PDA

View Full Version : So the Rebs have to release the booster names by today

Bucky Dog
07-20-2017, 08:09 AM
According to the ruling by the Ethics Commission last week. They had 7 days to comply with the ruling. I know John Doe and others are suing or threatening, but WHO will ask OM if and when they will release the names, or if they ever actually will??

I'm not holding my breath!

jumbo
07-20-2017, 08:12 AM
According to the ruling by the Ethics Commission last week. They had 7 days to comply with the ruling. I know John Doe and others are suing or threatening, but WHO will ask OM if and when they will release the names, or if they ever actually will??

I'm not holding my breath!

Didn't one of them file an appeal? Won't that delay the release until the appeal is heard/dismissed?

lamont
07-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Yeah- appeal was filed to delay it

Jack Lambert
07-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Someone give me all the reasons why boosters would want their names kept secret other then just being a ole miss dick.

MadDawg
07-20-2017, 08:24 AM
7 *working* days according to the document

PassInterference
07-20-2017, 08:32 AM
Yeah, it's in court. I don't know how long it will take the court to respond, but I don't see this moving past round 1 of motions. John Doe has little chance.

Political Hack
07-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Someone give me all the reasons why boosters would want their names kept secret other then just being a ole miss dick.

Because your phone starts ringing off the hook from Pat Forde, Joe Schad, CBS, etc... and every creep on the internet tries to Facebook friend your wife. You have to explain the PR hit to your job & family. And google never forgets.

Either way, they're delaying the inevitable imo. However, if they find that the booster does have a right to privacy, I'll be on the phone with their lawyer pretty quickly. I decided way back when that I was going to watch the people that came after me burn to the ground. That's happening. Next on the list is the NCAA, but I've got to wait to see how this goes and of course, let them finish their ongoing work first.

Tbonewannabe
07-20-2017, 08:36 AM
So how can one person that is suing to keep their name out of it prevent all of the names from being released? I don't understand how that affects all the names.

yjnkdawg
07-20-2017, 08:44 AM
One State Institution needs to write their own book titled " How To Circumvent The Mississippi Public Records Act, Volume I. They have been in violation of this act (law) since 5 business days past after the first public records request was officially made. If you excede that time frame , then you must send written notification to the requester with a legitimate reason why you can not furnish the records within the 5 day requirement and the requester must agree to this and a mutual release date is agreed upon. This may stall releasing the unredacted names. It shouldn't , but it might, but they will be eventually released. As the Ethics Commisison ruled they are not exempt, and anyboby who can interpret the provisions under the act knew there was no valid reason for this BS by a state agency. And that NCAA response way back when they said they couldn't release any records due to confidentality is BS also. State Law would supersede any policies or rules under the NCAA. If the NCAA had a problem with that then they would gone through the proper filing with the Ethics Commission.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2017, 08:48 AM
So how can one person that is suing to keep their name out of it prevent all of the names from being released? I don't understand how that affects all the names.

This was my question as well, as it would seem that they would just release all the names but John Doe's.

However, then someone mentioned that John Doe has refused to tell the ethics commission which booster # he is, & thus they can't release anyone because they aren't sure who John Doe is.

Tbonewannabe
07-20-2017, 08:51 AM
One State Institution needs to write their own book titled " How To Circumvent The Mississippi Public Records Act, Volume I. They have been in violation of this act (law) since 5 business days past after the first public records request was officially made. If you excede that time frame , then you must send written notification to the requester with a legitimate reason why you can not furnish the records within the 5 day requirement and the requester must agree to this and a mutual release date is agreed upon. This may stall releasing the unredacted names. It shouldn't , but it might, but they will be eventually released. As the Ethics Commisison ruled they are not exempt, and anyboby who can interpret the provisions under the act knew there was no valid reason for this BS by a state agency. And that NCAA response way back when they said they couldn't release any records due to confidentality is BS also. State Law would supersede any policies or rules under the NCAA. If the NCAA had a problem with that then they would gone through the proper filing with the Ethics Commission.

