeze won't go anywhere, until there's 5 million a year at texas or the like. Freeze graduated from usm not OM.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 09:52 PM
SEC schools aren't allowed to hire SEC coaches away from each other. Been that way since Slive came in. Nut, after being canned at Arkansas, is the only coach to make a lateral move within the conference.

Noxdog
09-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Guess where Hudspeth graduated from. That's right, it was not MSU.

It's easy to say freeze won't go anywhere, until there's 5 million a year at texas or the like. Freeze graduated from usm not OM.

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
SEC schools aren't allowed to hire SEC coaches away from each other. Been that way since Slive came in. Nut, after being canned at Arkansas, is the only coach to make a lateral move within the conference.

I was just using a powerhouse. Substitute texas for Alabama

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah but freeze has been an ole miss guy his whole life. Plus I'm sure they could pony up 3.5-4 million to keep him. And that's another thing, we actually have more revenue than ole miss but they pay their assistants more. We have something like 4million surplus every year after everyone is paid. Surely we could use 500k to up the pay a little

Pollodawg
09-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Are we positive we are getting an upgrade with Hud?

Pollodawg
09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
All I know is that I want a proven head coach this time out. Don't bring another coordinator in here.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 09:59 PM
I was just using a powerhouse. Substitute texas for Alabama

gotcha. Either way, Hud won't leave. His kids are close and he wants to be near them.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't think Freeze is leaving OM either.

msstate7
09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah but freeze has been an ole miss guy his whole life. Plus I'm sure they could pony up 3.5-4 million to keep him. And that's another thing, we actually have more revenue than ole miss but they pay their assistants more. We have something like 4million surplus every year after everyone is paid. Surely we could use 500k to up the pay a little

I could be wrong. After freeze works his butt off and still continues to lose to saban, he'll realize the playing field isn't exactly level. Once that happens, he'll see how to get to the top -- go to a program where they have the resources and the recruiting pool

msstate7
09-16-2013, 10:07 PM
gotcha. Either way, Hud won't leave. His kids are close and he wants to be near them.

Money, power, and ***** make men forget loyalties they thought they had

msstate7
09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Money, power, and ***** make men forget loyalties they thought they had

The power programs have much more prestige and money than our schools can offer. Take a look at bama and lsu's facilities vs ours. Can you even compare the home stadiums we have vs the 80k+ the big boys have? It's easy to be loyal when there's no one offering something better

Pollodawg
09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
What really pisses me off about Mullen is that we're still losing games in year five the way we did in year one. It shows me that he hasn't learned at all. Maybe he isn't capable. Maybe he is too arrogant. I don't know, but I do know this: If you aren't moving forward in this conference, your ass is going backwards.

And as far as Hud goes, I just don't know if I trust the guy yet. Yeah, he knows Mississippi better than Mullen does. And, yeah, he is probably a better recruiter, but I still don't know.. We have to get some mo back from the bears. This year for them will be better than 2010 was for us. We are dead in the water at the moment.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:22 PM
What really pisses me off about Mullen is that we're still losing games in year five the way we did in year one. It shows me that he hasn't learned at all. Maybe he isn't capable. Maybe he is too arrogant. I don't know, but I do know this: If you aren't moving forward in this conference, your ass is going backwards.

And as far as Hud goes, I just don't know if I trust the guy yet. Yeah, he knows Mississippi better than Mullen does. And, yeah, he is probably a better recruiter, but I still don't know.. We have to get some mo back from the bears. This year for them will be better than 2010 was for us. We are dead in the water at the moment.

I agree.

And the reason I want Hud is because I don't feel he could do any worse than Mullen is at the moment with this talent and depth, but his ceiling would be higher in my opinion because I feel Mullen is trending down and has already hit his ceiling. I think he will recruit better and bring more fire, which, with this talent, should be more than enough to top what Mullen is doing with them over the last year and a half anyway. I just think it could only be better, and at worst...equal to what we've gotten out of Mullen coming into this year.

But who knows.