Didn't they already do this with Steve? They said the person that would release it was on vacation and would send it when they got back or something along those lines? Of course that just gave them time to figure out how to get someone to sue as John Doe and further delay it along with the other stall tactics.

This whole thing is just trying to keep their last bought class on campus so they don't transfer this year. Then they keep Shay Shay and Little for the next year probably because they will think they are going pro right after that year. It is all about hanging onto this class to try and get them through the bowl ban.

Tbonewannabe
07-20-2017, 08:53 AM
This was my question as well, as it would seem that they would just release all the names but John Doe's.

However, then someone mentioned that John Doe has refused to tell the ethics commission which booster # he is, & thus they can't release anyone because they aren't sure who John Doe is.

So with that logic, how do they know he has the right to sue? It could be some random UM fan that is not named in the NOA.

yjnkdawg
07-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Because your phone starts ringing off the hook from Pat Forde, Joe Schad, CBS, etc... and every creep on the internet tries to Facebook friend your wife. You have to explain the PR hit to your job & family. And google never forgets.

Either way, they're delaying the inevitable imo. However, if they find that the booster does have a right to privacy, I'll be on the phone with their lawyer pretty quickly. I decided way back when that I was going to watch the people that came after me burn to the ground. That's happening. Next on the list is the NCAA, but I've got to wait to see how this goes and of course, let them finish their ongoing work first.

If the booster gets a ruling that his name is exempt then the MS Public Records Act is a defunct law. If he is a party in the requested documents then his name will be released under the public records act. Those lawyers know this . It's purely a stall tactic.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2017, 08:57 AM
So with that logic, how do they know he has the right to sue? It could be some random UM fan that is not named in the NOA.

They don't & it's one of many reasons why his appeal will be denied.

But regardless, it still delays the process because someone has to review the situation & deny it.

yjnkdawg
07-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Didn't they already do this with Steve? They said the person that would release it was on vacation and would send it when they got back or something along those lines? Of course that just gave them time to figure out how to get someone to sue as John Doe and further delay it along with the other stall tactics.

This whole thing is just trying to keep their last bought class on campus so they don't transfer this year. Then they keep Shay Shay and Little for the next year probably because they will think they are going pro right after that year. It is all about hanging onto this class to try and get them through the bowl ban.

The reason about the person being on vacation is BS. Shutting down a section of your agency because someone is on vacation is laughable. Agencies are supposed to have another employee or employees trained to handle situations that occur if this did actually occur.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 09:08 AM

Then Steve should be collecting the penalties and fines. OM is just attempting to keep that 2016, 2017 class on campus -- you are correct.... Those classes have many at received illegal benefits.....

Political Hack
07-20-2017, 09:10 AM

It was a "stay" request on the ethics commission ruling. If the ruling is place on hold (stay granted), it would impact all of the names.

Political Hack
07-20-2017, 09:11 AM
If the booster gets a ruling that his name is exempt then the MS Public Records Act is a defunct law. If he is a party in the requested documents then his name will be released under the public records act. Those lawyers know this . It's purely a stall tactic.

Agree, why is why I said there delaying the inevitable imo.

jumbo
07-20-2017, 09:26 AM

I don't think anyone is suing anyone. The booster(s) just filed an appeal and the internet ran with it and said they are suing Steve.

yjnkdawg
07-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Agree, why is why I said there delaying the inevitable imo.

That is true on the inevitable. They can use all type of potential stall tactics, but as long as the MS Public Records Act remains intact then all parties in the requested documents will be made public. Now if for some unusual reason that KFC's secret recipe was in there, which would have no merit as to the requested documents and would be an exemption regardless, then that information would be redacted. Very few things are exempt and can be excluded and again those Attorneys know that.

Spiderman
07-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Yeah- appeal was filed to delay it

But if the judge hasn't granted a stay, it should be released. I haven't seen where a judge has actually issued a stay

lamont
07-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Then why not release the other names that didn't appeal ?

John Doe filed. No idea which name it is

MadDawg
07-20-2017, 09:45 AM
John Doe filed. No idea which name it is

The court has to know.

beretta
07-20-2017, 10:39 AM
The court has to know.

Oh, it is well known who it is.....its just not public....the IHL knows, UM knows, Steve knows....just nobody saying anything....YET....Ridgeland, MS is becoming a hot bed for this investigation

MSUDawg99
07-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Oh, it is well known who it is.....its just not public....the IHL knows, UM knows, Steve knows....just nobody saying anything....YET....Ridgeland, MS is becoming a hot bed for this investigation

Butler Snow, in particular?

JDog13
07-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Butler Snow, in particular?

Newk's

MeridianDog
07-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Patience, Have Patience Grasshopper

All will come to pass as it was intended when all was placed into being.

Karma is and will continue to be a bitch!

BulldogDX55
07-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Patience, Have Patience Grasshopper

All will come to pass as it was intended when all was placed into being.

Karma is and will continue to be a bitch!

That regdate, post count, and thread selection...hmmm...

MeridianDog
07-20-2017, 12:25 PM
That regdate, post count, and thread selection...hmmm...

I know. It is a great mystery. I think I joined this group the first week and then decided to become a lurker because of the pressures of work during my last years in business.

Then retirement came upon me! and I have time to spellcheck now!

I love that with seven years of allowable participation, I am still a junior member.

Once again, Karma will cover everything.

If it helps just consider me a fly on the wall.

I really thought I posted 10 or 20 times back in 2013 but evidently if you don't use it, you lose it.

What is vCash?

MeridianDog
07-20-2017, 12:28 PM
If it helps I am MeridianDog on other websites, too

PMDawg
07-20-2017, 12:33 PM
My thought, not that anyone cares - If you don't want your name to become public (and whatever negatives come with it), don't do something that could make it happen. If you do, then just deal with the consequences like a man. Reap what you sow, lay in your bed...yada yada yada.

HSVDawg
07-20-2017, 12:38 PM
The court has to know.

The court may know, but they don't know which booster number he is. And they can't release his name to any public entity if he files as a John Doe, and that includes OM. Therefore there is no way to keep just his name redacted from the document.

MeridianDog
07-20-2017, 12:59 PM
At his discretion the judge can go into chambers learn the true name of John Doe, along with his booster number and then tell OM which name to redact, as if they don't already know who John Doe really is.

Actually, the judge can do pretty much whatever he desires, knowing all the time that someone will be upset with his decision. The (two) questions I have are:

Is John Doe's true identity already known to the Judge and is John Doe a personal friend?

Sadly I doubt my questions will be answered, since they impact Lawyers and Judges, who usually know the value of keeping their mouths closed.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 01:04 PM
I would guess that the judge should recuse himself.... He is an OM booster....

JDog13
07-20-2017, 01:06 PM
At his discretion the judge can go into chambers and tell OM which name to redact, as if they don't already know. Actually, the judge can do pretty much whatever he desires, knowing all the time that someone will be upset with his decision. The question I have is this.

Is John Doe's true identity already known to the Judge and is John Doe a personal friend?

Yes, olay miss does know, and they can be told to release the names with only John Dickhead's redacted.

MeridianDog
07-20-2017, 01:08 PM
I would guess that the judge should recuse himself.... He is an OM booster....

Who (In his opinion) has the integrity to remain perfectly impartial with respect to the law and his ability to keep his friends and passions separate from his decision making process.

Where is the darn ROTFLMAO button?

louisvilledawg
07-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Newk's

Right by me. Nice. I'll shall do some investigating while having the Newks Q sandwich.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Who (In his opinion) has the integrity to remain perfectly impartial with respect to the law and his ability to keep his friends and passions separate from his decision making process.

Where is the darn ROTFLMAO button?

When the 1st John Doe entered the case in Hinds county...... the 1st judge did recuse himself/herself due to conflict of interest. Then they appointed a judge who graduated from MS College, I believe the name of the college...... The 1st judge recuse them self within hours of the case being filed.

If the said appointed judge is a true and honest then it should not matter where they graduated. I guess we will see...

Bucky Dog
07-20-2017, 02:23 PM
The problem is why or how is said John Doe able to have his or her name redacted?? As another post said, they put themselves in this situation, involved in a public university investigation, so their name SHOULD be made public, no matter if they are just a lain ole John Doe, the head of a giant law firm, a CEO, a HOF athlete or the president of the USA. If one John Doe is granted the immunity and right to remain anonymous, then all the boosters will be granted that right. It shouldn't matter how important you are or think you are and state law should prevail.

And yes OM knows all the names and all of this delay and such is orchestrated. Still funny how the only names we know of in the entire NOA from coaches to SA to boosters, is Leo, Kobe and Miller. Pathetic!!

PassInterference
07-20-2017, 02:37 PM
It was a "stay" request on the ethics commission ruling. If the ruling is place on hold (stay granted), it would impact all of the names.

There is no stay. There was a motion for a stay which hasn't been ruled upon.

But count on OM to execute their own stay. They aren't doing anything with an open case out there even though they are under legal orders to release the info.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 02:45 PM
There is no stay. There was a motion for a stay which hasn't been ruled upon.

But count on OM to execute their own stay. They aren't doing anything with an open case out there even though they are under legal orders to release the info.

Do you think the judge is waiting out the 7 day rule where he doesn't have to get involved with a ruling? Then OM will be in contempt again after 5:00 pm today..... I don't believe that they were given 7 Business days.... so 7th day is today....

PassInterference
07-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Daaaammmnnn look what Rosebowl filed in response to John Doe's motion for a stay:

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/07/steve-robertson-fires-back-at-john-doe.html

Check out this part:

"Upon information and belief, the impartiality of Chancellor Dewayne Thoma s might be reasonably questioned since: 1) he is an alumnus of the University of Mississippi; 2) he is a donor to the University of Mississippi and its athletic program; and 3) he regularly attends athletic events held at the University of Mississippi."

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 02:50 PM
The problem is why or how is said John Doe able to have his or her name redacted?? As another post said, they put themselves in this situation, involved in a public university investigation, so their name SHOULD be made public, no matter if they are just a lain ole John Doe, the head of a giant law firm, a CEO, a HOF athlete or the president of the USA. If one John Doe is granted the immunity and right to remain anonymous, then all the boosters will be granted that right. It shouldn't matter how important you are or think you are and state law should prevail.

And yes OM knows all the names and all of this delay and such is orchestrated. Still funny how the only names we know of in the entire NOA from coaches to SA to boosters, is Leo, Kobe and Miller. Pathetic!!

I hope for OM sake that they know who the employee is whom released Kobe and LL's name... FERPA investigation is looming..... lurking.....

Then OM will have more of the 3 D's: Denial, Deflection and Denigrate

Reason2succeed
07-20-2017, 03:42 PM
With all the stalling and deflecting won't it be an even bigger story when the names finally do come out? I suspect the national sports media may go ahead and run the story since there is so much intrigue into how far the boosters went to remain anonymous.

Spiderman
07-20-2017, 03:55 PM
I hope for OM sake that they know who the employee is whom released Kobe and LL's name... FERPA investigation is looming..... lurking.....

You are about half wacko, but that question HAS to be answered. It's a criminal violation committed either by Bjork, Freeze or a Football staff member

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2017, 05:15 PM
You are about half wacko, but that question HAS the be answered. It's a criminal violation committed either by Bjork, Freeze or a Football staff member

The assumption is that the OM Staff in some form leaked the names....

Evidently you have never worked in education..... You may be very surprised as to whom gave the names to RR and his attorney's. This is a federal offense and the university should loose their federal funding.... ACT Fraud, FERPA Law violations, IRS could come calling.... this mess just gets more entertaining.....

Spotted
07-20-2017, 08:29 PM

After reading your posts this morning, I'm struck by your statement about being exposed by the release of documents and your waiting for the impending burning down of the court of power up north. Led me to believe that you had close personal knowledge of that pocedure. There were details about how the release of information would affect an individual. I also think I remember occasional posts about things others have done to your reputation.

Not trying to be too nosy, but have you been victim to this type of situation? I've always read your posts and trusted your insight and interpretation...perhaps now I see why?

Again...not trying to be too personal, but there might be a place and time for that story to come out. That would make a very interesting read. Unless it's too fresh or personal.